American Music Awards (Official Thread )

Started by Young, November 19, 2017, 04:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

ssdddd her main issues besides the awful grunts and growls, were the many many flat moments, that?s all. It wasn?t a complete disaster but it certainly wasn?t good. I actually can?t even say decent

XXX.

Quote from: 1RIG on November 20, 2017, 10:22:18 AM
ssdddd her main issues besides the awful grunts and growls, were the many many flat moments, that?s all. It wasn?t a complete disaster but it certainly wasn?t good. I actually can?t even say decent

Keyword: By her standards and all things considered

Christina has been a pretty horrible vocalist for over a decade.  It could have been much worse.

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: 1RIG on November 20, 2017, 10:19:22 AM
Quote from: Happily Unhappy on November 20, 2017, 10:16:43 AM
Mel you tried it coming for Brandy.
n

He didn?t really, but he?s been doing that for years when it comes to Christina or Fantasia  :dead: he can?t take when they get dragged

I wonder if he ever brings up Brandy in that way on their little forums if they have one. Doubt it
I?m sure he does. If he does it on here I?m sure he does it elsewhere.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

XXX.

Oop!  Didn't know Beyonc? won last night!

Navy, no need to check.  Rih went home empty handed here as well!  I'm just the messenger. :justabit:

b7

Quote from: Happily Unhappy on November 20, 2017, 10:40:46 AM
Quote from: 1RIG on November 20, 2017, 10:19:22 AM
Quote from: Happily Unhappy on November 20, 2017, 10:16:43 AM
Mel you tried it coming for Brandy.
n

He didn?t really, but he?s been doing that for years when it comes to Christina or Fantasia  :dead: he can?t take when they get dragged

I wonder if he ever brings up Brandy in that way on their little forums if they have one. Doubt it
I?m sure he does. If he does it on here I?m sure he does it elsewhere.
nah i meant i doubt he puts them down in favor of Brandy lol

b7

Quote from: XXX. on November 20, 2017, 10:56:18 AM

Navy, no need to check.  Rih went home empty handed here as well!  I'm just the messenger. :justabit:
tears

Did they think she was comin? And i would?ve liked SZA to get this
:stressed:

Was she at least nominated

GRAND

wth

brocka4life

Quote from: XXX. on November 20, 2017, 10:23:25 AM

Christina has been a pretty horrible vocalist for over a decade.  It could have been much worse.

But when you are tributimg someone, it's not about your standards, it's about the standards of the person you're honoring.

If Cassie was out here tribuitong Beyonc?, we wouldn't say "it was good for Cassie's standards"

When Fantasia tributes Aretha or somebody or Patti tributes somebody, they do their best to give that person's vibe/essence a much is possible. Christina just didn't do a good job and the "woo's" and stuff here and there didn't help.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

XXX.

Quote from: brocka4life on November 20, 2017, 11:10:27 AM

But when you are tributimg someone, it's not about your standards, it's about the standards of the person you're honoring.

If Cassie was out here tribuitong Beyonc?, we wouldn't say "it was good for Cassie's standards"

When Fantasia tributes Aretha or somebody or Patti tributes somebody, they do their best to give that person's vibe/essence a much is possible. Christina just didn't do a good job and the "woo's" and stuff here and there didn't help.

This is null and void, because my point is Christina shouldn't have been picked anyway.

So, the fact that she was when already proving she's a horrible vocalist for the last 10+ years, then she delivered what was expected.

Vonc2002

Then it wasn't good :dead:
This is a tribute and u either sound good or u don't. We should be enjoying the tribute and remembering whit. Not measuring how terrible u sound now vs how terrible u sounded then.  And honestly,  the performance was terrible imo. So I'm not even going for that "her standards" thing.  This was equally as bad as Things she's done in the past and it just wasn't good
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

XXX.

Quote from: 1RIG on November 20, 2017, 10:59:32 AM

tears

Did they think she was comin? And i would?ve liked SZA to get this
:stressed:

Was she at least nominated

YEAH.

SZA deserved it.  And no, she wasn't nominated.  AMAs needs to tweak their eligibility rules, though.  It's based on social media interactions, sales, airplay, etc.

And SZA couldn't compete with Rihanna and Bey in the tracking year, unfortunately.

Vonc2002

Quote from: brocka4life on November 20, 2017, 11:10:27 AM

Didn't even see this but this is EXACTLY what I just said. SPOT ON!