Nicki Minaj - Interview + Performance on Ellen this Wednesday

Started by Zabi., April 09, 2018, 06:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

This isn't going to be some monster hit and it's time to accept that.

Zabi.

Updates

- Chun-Li has now entered the Top 20 on Urban radio and Rhythmic radio
- Chun-Li video directed by Steven Klein (directed Gaga's 'Alejandro' and Kanye's 'Wolves')
- Barbie Tingz video coming out on Friday
- Tour starts in the fall, album out in the summer

Opposites Attract.

Nicki stated this era wrong. She's too big of an artist to not have a carefully planned era. Like do Beyonc? not inspire these girls? I just don't understand.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Zabi.

Quote from: M?n?jonc?. on May 01, 2018, 09:36:08 AM
Nicki stated this era wrong. She's too big of an artist to not have a carefully planned era. Like do Beyonc? not inspire these girls? I just don't understand.

Yeah it is disgusting but in her defense, they filmed the Barbie Tingz video thinking that would be the hit. She recorded Chun-Li a week before it's release and there's no way she could a write, record a song and then shoot a video for it and have it ready to be released all under a week.

She just needs a better ear for hits. And some damn promo wtf.  :uhh:

The songs aren't even on any streaming playlists. I'm disappointed in Republic, especially considering they have artists such as Drake and Ariana who always get great promo and great exposure on streaming playlists.

Divination

Not really love, Dangerous Woman (the album) had shitty promo
[instagram]
[/instagram]

Zabi.

Quote from: Divination on May 01, 2018, 12:30:04 PM
Not really love, Dangerous Woman (the album) had shitty promo

No babe, I was talking about her new single 'No Tears Left To Cry'.

In it's first week, it got a radio deal, exposure on streaming playlists, a music video, iTunes discount, and she performed it at Coachella. And she's performing on Fallon this week.

I wish Nicki got this promo. They only gave her a 2-day radio deal wtf I'm so mad

Divination

:ohwow: :ohwow: :ohwow:

Book then, Ari.
Glad she's back with Scooter cause when she tried having her mother manage her for the DW era.
It was just

:udontlookok:
[instagram]
[/instagram]

fresh

Quote from: Zabi. on May 01, 2018, 09:30:36 AM
Updates

- Chun-Li has now entered the Top 20 on Urban radio and Rhythmic radio
- Chun-Li video directed by Steven Klein (directed Gaga's 'Alejandro' and Kanye's 'Wolves')
- Barbie Tingz video coming out on Friday
- Tour starts in the fall, album out in the summer

:blessed:

fresh

I know one thing, if she goes on SNL with no album out I?m gonna be annoyed.  :uhh:

BAPHOMET.

what is the point in spending coin on a Barbie Tingz vidya. The song is ter' and not going anywhere.

fresh

She should have never came back from hiatus if she was prepared.

That count down mess was epic. Only to lead up to nothing.

Zabi.

Quote from: fresh on May 01, 2018, 01:32:18 PM
I know one thing, if she goes on SNL with no album out I?m gonna be annoyed.  :uhh:

Babe we're unfortunately not getting the album before SNL.

I don't see her releasing the album in May and then waiting until September/October to start the tour.

It's probably coming out in June/July.