HONESTY HOUR: Brandy's Current Music Career

Started by MAY, November 25, 2015, 04:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miranda

If they don't hire Rochelle, or Dawn as creative director of this next project. Just take a hungry new unknown creative gorl to revamp her.

GYNandTONIC

November 26, 2015, 08:29:42 AM #166 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:32:20 AM by GYNandTONIC
Quote from: CarseyWerner on November 26, 2015, 06:48:49 AM
I hate that Brandy has been making me question who I really have been stanning for through the years. Obviously that voice which belongs to her, but she doesn't really deserve all the credit for most of what I've loved. I suppose I used to stan for her A&R, Executive Producers, Publicist, Manager, Art Director, Stylist, Video Directors etc... It's so apparent that her team sucks and has sucked for awhile. Without the Atlantic machine she seems rather lackluster as an artist. There haven't been any sightings of the BRANDY brand since 2004. (It started to diminish with the Ultima endorsement.)  She is an amazing talent that has been resting on her laurels. The general public doesn't know how to appreciate talent unless it's properly presented. (See Keke Wyatt vs Beyonce) The overall package is not up to par and she is well aware of that. Sadly she hasn't done anything to change it.

If all of what you said is true, you have a very small group of artist to stan for. Like... What artist controls their music, visuals, styling, management? Its unrealistic! You think Adele is in Chanel picking her wardrobe and editing her own videos? Every artist has a team.

Some expectations are just ridiculous at this point. She been in the game 20+, her brand is doing damn well. Shes still being sought out by the young artist to collab. Shes always acting. She just left broadway. Shes performed at award show. She still presents too. Who else from her time is doing it?

Rxxf

Quote from: RIG on November 26, 2015, 03:36:20 AM
Yea ...  she's sold millions more than once and even after those albums, she STILL took 4 year breaks :dead: it will always be this way lol. If an artist can take a four year break after a SMASH album like NSN, then .... ch.

Brandy will have you graduate Junior High, High School and College from one era to the next.
:plzstop:
BRANDY

Rxxf

November 26, 2015, 09:21:00 AM #168 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:21:22 AM by r
Quote from: Herbie on November 25, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
My best friend always joked about "what is there more for Brandy to do music wise...what is she gonna be singing about?" And of course I had a laundry list of things I threw at her. But lately I've been asking myself that question. Like, where is the direction gonna take her? What will be the theme? What will she discuss? I don't think she should just record a bunch of songs and put out the alber with no real goal or purpose. I need GHan to get in her zone.

It would benefit her to have a theme behind this project.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: LiBra on November 25, 2015, 04:40:23 PM
Quote from: FOHWTBS on November 25, 2015, 04:07:22 PM
She has had a wonderful music career. Not many will ever see the success she had during her run. She's forever in Billboard's history with The Boy Is Mine. It gets no better than that. Countless awards and accolades. What more can 1 ask for ?

!!! besides the music climate has change and she still is holding it down in this fickle industry. Plus she still have her supporters and that's all that matters.

I am happy that Brandy has had left an amazing impression in pop culture.
The Boy Is Mine. Cinderella. Moesha -- Alone are iconic. Any one of those would cement her in history. And she has 3+
BRANDY

AIDS!

BORderline

Quote from: ___ on November 26, 2015, 08:27:02 AM
If they don't hire Rochelle, or Dawn as creative director of this next project. Just take a hungry new unknown creative gorl to revamp her.

WTFF

Dawn... really...
:uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

Marilyn

Rxxf

BRANDY

ZuZu

4everjay

Quote from: ___ on November 26, 2015, 08:27:02 AM

Dumb ass idea, luv.

Bentley!