My AncestryDNA results are ins!

Started by Glenda, May 03, 2016, 03:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Young

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 04:03:37 PM
Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 04:03:06 PM
Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 03:58:38 PM
OR during the Ashanti kingdom reign (which encompassed modern day Ghana, most of Ivory Coast, Benin/Togo and Mali) maybe it was populated then people migrated further to the coast into modern day Ghana and Ivory Coast

What's Ghana's present-day relationship with Nigeria?
fuck those bitches

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Does EVERYONE hate Nigeria?

Glenda

AIDS!

Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 04:05:50 PM
OR during the Ashanti kingdom reign (which encompassed modern day Ghana, most of Ivory Coast, Benin/Togo and Mali) maybe it was populated then people migrated further to the coast into modern day Ghana and Ivory Coast

fuck those bitches

I love them but they give West Africans are bad name
Their music and movies SLAY, so do their fashions and their work ethic
They have a 'no matter what it takes' approach to get what they want and that mostly includes fraud and corruption :dead:
The rivalry stems from Ghanaians migrating to Nigeria and vice versa and the Nigerian Goverment rounding them all up and kicking them out of the country :uhh:
Also from football and simalarities in food, culture, language, fashions ect

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 04:10:53 PM
Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 04:05:50 PM

fuck those bitches

I love them but they give West Africans are bad name
Their music and movies SLAY, so do their fashions and their work ethic
They have a 'no matter what it takes' approach to get what they want and that mostly includes fraud and corruption :dead:
The rivalry stems from Ghanaians migrating to Nigeria and vice versa and the Nigerian Goverment rounding them all up and kicking them out of the country :uhh:
Also from football and simalarities in food, culture, language, fashions ect

sdfvvvvvv

I wonder if Togo/Benin is basically a conglomerate of the two since it stood in between the the two countries for a time?

AIDS!

Mali would be weird seeing how it's so far from the coast

Young

May 03, 2016, 04:27:49 PM #36 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:28:07 PM by Young
My man got his results today too omffff

Glenda

Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on May 03, 2016, 04:15:42 PM
Glen, do you know of any Carribean ancestors or family?

No I don't tbh... but again there is some unknown stuff that could be coming from my dad's side. My grandmother was the one who told me that my grandfather (my dad had a different dad than his siblings) had Native American blood and clearly that was not true so I can't take her word for anything.  :dead:

Glenda

Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on May 03, 2016, 04:25:31 PM
and omf

not u and GODman getting ur results the same day
sd
sd
s

ggggggg

Omffff I saw

Can't waits until the big reveal

Cartierline

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 04:23:47 PM
Mali would be weird seeing how it's so far from the coast

!!!! My mess kinda seems all OVER the place.  :uhh:

Glenda

Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on May 03, 2016, 04:21:02 PM
OK so I couldn't wait to double check but it does appear that many AA's return Benin/Togo as a top result. it's not as uncommon as an AA returning SE Bantu, Mali, etc. as a top result.

but still, it's not nearly as common as Ivory/Ghost, Nigeria, and Cameroon as top results.

Still something worth looking into a bit.

I've seen a lot of people on YouTube get Benin/Togo in their results, so I'm not surprised.

But yeah the mixture is... weird and intriguing.

Glenda

AIDS!

Glenda

May 03, 2016, 04:47:22 PM #44 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:48:16 PM by Glenda
Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on May 03, 2016, 04:37:24 PM
Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 04:29:36 PM
Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on May 03, 2016, 04:15:42 PM
Glen, do you know of any Carribean ancestors or family?

No I don't tbh... but again there is some unknown stuff that could be coming from my dad's side. My grandmother was the one who told me that my grandfather (my dad had a different dad than his siblings) had Native American blood and clearly that was not true so I can't take her word for anything.  :dead:
I wouldn't be too quick to call anyone a liar yet. A lot of North American Indian tribes are forbidden from offering their samples to these types of companies by tribe leaders. Yes DNA didn't confirm any Native tea but this is where you'd turn to research. Ask them questions, do they know the names of these Native relatives? Where did these Native relatives live?

Now if they can supply you this information, and allow you to research and confirm if these relatives had Native names and/or lived in Native settlement areas, great.
If they give you a "I dunno, we're part Native tho! LMAO! kno that much :justabit: :cheerup: " mess owt, then that's another story obviously.

Wait

Nigeria 1%
Africa South-Central Hunter-Gatherers < 1%
Mali < 1%

What does this mean?