Trailer for controversial Whitney Doc "Can I Be Me"

Started by Vonc2002, May 24, 2017, 07:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

QuoteDespite ongoing opposition from the megastar?s estate, the overwhelmingly positive critical response to the controversial documentary about the life of pop icon Whitney Houston, titled ?WHITNEY:  Can I Be Me,? will move forward with viewings in select theaters starting this summer.

Directed by Nick Broomfield, the documentary is chockfull of never-before-seen footage, exclusive live recordings, and interviews from some of the singer?s inner camp including hairdressers, bodyguards, backup singers, assistants, and many more.

Quote?Her meteoric rise and tragic fall raises a lot of questions about what kind of sacrifices she made to to be a crossover singer who was at some points rejected by her own people,? said Broomfield. ?She was booed at the Soul Train awards. This all took place at a time when America was even more polarized than it is today.?

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

CHOKE

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

BAPHOMET.

I wonder are they going to delve into her being a lesbo

BigDawg

Vonc2002

Looked like they were talkn about that too. Will cece make an appearance

BrandyFromTheFuture

They are basically presenting the Whitney's real love was robin thing as a fact in this movie and there seems to be a lot of tabloid mess in it...but I'm excited to watch it for the unseen My love is your love tour footage!

ssw4919

Watching footage of Whitney in her prime always makes me want to cry.

Vonc2002

lovechild

Damn I know bran is gonna be a mess if she watches

RAY7

I dont like the fact that this is presenting something Whitney wouldn't have liked
and making this lesbo thing way bigger than it should be

Harlem

OMF this shit def bout to be EPIC! I hope they do one on Michael Jackson too cuz I love documentaries over ppl actually playing these stars