What producer just gets Brandy

Started by reekz, May 01, 2020, 09:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: pop on May 02, 2020, 06:51:38 AM
Sean Garret got it right tbh ,,, Rodney cool but he doesn't know how to put together a solid body of work. Brandy need could writers and not to over do the vocal production and not to be in creative control ...TC also does a great Job with brandy
Sean Garrett over Rodney??? Boy did you fall and crack your skull? Rodney has put together two different bodies of work that were solid beyond belief!!! Are you dumb?
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

GLOCK

Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 04:01:06 PM
Sean Garret got it right tbh ,,, Rodney cool but he doesn't know how to put together a solid body of work. Brandy need could writers and not to over do the vocal production and not to be in creative control ...TC also does a great Job with brandy
Sean Garrett over Rodney??? Boy did you fall and crack your skull? Rodney has put together two different bodies of work that were solid beyond belief!!! Are you dumb?
!!!!

Two fucking classic Albums  :plzstop:

Like these girls are fucking owt of it

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on May 03, 2020, 04:26:09 PM
Quote from: Fuck it! on May 03, 2020, 04:01:06 PM
!!!!

Two fucking classic Albums  :plzstop:

Like these girls are fucking owt of it
Literally out of it. Sean Garrett over Rodney.. Sean over Mike City?? Really?? 
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

ZuZu

Its the opposite. Its about which producer/writer BRANDY GETS. She has made magic with producer/writers she has only worked with once.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: ZuZu on May 03, 2020, 07:43:07 PM
Its the opposite. Its about which producer/writer BRANDY GETS. She has made magic with producer/writers she has only worked with once.

I hope she can pull that talent out of DJ Camper for this new album!!

Harlem

Quote from: indigenouslyBLACK™ on May 03, 2020, 08:39:04 PM
Timbo pulled somethin more raw and hard hittin' outta Ghan

!!!!!

Yes! That's the word I was looking for, he def brought something raw, real and different outta her... it's like he brought her emotions out and put her out of space at the same time... their music together was kinda theatrical...

Harlem

Quote from: indigenouslyBLACK™ on May 03, 2020, 09:42:34 PM
Quote from: Harlem on May 03, 2020, 09:40:04 PM

!!!!!

Yes! That's the word I was looking for, he def brought something raw, real and different outta her... it's like he brought her emotions out and put her out of space at the same time... their music together was kinda theatrical...
!!!

The music she did with Rodney was very well put together and amazing....

but that mess she did with Timbo was just the tea. Had a dark edge to it that I fucking loved.

Focus, Should I Go, I Tried..... bitch

Yes!!! These songs alone captures the essence described above>>>>>>

And then you throw in songs like Nodding Off, Sirens, Finally it's like WTF!!!

reekz

One of my favorite from Afro is Like It was yesterday. Mike City really works the best with her without allowing all the unnecessary backgrounds. Just get to her Brandy sing. 

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: indigenouslyBLACK™ on May 03, 2020, 09:42:34 PM
Quote from: Harlem on May 03, 2020, 09:40:04 PM

!!!!!

!!!

The music she did with Rodney was very well put together and amazing....

but that mess she did with Timbo was just the tea. Had a dark edge to it that I fucking loved.

Focus, Should I Go, I Tried..... bitch

Whew two of my favorite songs of all TIME.

Yeah, Tim knew what he was doing. That bridge on I Tried
:gorlonfire:

reekz

ZuZu

Timbaland, Kandice Nelson, Walter Millsapp, Kenisha... man that was another dimension. Warryn and his wife's INCREDIBLE work with Who I Am, to be able to write years of Brandy's life in one song so succinctly. Such a mellow hard hitting intro to the album. Just beautiful. Bran was in such a safe happy space until Kanye/Kyambo n dem turned up and ruined it.

Harlem

Quote from: indigenouslyBLACK™ on May 03, 2020, 10:12:50 PM
smddmsds

Focus is so damn sexy.

It's like if any Brandy song that deserved a visual was Focus!!! Everything about that song should be expressed visually, the beat, the vocals, backgrounds, mood... like I still think it would've slayed and pushed the envelope forward in 2004 along with I Tried and Should I Go