My AncestryDNA results are ins!

Started by Glenda, May 03, 2016, 03:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenda

Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on May 03, 2016, 03:46:35 PM
Wait Benin/Togo as a top result?

That's uncommon for an AA Who takes this test. From what I remember :uhh: imma look more into it when I get home but fucking WAIT .

Omffffff

I can't wait to hear your opinion!! It's an interesting mix.

AIDS!

QuoteHistory of Benin and Togo
Togo and Benin lie between the larger West African countries of Ghana and Nigeria. Not much is known of the area?s early history, though many groups were well established before Portuguese traders arrived in the late 15th century. The countries? southern shores fell along the so-called ?Slave Coast,? one of the top sources of slaves to the New World. Much of modern-day Benin was once part of the powerful Kingdom of Dahomey (1600?1900). The French defeated Dahomey in a series of wars between 1890 and 1894. In 1960, both Benin and Togo declared independence--the two nations are now known as the Republic of Benin and the Togolese Republic.

Stewie

AIDS!

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 03:50:39 PM
Togo and Benin lie between the larger West African countries of Ghana and Nigeria. Not much is known of the area?s early history, though many groups were well established before Portuguese traders arrived in the late 15th century. The countries? southern shores fell along the so-called ?Slave Coast,? one of the top sources of slaves to the New World. Much of modern-day Benin was once part of the powerful Kingdom of Dahomey (1600?1900). The French defeated Dahomey in a series of wars between 1890 and 1894. In 1960, both Benin and Togo declared independence--the two nations are now known as the Republic of Benin and the Togolese Republic.

Hmmm... very interesting. I wonder why there isn't much known about the early history of the area? The fact that it falls along a "slave coast" could be where the 25% European comes from.

Ugh I'm so intrigued.  :ohwow: :ohwow:

Stewie

May 03, 2016, 03:54:29 PM #20 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 04:01:43 PM by Stewie
 :ohwow:

AIDS!

Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 03:54:11 PM

Hmmm... very interesting. I wonder why there isn't much known about the early history of the area? The fact that it falls along a "slave coast" could be where the 25% European comes from.

It was probably uninhabited around that time then groups migrated and populated that area

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 03:54:00 PM
Togo is also the home of Vodun

Oof! No wonder I can be so evil.

:jarvwhereru: :youready:

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 03:55:59 PM
Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 03:54:11 PM

It was probably uninhabited around that time then groups migrated and populated that area

That makes sense.

Oh btw

Ghana >>>>>>>>>

:ohwow: :ohwow: :howfestive:

AIDS!

OR during the Ashanti kingdom reign (which encompassed modern day Ghana, most of Ivory Coast, Benin/Togo and Mali) maybe it was populated then people migrated further to the coast into modern day Ghana and Ivory Coast

AIDS!

Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 03:56:19 PM

Its actually the opposite
:plzstop:
People think it's all pins in dolls and spells
It's quite spiritual and based on ancestral commections for blessings or
Curses

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 04:00:14 PM
Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 03:56:19 PM

Its actually the opposite
:plzstop:
People think it's all pins in dolls and spells
It's quite spiritual and based on ancestral commections for blessings or
Curses

Interesting. I definitely want to know more.

Omfff. I need to look into the Senegal and Cameroon tea. I wonder if that comes from my dad.

It's weird because I can pretty much pinpoint which DNA comes directly from my mom.  :plzstop: Let me go look back at her mess.

Glenda

Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 03:58:38 PM
OR during the Ashanti kingdom reign (which encompassed modern day Ghana, most of Ivory Coast, Benin/Togo and Mali) maybe it was populated then people migrated further to the coast into modern day Ghana and Ivory Coast

What's Ghana's present-day relationship with Nigeria?

AIDS!

Quote from: Glenda on May 03, 2016, 04:03:06 PM
Quote from: GOLD on May 03, 2016, 03:58:38 PM

What's Ghana's present-day relationship with Nigeria?
fuck those bitches