Honesty Hour: Why do you think Nicki has never gotten a #1 or a GRAMMY?

Started by XXX., September 18, 2017, 06:29:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fedswatchin

And I'm patiently waiting for you to explain to me how impact in music can be documented lol

MAY

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on September 18, 2017, 06:36:43 PM
i think she's waiting for 2018. Its going to mark the 10 year anniversary of her entrance into the industry.

Its been a build up of sorts.

n

Onika

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:29:23 PM
Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 18, 2017, 07:23:37 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:17:53 PM
Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 18, 2017, 07:12:53 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:01:15 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 06:56:48 PM
I don't think it matters

Like you said, she's bigger than all of her female rapping counterparts without either of them

But I feel like it's dwindling down.  I think you confuse celebrity with actual impact in music.  And we can agree Nicki hasn't really had that in awhile. 

She's a superstar, but if the next album fails to produce any hits, then what?

I honestly think she's in a weird place right now.

Hits right now don't really matter. She's already had plenty in the past. What Nicki REALLY needs to focus on is giving us a RAP album that is of great quality.

This is why this next album is gonna be make or break for Nicki. The black community wants to see if Nicki can officially solidify her status as one of the greats and deliver us a great rap album. It's crazy to think Nicki has been relevant for all these years yet hasn't really given us a rap masterpiece, while Kim & Lauryn did it on their first try.

I disagree with the first part, but I do agree with the last part.

I think for someone like Beyonce hits don't matter.  She's pushed past the confinement of how small the Hot 100 can make your creative process and has solely focused on creating "impactful" eras and touring. 

I don't think Nicki has the FLEX to really do that.  For one, she oversaturated the market all year.  She does not allow any of her music to breathe or be digested, because there's 10 songs competing with each other at once.  On top of that, she just lost a hugely publicized rap battle after bragging for 10 years how she was the Queen and all bitches are her sons.

She made it a competition by shit talking and challenging every other rap bitch.  You can't say "hits don't matter" when she made an IG post after the Remy diss saying how important hits are, and then proceeding to brag about Hot 100 stats.  Because of that, she now has to show and prove on the charts.

I do agree with you about creating a classic album.  But one thing's for sure.   If she's writing it alone, it ain't gonna happen.

At this point, you're trolling but I'll answer your post.

For starters, Nicki doesn't need hits to succeed. The only hit off The Pinkprint was Anaconda and that had no longevity. Only & Truffle Butter were moderate hits.

She had no hits going into the album yet The Pinkprint still did 600M on Spotify in the US & over 1B on Spotify in the world. The Pinkprint is certified 2x Platinum which is along the likes of Drake, Kendrick, etc.

This just proves that if the music is good, people will buy and stream her music. Hits really don't mean anything nowadays. Look at all these pop acts like Shawn Mendes & Selena Gomez effortlessly snatching #1 hits on Pop radio yet none of their album have seen a 2x Platinum cert.

Nigga, ain't nothing I said to you was a "troll".

I hit you with facts.  You are talking to me about some shit in 2014.  I am talking about right now in 2017 when everything she's throwing out is flopping.  Ya'll so quick to bring up white artists scoring Pop hits.  What does that have to do with anything?  I am talking about Nicki as a female rapper that brags about Hot 100 entries and chart stats, but can't score a #1 or even a solo top 10 these days.

Stay on topic.

What the FUCK??

Nicki is the 5th most followed female artist on Spotify (behind Rih, Bey, Ari, Adele) with 6.8M followers and is averaging around 10M monthly listeners during her OFF season.

The Pinkprint has over 1.1 BILLION streams on Spotify with no hits.

Literally how is this girl not successful?? :dead: WHICH female rapper is doing these numbers??
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

XXX.

Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:25:25 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:21:32 PM
Define success for a female rapper if it's not hit records and accolades?
But Nicki has both of these things. She's plaqued up and has received a plethora of awards

You stuck in a time machine, sis.

