OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtwoeleven

Quote from: Puakenikeni. on August 01, 2020, 02:13:45 PM
when i listen to a couple of the songs i feel like i have to CATCH UP to what GHan is throwing down

especially Saving All My Love.

!!!

Le Champ

y'all I just start GRINNING when her voice comes in on No Tomorrow.
she is SCALPING me...I still need to watch Beyfasa but Bran has not let me come up for AIR

Monika

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 31, 2020, 07:27:49 PM
Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 31, 2020, 07:25:13 PM
Now these are my sentiments as well.

https://twitter.com/bsladenow/status/1289277237699547138
I agree.  I know this is why some people I have in mind won't like it.  Like, this is why monika isn't crazy about any songs imo. She wants that standard "Brandy sound" that's not how musicians should be.  Go listen to Monica or Chris Brown if u don't want musically growth.  I really like the album
hmmmm, you have me all wrong in how I see Brandy as an artist. I love experimental Brandy, and I have always said that. That's what I love about Brandy is that she is album to take R&B to another level. I love all kinds of music, and I love Brandy as an vocalist. Thats why I like for her to be experimental. She shits!

Now, this album is mixed. To me, it has R&B, Pop, Rock and so forth, and I love that now. I was thrown off because the singles are R&B but the other songs are Popish. I was expecting a Brandyish R&B album, but I now appreciate the art Brandy put forth.  She fuckin' slayed!

Lucid Dreams is just!  :'( :'( :'(
Yahudah

Monika

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 07:44:22 PM
Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 31, 2020, 07:25:13 PM
Now these are my sentiments as well.

https://twitter.com/bsladenow/status/1289277237699547138
!!!
I just don't get it. If I wanna hear a nostalgic mess, I'll listen to her old albums :dead:
I wanna hear what you give NOW.  :plea:
No shade but Bey has put out some bullshit IMO and people went up for it bdndndn
The only thing I can think is that BeyoncĂ© has evolved without many breaks, so her "progression" and her explorations as an artist may seem a bit more seamless. Bran has taken long breaks, and her "prime" was so iconic. It's weird for people to digest when she comes back as a new fckn CREATURE  :plzstop:
I LOVE it though. She's like a new artist each album. I never know what to expect.
this bitch is amazing! SAML is amazing! She sounds so beautiful!  :plzstop: :plzstop:
Yahudah

jtwoeleven

I think the unconventional song structure is what's throwing some people off. I have to remind myself of that when I'm talking about this album with folks who haven't followed her as long as I have. As far as recreating old albums, it's something Marsha Ambrosius once said that made it all make sense. Some people want Brandy to recreate old albums, but the person she was then compared to who she is now aren't the same people.

Monika

August 01, 2020, 04:06:45 PM #2135 Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 07:22:19 PM by Monika
I change my mind, Brandy fuckin' did that!

Unconditional Oceans!  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

I absolutely love this song! The lyrics, and beat, the way she's singing it! Bravo, Brandy!

I went back to listen and this album is really good!
Yahudah

BrandyFromTheFuture

i went a spontaneous family visit only to realize i won't be able to listen to b7 in peace once it's released. so i only got home some hours ago and got to hear it just NOW! how fucking crazy is that, but i really didnt want anything between me and my BRANDY moment. i'm still confused and happy and amazed. i need to re-listen but she's on some next level shit for sure. the borderline video just lashed me aswell :'( this legendary queen

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on August 01, 2020, 04:09:39 PM
i went a spontaneous family visit only to realize i won't be able to listen to b7 in peace once it's released. so i only got home some hours ago and got to hear it just NOW! how fucking crazy is that, but i really didnt want anything between me and my BRANDY moment. i'm still confused and happy and amazed. i need to re-listen but she's on some next level shit for sure. the borderline video just lashed me aswell :'( this legendary queen
Yesss baby bask in the glowwwrayyyy. Give it a good 5 listens then let the ears rest and replay tomorrow. Its giving albummmmm
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Gilgamesh.

I'm gonna give the album another chance tomorrow, maybe with some edibles

jtwoeleven

Not to get caught up in sales or anything, but I went to my local target, and there were no copies of B7 in her section. Hopefully that's a good sign crossed 🤞🏾

Le Champ

Quote from: jtwoeleven on August 01, 2020, 04:37:05 PM
Not to get caught up in sales or anything, but I went to my local target, and there were no copies of B7 in her section. Hopefully that's a good sign crossed 🤞🏾

A bunch of people have been saying this. Wait Bran

CREAM.

I was gonna ask I dunno if that's good or bad 

her cds barely being on the shelf 

Le Champ

Quote from: CREAM. on August 01, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Hopefully it's good
It could be high demand, low shipments, or niggas not putting out the mess on the shelves like they're supposed to  :usuresis:

CREAM.

Quote from: Lee on August 01, 2020, 05:05:27 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on August 01, 2020, 05:02:05 PM

Hopefully it's good
It could be high demand, low shipments, or niggas not putting out the mess on the shelves like they're supposed to  :usuresis:
yeah it could be either or

Lack of shipment or the gorls showing out

I literally only saw two of her cds on the shelf when I went to the second location. Got both tho.