Are Black people too sensitive when it comes to Blackface

Started by AIDS!, October 31, 2015, 08:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AIDS!

Quote from: Miranda on November 01, 2015, 09:31:09 AM
Quote from: RED on November 01, 2015, 09:24:20 AM
Quote from: Miranda on November 01, 2015, 09:09:01 AM

I think there's a difference between homage and an offensive parody/caricature

If Heidi Klum did a photo shoot dolled up as Grace Jones or Naomi Campbell with black paint on ha body, she would get roasted for year straight.
Thats because of the roots and history of blackface lol

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: BowDown on November 01, 2015, 09:27:22 AM
I think it depends on the blackface.

Don't see the big deal with this or that Kanye one...

yeah i think when the paint is done right i dont see the problem .. the crazy eyes one works.. but when youre using that BLACK AS TAR PAINT like they used back in the day you know?? it just looks bad ...

cause we can dress up in white face and no one says anything

LiiVE

I mean I'm not really offended by it but when they're giving off some stereotypical type mess then yeah.

Miranda

I think there is a difference between trying to dress as a slave or a rapist and painting yourself black or dressing up as Akon and therefore adjusting your skin color.

pCj

GLOCK

U can pull off any custome without black face
Jimmy Fallon is an example

GLOCK

It's sorta sad when someone perches the 3 black people to ever do white face ..
Fff
And not truly knowing the history of black face and the negative connotation behind it

Ignorance

Herb.

And there is a strong history behind blackface.
So any time that it's done, side eyes will emerge immediately, regardless of intent.
Beyonce is a black woman who did blackface and still received backlash, since she's lightskindedededededed.

It's a really hurtful history behind those types of images; anyone who dares to do it better tread very lightly.

Whiteface on the other hand -- where is the joke in it? Where's the shade? Whites are regarded as a superior race in this country, and many others as well. We have people putting on permanent whitefaces every day with these damn bleaching creams and mess. And blond fucking wigs, and those tacky looking colored contacts.

It's fucking disgusting tbh. So Tyra's shoot was nothing more than an extension of the homage that we pay white people every fucking day.

AIDS!

Quote from: Herbie on November 01, 2015, 10:33:22 AM

And there is a strong history behind blackface.
So any time that it's done, side eyes will emerge immediately, regardless of intent.
Beyonce is a black woman who did blackface and still received backlash, since she's lightskindedededededed.

It's a really hurtful history behind those types of images; anyone who dares to do it better tread very lightly.

Whiteface on the other hand -- where is the joke in it? Where's the shade? Whites are regarded as a superior race in this country, and many others as well. We have people putting on permanent whitefaces every day with these damn bleaching creams and mess. And blond fucking wigs, and those tacky looking colored contacts.
:cheerup:
Read IT

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Glock on November 01, 2015, 10:27:12 AM
It's sorta sad when someone perches the 3 black people to ever do white face ..
Fff
And not truly knowing the history of black face and the negative connotation behind it

Ignorance

we all know what it MEANT in the PAST just like the word NIGGER was a HORRIBLE thing in the PAST too

and i know since i quoted you youre gonna come and call me names and try to drag and roast me but but oh well

there are some that shouldnt be done but the crazy eyes and kanye one are ok