HONESTY Hour: Do you think Michael Jackson's change of skintone helped him...

Started by charlie., November 01, 2015, 12:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think Michael Jackson's change of skintone helped him become more "accepting"/"popular" or sell records to "white audience"?

Yes.
5 (29.4%)
No.
12 (70.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: December 01, 2015, 12:11:38 PM

Miranda

Quote from: RIG on November 01, 2015, 01:26:11 PM
Quote from: Herbie on November 01, 2015, 01:22:45 PM
I think this is a big problem in our community...

last week my coworkers complimented me and were joking with me. And I was laughing and said stop, you're making me blush and you know that's hard since I'm dark skinned lol...just a harmless joke.

She immediately moved to correct me...."you're not dark skinned :uhh: " then she went into this silly description of what I.....again of what I should be identifying MYSELF as. I didn't bother to even memorize it but I''m sure it included dairy free creamer of some sort.

Like, if I see myself as dark skinned, let me do that. I am proud of my skin. You'd think I called myself ugly or something. "omg! wtf :diddraispoot: honey don't say that... " :uhh:

Let me identify with what I see in the mirror. As long as I'm not running around calling myself white, you shouldn't be moving to correct me
not her being concerned

:plzstop:

I've gotten "omg no you aren't" so many times smsdmdfccccccv

I hate when white people do this only so they can also claim you or other mixed folk. Beyonc? ain't black lols, part of us kinda sorta... Obama, one of us! hehe Mulatos!

Only when the shit is convenient.

charlie.

LOONA.

RekeRig

Angel In Disguise

No.  I think the first couple of nose jobs helped him, but just everybody in Hollywood has been helped by a nose job.

I do think some people preferred him with lighter skin, though.  Not me or anybody I know, but I have seen some things.

Almost

Ulysses

No. I believe it actually hurt him. Towards the end, he was known for many other things besides the music he was releasing. His skin color transition was an easy target for many jokes. Luckily he proved his genius before, after and during his transition (and odd lifestlye) so there was never a question about the man's talent. Love MJ

Cowgirl

Quote from: Ulysses on November 01, 2015, 03:13:14 PM
No. I believe it actually hurt him. Towards the end, he was known for many other things besides the music he was releasing. His skin color transition was an easy target for many jokes. Luckily he proved his genius before, after and during his transition (and odd lifestlye) so there was never a question about the man's talent. Love MJ
!!!

He shat before whitenicous and then after he really gave them a reason to scrutinize and humiliate him.