Love you dearly, but that's like saying because Ciara saw a #1 single in 2004, she's still successful in music. 

n
She is successful in music :dead: weren't you just saying because Brandy has seen a #1 and a Grammy she was a bad example for this? :dead:

If you wanna troll, just admit it hun

I think you're getting lost in translation.  Just because you have achieved a #1 record, doesn't mean you are successful currently.  Vanilla Ice has one.  Let's not be ridiculous, love.

The point is Nicki is CURRENTLY the "Queen Of Rap" according to you....  And challenges bitches to hit records.  But can't get them on her own?  Y'all sat and shaded Cardi for the last 3 months, and now that "Bodak" is about to PLANK on your ass next week, hits don't mater?

I asked you WHAT defines success for a female rapper in 2017 if it's not hits or accolades?

And you STILL ain't answered!

fedswatchin

Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 18, 2017, 07:36:10 PM
I don't think it matters

Like you said, she's bigger than all of her female rapping counterparts without either of them

But I feel like it's dwindling down.  I think you confuse celebrity with actual impact in music.  And we can agree Nicki hasn't really had that in awhile. 

Hits right now don't really matter. She's already had plenty in the past. What Nicki REALLY needs to focus on is giving us a RAP album that is of great quality.

This is why this next album is gonna be make or break for Nicki. The black community wants to see if Nicki can officially solidify her status as one of the greats and deliver us a great rap album. It's crazy to think Nicki has been relevant for all these years yet hasn't really given us a rap masterpiece, while Kim & Lauryn did it on their first try.

I think for someone like Beyonce hits don't matter.  She's pushed past the confinement of how small the Hot 100 can make your creative process and has solely focused on creating "impactful" eras and touring. 

I don't think Nicki has the FLEX to really do that.  For one, she oversaturated the market all year.  She does not allow any of her music to breathe or be digested, because there's 10 songs competing with each other at once.  On top of that, she just lost a hugely publicized rap battle after bragging for 10 years how she was the Queen and all bitches are her sons.

She made it a competition by shit talking and challenging every other rap bitch.  You can't say "hits don't matter" when she made an IG post after the Remy diss saying how important hits are, and then proceeding to brag about Hot 100 stats.  Because of that, she now has to show and prove on the charts.

I do agree with you about creating a classic album.  But one thing's for sure.   If she's writing it alone, it ain't gonna happen.

For starters, Nicki doesn't need hits to succeed. The only hit off The Pinkprint was Anaconda and that had no longevity. Only & Truffle Butter were moderate hits.

She had no hits going into the album yet The Pinkprint still did 600M on Spotify in the US & over 1B on Spotify in the world. The Pinkprint is certified 2x Platinum which is along the likes of Drake, Kendrick, etc.

This just proves that if the music is good, people will buy and stream her music. Hits really don't mean anything nowadays. Look at all these pop acts like Shawn Mendes & Selena Gomez effortlessly snatching #1 hits on Pop radio yet none of their album have seen a 2x Platinum cert.

I hit you with facts.  You are talking to me about some shit in 2014.  I am talking about right now in 2017 when everything she's throwing out is flopping.  Ya'll so quick to bring up white artists scoring Pop hits.  What does that have to do with anything?  I am talking about Nicki as a female rapper that brags about Hot 100 entries and chart stats, but can't score a #1 or even a solo top 10 these days.

Stay on topic.

What the FUCK??

Nicki is the 5th most followed female artist on Spotify (behind Rih, Bey, Ari, Adele) with 6.8M followers and is averaging around 10M monthly listeners during her OFF season.

Literally how is this girl not successful?? :dead: WHICH female rapper is doing these numbers??
He's trolling you. He wants mess :dead:

XXX.

Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 18, 2017, 07:36:10 PM
I don't think it matters

Stay on topic.

What the FUCK??

So, are you saying Spotify streams is what makes Nicki successful?

Because when she challenged Remy to make a hit, she hash tagged 3 FLOPS.....

So, please help me to understand?

Onika

Some of you guys are RETARDED. The Pinkprint is at 2.5M SPS in the US and it's at 4M SPS WW. That's more successful than any other rap girl that's in the game.

