HONESTY Hour: Do you think Michael Jackson's change of skintone helped him...

Started by charlie., November 01, 2015, 12:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Michael Jackson's change of skintone helped him become more "accepting"/"popular" or sell records to "white audience"?

Yes.
5 (29.4%)
No.
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 01, 2015, 12:11:38 PM

LOONA.

hhhh

Glock gur

Michael was dark and that's what anybody who isn't black saw him as. They don't see red, yellow caramel and all that other stupid mess black people have made up.   

RekeRig

Quote from: Miranda on November 01, 2015, 12:51:56 PM
I see dark and brown used interchangeably all the time tbh. Then there is light and also yellow. I don't think your theory is universal for the entire United States lol.
!!!!!

I'm brown I guess, but I'm considered a dark skin man I believe

Herb.

I think this is a big problem in our community...

last week my coworkers complimented me and were joking with me. And I was laughing and said stop, you're making me blush and you know that's hard since I'm dark skinned lol...just a harmless joke.

She immediately moved to correct me...."you're not dark skinned :uhh: " then she went into this silly description of what I.....again of what I should be identifying MYSELF as. I didn't bother to even memorize it but I''m sure it included dairy free creamer of some sort.

Like, if I see myself as dark skinned, let me do that. I am proud of my skin. You'd think I called myself ugly or something. "omg! wtf :diddraispoot: honey don't say that... " :uhh:

Let me identify with what I see in the mirror. As long as I'm not running around calling myself white, you shouldn't be moving to correct me

Cowgirl

Quote from: Herbie on November 01, 2015, 01:22:45 PM
last week my coworkers complimented me and were joking with me.
If you all were working you wouldn't have had that problem.
:hmph:

RekeRig

Quote from: Herbie on November 01, 2015, 01:22:45 PM
I think this is a big problem in our community...

last week my coworkers complimented me and were joking with me. And I was laughing and said stop, you're making me blush and you know that's hard since I'm dark skinned lol...just a harmless joke.

She immediately moved to correct me...."you're not dark skinned :uhh: " then she went into this silly description of what I.....again of what I should be identifying MYSELF as. I didn't bother to even memorize it but I''m sure it included dairy free creamer of some sort.

Like, if I see myself as dark skinned, let me do that. I am proud of my skin. You'd think I called myself ugly or something. "omg! wtf :diddraispoot: honey don't say that... " :uhh:

Let me identify with what I see in the mirror. As long as I'm not running around calling myself white, you shouldn't be moving to correct me
not her being concerned

:plzstop:

I've gotten "omg no you aren't" so many times smsdmdfccccccv

Herb.

And what's more alarming is that the person who corrected me is dark skin as well, which is why I felt comfortable making the joke with her.....like something for us to laugh about real quick....and come together on. But instead it ended up into a breakdown of color shades .... i walked away from the conversation like :udontlookok: it completely turned me off.

Plank

michael was my skin tones n i consider myselfs lite skin....so yea

it def' help him imo!!

Jon

Miranda

On Quantico they called Priyanka "dark skinned", am mean... If she is dark, MJ is def "dark". This is universal America, or the Western World MJ was slaying at, not just black America, or just Africa.

GLOCK

Quote from: Marilyn on November 01, 2015, 01:09:07 PM
Malcolm is a ki. I vividly remember him saying "Brandy is not dark. I've been to Africa and seen real darkskinned people." on the old board. Now all of a sudden Michael "is definitely dark."
Am yelling