Are yawl supporting this "Ban The Box"?

Started by Bentley!, November 02, 2015, 10:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bentley!

QuoteBan the Box is the name of an international campaign by civil rights groups and advocates for ex-offenders, aimed at persuading employers to remove from their hiring applications the check box that asks if applicants have a criminal record. Its purpose is to enable ex-offenders to display their qualifications in the hiring process before being asked about their criminal records. The premise of the campaign is that anything that makes it harder for ex-offenders to find a job makes it likelier that they will re-offend, which is bad for society.

?

Bentley!

November 02, 2015, 11:00:00 AM #1 Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 11:00:29 AM by Bentley!
Do the crime, do the time is just that to me.
It doesn't stop after you're out all the time. You have to know that when you offend.
And I can't be upset with ex-criminals taking a year to find jobs, when college graduates are having the same amount of troubles.

pCj

I mean, I guess...

It would only help those who committed minor crimes, like drug offences or something. Those guilty of serious crimes would be way too institutionalized to function in gen. pop, let alone have the ability to explain those fucking GAPS in their resume. Employers can still do a criminal record check.