Time To Settle This: What Female Has The Greatest Voice Of All Time?

Started by D.I.E.G.O., July 29, 2016, 12:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BranLover

Jon

FRANCE

Whitney for sure.

Aretha is a close 2nd for me. She's incredibly skilled and a lot more skilled than many people really know.

Even tho Whitney is the best, her tone isn't the best and I actually prefer a Mariah (in her prime) vocal over a Whit. When it comes down to LIVE performances tho, Whit in her prime takes the cake. Love Anita's tone too. She should've been a lot bigger.

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: Francois Lite on July 30, 2016, 09:11:12 AM
Whitney for sure.

Aretha is a close 2nd for me. She's incredibly skilled and a lot more skilled than many people really know.

Even tho Whitney is the best, her tone isn't the best and I actually prefer a Mariah (in her prime) vocal over a Whit. When it comes down to LIVE performances tho, Whit in her prime takes the cake. Love Anita's tone too. She should've been a lot bigger.

You made some good points. Even though she's the queen of soul, Aretha is sometimes underrated/underappreciated as a singer. Her skill is out of this world. Her ear is incredible and her ability to arrange is damn near incomparable. But Nip's live performances in her prime were flawless.

Vonc2002

Kelly Price sings better than Mariah carey tho, i agree with that
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

STUNNA GOD

brocka4life

Whitney.

Whatever the greats could do well, she could do to a great degree. Her voice was rich and powerful. Yet her tone could be sweet when needed. She could run when needed and her vibrato was great. She had a great lower voice and great head voice. When she needed to growl and take it there, she could. Not to mention, she had great range.

All the things we look to the best singers for as far as their strengths, she could do all of those things pretty well. There will probably never be another voice like hers and that's why I don't really think any singer can do her songs justice the way she did....no one. They just don't possess all of the things her voice had.

Her albums may have left much to be desired, but in her prime, her voice was amazing.

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 30, 2016, 10:29:06 AM

You think so? Kelly can definitely blow, but Mariah's PRIME voice was one of the most dynamic the industry has ever seen IMO She literally could do ANYTHING with it.

FRANCE

Quote from: GoDiegoGo on July 30, 2016, 11:52:24 AM

You think so? Kelly can definitely blow, but Mariah's PRIME voice was one of the most dynamic the industry has ever seen IMO She literally could do ANYTHING with it.

!!! What makes MC better imo is that her voice was unique and different from everything else out there.  Her range, inflections, her approach to songs >>>>. Kelly can never give what MC gave on a lot of her songs. She just sounds like a fat, black soul singer that can really sing well.

Vonc2002

Quote from: GoDiegoGo on July 30, 2016, 11:52:24 AM

I just prefer kelly thats all. I remember seeing early mariah videos and she used her voice well. Im honestly just not a fan of mariah's voice like that. Its like how some people recognize celine can sing but they don't necessarily love the tone of her voice or whatever, that's how i feel about mariah. If its between mariah (AT ANY POINT in her career) or kelly price, id rather hear kelly price
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LOONA.

bynm36

Tina Turner
Shirley Bassie
Lorraine Ellison

Alot of the 60s girls just do it for me.  Oh, and let me not forget Minnie Ripperton.  She has a gorgeous voice as well.