HONESTY HOUR: Brandy's Current Music Career

Started by MAY, November 25, 2015, 04:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

#1 Cuz IM Da BeSt!

i see some of you are singing the same old song again.  :ohwow:

Purple Moon

Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Genesis

I just want the music.. And not two singles per era either.. She's done that since 2002 and its annoying.

I honestly dont care for Brandy as an actress outside of a few roles

Myron

I don't know about yall as Brandy fans... But every era after the first there has been a couple of songs that are undeniably "Brandy" and what I want from her sound and musical identity.

Focus
Angel in disguise
Porcelain doll
Do you know
Where you wanna be
Shattered heart

Just a few records that give nothing but dark moody vibes. Innovating haunting production with a raspy contralto cooing and inserting unexpected flawless runs in the background.

*ugh "how I feel" just came on* ????

Brandy to me, is an artist you light a blunt too, you vibe too...you reflect too.

And I wish she knew that's who she is musically to Many fans

Miranda

Sis can't even send out a damn tweet clearing up the EP situation.

Myron

Yes Afro.
What you said.

Just go into a room and DO YOU.

Pick up a pen a bit.

throwintheTAL

this thread is kinda useless

not like bran is gonna scan through it and say, "oH! yeah! great idea guys"

BAPHOMET.

RekeRig

GYNandTONIC

November 25, 2015, 10:07:05 PM #149 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:43:01 AM by GYNandTONIC
I know Brandy is a vet in this business. My expectations for her are simply to do better than her peers. She has done that and more so Im proud.

There was a time where I felt being a fan would come to an end because I saw she had difficulty keeping up with the changes in music. She has settled that fear of mine not once but 3x's.

I love Brandy as a full package. I get super excited about music but my real joy just comes from seeing her working because I know it could be very different.
Shes respected by her genre and as the years go on her legend status is being further solidified.

I dont expect a Beyonce release. I don't expect Rhiannas wardrobe. I do expect Brandy to be that bubbly girl next door w/ the wide smile and bright eyes. Thats the Brandy I feel for and as soon as that Zoe commercial came on thats who I saw.

I do wish she communicated more. Not for me but for you all bcuz I see that connection means alot to you all.