Christina pays tribute to the Black voices that inspired her

Started by Mel., June 12, 2020, 12:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

xtina

As an artist, I've been inspired by so many of the greats that came before me. Aretha Franklin, Etta James, Ella Fitzgerald, Otis Redding, Stevie Wonder, Billie Holiday, the list goes on. The list is in these lyrics, #BackInTheDay. I discovered these artists as a child when my grandmother and mother used to take me into the city of Pittsburgh where we'd spend hours sifting through old vinyl records - this is where my love and appreciation for music truly began.
It was an education and an inspiration that I would continue exploring - and eventually translate into an album of dedication I made with @djpremier, called #BackToBasics, paying homage & utmost respect to some of the greatest musicians and artists of all time. The voices that paved the way for mine. It's so important I amplify these voices - these strong Black men and women artists are my forever inspiration. 🖤 #AmplifyBlackVoices

GLOCK

As long as she knows who her #1 is
stan for your QUEEN.

Ndjjdjdjdjd
sing about ur queen this SCREAM

BAPHOMET.

I hear zero of the influences. She has zero finesse about her singing. Tears @ her not listing Mariah. 

fat ho