Started by Aalumeci., October 17, 2019, 09:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

Quote from: Kalifornia on October 17, 2019, 11:27:14 AM
I'm honestly just hoping for the best.

I want the music, but I also want her to be ok

Young

Young

What I love about her is how spiritual she's become tho.
She's really become in tune with the greater purpose and how she fits into it.

But she be having me SCREAMING with her locations

Cncncncncncnc

Space Mountain!

Heaven!

We hear it tho Quee'

Ma Lo

Brandy is clearly in a transformative phase right now and learning to cope with loss and failure on a deeper level, professionally and spiritually. I just think she's in a very deep depression right now. It's all over her face and even her dress and personal style is suffering as a result. It's no joke. I personally would rather her take care of her mental health and get more grounded, even before she decides to release new music, because what good is she to us in this state, when we are expecting her to deliver her best, in all areas where we know she can. I can just feel her pain, and she has a tendency to live in the past.. Like a lot.. And compare herself to others. Failure after failure, death after death, loss after loss, breakup after breakup and all these setbacks have just taken a toll on her as it would anyone.  There is only so much a person can take. And she has a whole daughter to look after in the midst of this, which adds another layer of responsibility to her already full plate. It's just  too much pressure for anyone.. And she's in the public eye. I def agree with Ro that she is absolutely terrified of failure and flopping again. The delays with the music have been intentional on her part. It all makes sense.  My opinion.

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Ntwadumela on October 17, 2019, 12:20:37 PM
Brandy is clearly in a transformative phase right now and learning to cope with loss and failure on a deeper level, professionally and spiritually. I just think she's in a very deep depression right now. It's all over her face and even her dress and personal style is suffering as a result. It's no joke. I personally would rather her take care of her mental health and get more grounded, even before she decides to release new music, because what good is she to us in this state, when we are expecting her to deliver her best, in all areas where we know she can. I can just feel her pain, and she has a tendency to live in the past.. Like a lot.. And compare herself to others. Failure after failure, death after death, loss after loss, breakup after breakup and all these setbacks have just taken a toll on her as it would anyone.  There is only so much a person can take. And she has a whole daughter to look after in the midst of this, which adds another layer of responsibility to her already full plate. It's just  too much pressure for anyone.. And she's in the public eye. I def agree with Ro that she is absolutely terrified of failure and flopping again. The delays with the music have been intentional on her part. It all makes sense.  My opinion.

:loose2when:

Le Champ

this.
Just thinking back to when she did Instagram live when Freedom Rings dropped. You could just SEE she was off. Poor thing. I just want her to be well. Two Eleven Bran is sorely missed :stressed:

Bentley. HARRIS!

In Harlem's defense, I think my bruv was just saying everybody goes through things, and it's always tough for each person.

I have ppl in my family that operate like that. I don't think he meant anything bad by it. Just a different way of encouraging.

What ppl fail to realize, and what the medical/pharmaceutical/pseudo-science communities fail to promote, is the power of controlling your mental. Learning how to use your brain. They tell us you need drugs, or you're just so broken beyond repair that you have to create a new label for yourself to feel better about yourself. You ain't gotta do all that, sit STILL with yourself and gain your footing.

Your mind is the most powerful computer on this Earth, imagine it just running amuck with no control or input commands. You're basically fckd :dead:

so I just think Harlem was pointing out that it doesn't always have to be a "woe is me" situation every era ... like ... shit. Ok, what if we turned it into a "what can I do to help myself through this". How can I get to the point that I record what I want and release it no matter what anybody says. And be ok with not having ppl praise it up and down.

I remember we always used to comment on Brandy's unusually extreme humbleness in front of the cameras. That's because I don't think it was all the way genuine. Brandy lives for the vocal bible title and the adoration, because that's what she grew up with. After the flops, and the accident, she got a crash course on how fleeting praise and adoration is. And she couldn't take it, somebody mentioned it's happened to other child stars too.

So there are certain behaviors and actions and people that can make your mental health worse.

I can really do without an album, like ... just go sit down somewhere and join PTA at 'Rai's highschool for about two years, chair the homecoming committee. Stop putting all this on yourself to please ppl that clearly only give a damn because you recorded Full Moon.
:overit:

#Mu7

I think the album is actually coming this time

Le Champ

I wonder if this #CRGroup in her bio is for celebrate recovery 

Ma Lo

Quote from: Bentley. A Moderator. on October 17, 2019, 12:49:35 PM

I can really do without an album, like ... just go sit down somewhere and join PTA at 'Rai's highschool for about two years, chair the homecoming committee. Stop putting all this on yourself to please ppl that clearly only give a damn because you recorded Full Moon.
:overit:

Yeah..I wouldn't mind if she stayed off social media for a while too. Forget the new music for a minute. At her level of popularity, you have to look amazing in any and all content you post on social media. It's your brand. And her dressing up like a man and lighting blunts in pictures ain't a good look cuz that just isn't her at all.

Bruce

Celebrities have the money to go leave it all behind and go live a quiet life and find peace, but are always chasing the attention. Brandy is at a point in her life and career, that she can release music that makes her happy. Still tour all around the world, as she has a loyal fan base.

The reality is that Brandy has never failed. Monica hasn't failed, Mya hasn't failed nor Ashanti, they allow these critics and internet trolls to make them think they are failures. No, they are not Adele or Beyonce, but they are also not singing on the subway.

Le Champ

Young

Young