Nicki has already achieved more than any other female rapper with a #1 or a Grammy. Lauryn won 5 Grammys in 1 night yet where is she? Kim had a 5-week #1 hit with Lady Marmalade yet where is she. Nicki is nearing almost 10 years in the game and her viability increases with each passing year.

Y'all need to just admit you hate the girl and move on. Out here saying "Flop! Talentless" when she's outdoing all your faves :kii:

XXX.

Trolling!

You can go back & forth on that alternate account all day, love.

Answer the question!
:kii:

XXX.

Quote from: OnikaChrist on September 18, 2017, 07:40:02 PM
Some of you guys are RETARDED. The Pinkprint is at 2.5M SPS in the US and it's at 4M SPS WW. That's more successful than any other rap girl that's in the game.

Nicki has already achieved more than any other female rapper with a #1 or a Grammy. Lauryn won 5 Grammys in 1 night yet where is she? Kim had a 5-week #1 hit with Lady Marmalade yet where is she. Nicki is nearing almost 10 years in the game and her viability increases with each passing year.

Y'all need to just admit you hate the girl and move on. Out here saying "Flop! Talentless" when she's outdoing all your faves :kii:

The PinkPrint!

Can we talk about 2017?  I don't wanna talk about the Obama administration anymore in this thread.

Why did all the features flop this year?

GO!

fedswatchin

Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:37:15 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:25:25 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 18, 2017, 07:22:54 PM
But Nicki has both of these things. She's plaqued up and has received a plethora of awards

You stuck in a time machine, sis.

Love you dearly, but that's like saying because Ciara saw a #1 single in 2004, she's still successful in music. 

n
She is successful in music :dead: weren't you just saying because Brandy has seen a #1 and a Grammy she was a bad example for this? :dead:

If you wanna troll, just admit it hun

I think you're getting lost in translation.  Just because you have achieved a #1 record, doesn't mean you are successful currently.  Vanilla Ice has one.  Let's not be ridiculous, love.
you never said anything about currently :dead:
Quote from: XXX. on September 18, 2017, 07:37:15 PMThe point is Nicki is CURRENTLY the "Queen Of Rap" according to you....  And challenges bitches to hit records.  But can't get them on her own?  Y'all sat and shaded Cardi for the last 3 months, and now that "Bodak" is about to PLANK on your ass next week, hits don't mater?

I asked you WHAT defines success for a female rapper in 2017 if it's not hits or accolades?
first of all, a lot of people call her the Queen of Rap, like Google

Secondly, I never said hits don't matter, you're a little lost yourself. In this very thread I qualified your statement that hits and accolades do matter and do determine whether an artist is successful or not. I just said having a #1 or a Grammy will fall on deaf ears to the general public, and you can still be a huge success as a music artist without both, like Nicki is

Third of all, you never said anything about 2017. This is what you said
not you tryna switch it up, stand in your mess lol

Onika

To be the "Queen of Rap" or whatever, you need to have success, sales, longevity and impact. Cardi has shown literally no signs of being a viable artist that will sustain longevity. Bodak is a success however she'll most likely never see this type of success again. Enjoy Cardi's current success while it lasts. :kii:

--

XXX tried so hard to troll yet got his ass handed to him with receipts. :kii:

One more thing before I leave, No Frauds flopped to the moon and back yet is eligible for Gold. None of these R&B are getting another Gold cert in their careers :kii.

P.S. Wait for Nicki's album mess to be released before branding her a flop. 2017! Knowing damn well she hasn't released an album yet. :kii:

Goodbye faggots.

XXX.

Save the powerpoint and the type-o's, TaL!

Let me know when you can answer my question!

If hits and accolades don't matter, what defines a successful female rapper in 2017?

Thanks, love!

Until then, I'll be sitting here at this red light.

fedswatchin

Onika, Cody just wanted to argue lol. You see how he all over the place but avoiding the area where logic resides

Lol you don't need to mess with him

MAY

I don't think it matters

!!!
I agree with every word.

Nicki knows this too, which is why she's delaying that 4th single and album .
Her formula of running to Drake & Wayne for a hit ain't working anymore.