Cowgirl

Quote from: ANIMMAI on June 27, 2017, 12:06:47 PM
Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on June 27, 2017, 11:27:56 AM
IMO it's not the fact of colorism "shouldn't" matter

It's the fact that it DID :dead:
And that's what a biopic is, an entertaining historical account

They didn't seek a fat latina to play Selena
And they didn't seek Leslie Jones for Dorothy Dandridge

If you're interested in the subject of a biopic, their look can play a role in how their life went

We were lucky enough to get into the Smithsonian AA Culture & History museum while in DC and looking all the way back, to Booker and W.E.B., Benjamin Banneker, blacks need to look up pictures of all these names they hear about, you'll see a lot of hazel eyes and different hair textures :dead:

Harriet and Sijourner did a lot but a certain skin tone could get into places they couldn't without an epic fight ... a certain "look" got you farther

We don't like to admit colorism sometimes played a huge role in our advancement because of filthy white Neanderthals and their predatory thinking. Because while massa's interacial children were still black, they were more accepted and while the goal was the same, it was two totally different paths. They could get educated easier.

Am mean ... 'Bama is light skin. I wouldn't say it played a HUGE role, but if there's ever a biopic I don't want someone with Wesley Snipes tone playing bruv

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

LOONA.

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: Same Ol' G on June 27, 2017, 07:22:57 AM

Jussie Smollett is in the movie.  I don't think people realize how talented an actor Jussie is.  Maybe he should've been playing Thurgood Marshall.

The Brandy Barbie

The preview looks good though, I must say.  It makes me want to see the movie.

The Brandy Barbie

I heard there was a big controversy surrounding J-Lo for playing Selena. The Latin community didn't like that J-Lo, who is Puerto Rican, was playing a Mexican.  They felt like she didn't look Mexican.  J-Lo ended up doing so well in the role that she won everyone over.

I think this kind of casting controversy thing happens with each ethnic group.  If the movie and actor is good enough, people will overlook it.

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on June 28, 2017, 10:20:45 AM

I heard there was a big controversy surrounding J-Lo for playing Selena. The Latin community didn't like that J-Lo, who is Puerto Rican, was playing a Mexican.  They felt like she didn't look Mexican.  J-Lo ended up doing so well in the role that she won everyone over.

I think this kind of casting controversy thing happens with each ethnic group.  If the movie and actor is good enough, people will overlook it.
J-Lo's not Mexican??????!!!!!!!!!

H.#.G.*.Z

GLOCK

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on June 28, 2017, 09:41:56 AM
Quote from: Same Ol' G on June 27, 2017, 07:22:57 AM

Jussie Smollett is in the movie.  I don't think people realize how talented an actor Jussie is.  Maybe he should've been playing Thurgood Marshall.
that would've been a book

GLOCK

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on June 28, 2017, 07:15:33 PM

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd

GLOCK

But wait
I just watched the trailer
It's not really a biopic tbh it's a timeline piece
Thai is gonna be good

Cowgirl

Quote from: Same Ol' G on June 28, 2017, 07:17:03 PM
Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on June 28, 2017, 07:15:33 PM

ddddddddddddddddddddddddd
jfjfgjjffjffffgfffffffffggggg