Sevyn Streeter New Single Yernin' Drops This Friday

Started by Lazarus, September 20, 2018, 01:33:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

September 20, 2018, 10:55:55 AM #15 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:56:56 AM by Gilgamesh.
She was really carving a niche but I think the constant pushbacks effected her confidence. She's also shared her insecurities about being a chocolate girl in a overtly colorist industry, not saying that excuses her for releasing shitty music, but I think she's really trying to conform to what mainstream radio wants.

In theory, this song works for what's hot now but we all know Sev can do waaaay better.

:flamebroiled:

Young

September 20, 2018, 10:57:30 AM #16 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 10:57:58 AM by Young
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on September 20, 2018, 10:55:55 AM
She was really carving a niche but I think the constant pushbacks effected her confidence. She's also shared her insecurities about being a chocolate girl in a overtly colorist industry, not saying that excuses her for releasing shitty music, but I think she's really trying to conform to what mainstream radio wants.

In theory, this song works for what's hot now but we all know Sev can do waaaay better.

All this

Gilgamesh.

Sevyn, Tinashe, Jhene were supposed to be the new queens. :stressed:

Zankou.

September 20, 2018, 11:00:52 AM #18 Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 11:27:11 AM by Zanny
they're all flawps

Young

Gilgamesh.

If she's gonna release this garbage she should probably stick to writing.

Opposites Attract.

That's the album cover she chose? :uhh: she could have kept it.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Scott.

FRANCE