giving ppl space to be themselves...even if they're not "positive!" or "bubbly!"

Started by andre 3000, May 01, 2024, 06:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andre 3000

so big round of applause for gorls like myself who:

- see the best in people
- see the glass half full
- find the "bright side" to everything.
- get up in the morning and start dancin! and singin!

we kinda rock n stuff. :blush: im not taking anything away from us.

BUT  :butwait!:

not everyone's like that.
some people:

- see a shitty situation as....a shitty situation. and don't go HUNTIN' for the "bright side" of it.
- get up in the morning with a straight face . and won't even slightly smirk til they have coffee down their throat.
- don't believe its worth tryna find goodness in apparently bad people.

and that's OK. i'd say this is actually a good thing!

many times, the latter group of people are demonized and shamed for not being "happy" enough.

but we need BALANCE in this world. and in our lives.
remember, opposites attract! neither way is "wrong".
if anything, let's borrow from one another. be the ying to one another's yang.

as long as we're not being OVERBEARING with our teas. cuz yes, there is such a thing as being too/annoyingly "woo hoo! bubbly!" and such a thing as being too "fuck this shit".

that's all mama fro got for ya'll today.

ophababes.

so basically we you see why people cant stand amanda seales.

understanding self.

NEW MOON

I don't mind a positive and bubbly person if they are authentic and it doesn't reek of being performative, or them expecting everyone else to match their energy.

It's also rare to come across people who are a bit more melancholic who haven't been pushed to conform or mask themselves to meet the expectations of "bubbly" people.

Princess Di' being a prime example. Just genuine, sincere and uplifting.  :nogrammynoneck:

And I agree Balance is need

But also people should be allowed to show up as their authentic selves. And also, have the courage to show up in the world as that despite what society says is neurotypical.

andre 3000

Quote from: NEW MOON on May 01, 2024, 06:43:09 PMI don't mind a positive and bubbly person if they are authentic and it doesn't reek of being performative, or them expecting everyone else to match their energy.

It's also rare to come across people who are a bit more melancholic who haven't been pushed to conform or mask themselves to meet the expectations of "bubbly" people.

Princess Di' being a prime example. Just genuine, sincere and uplifting.  :nogrammynoneck:

And I agree Balance is need

But also people should be allowed to show up as their authentic selves. And also, have the courage to show up in the world as that despite what society says is neurotypical.
this.

NEW MOON

Queen transcended those musty royals  :stressed: