OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CREAM.

Quote from: Ntwadumela on August 01, 2020, 11:56:20 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on August 01, 2020, 11:53:43 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on August 01, 2020, 11:40:25 PM
The good news is that although a lot of us don't really like the album that much the critics seem to be taking to it. I was blown away by the Rollingstones article. Unbelievable. Rolling Stones?! Cmon
I love the album minus two songs

So happy you like it.
:guys:

whatever

This just moved up to my fav album of 2020  :loose2when:

This damn emotional rollercoaster ass album  :stressed:

Le Champ

Quote from: The Mu Edition on August 02, 2020, 12:00:12 AM
Quote from: Lee on August 01, 2020, 11:56:11 PM
I definitely don't want to judge anyone's taste, but it's very weird hearing Brandy stans not respond well to b7 because to me, it encompasses everything that I stan about her :dead: like I listen to it and I'm like "THIS is Brandy." It's a mix of her BEST work, released and unreleased, plus this commitment to move the needle. I'm just amazed.
Then I see people who don't use but go up for Two Eleven and it's like...it appears you were a fan of a bunch of demos more than Brandy herself. There were very few moments on that album that felt authentic or true to Brandy.
I'm glad she got that out her system and people can go back to that if they feel they must, but I'm so looking forward to this girl who has completely found her artistic freedom.

This album feels the most "Brandy" to me since Full Moon . I said this a while back. I'm not going to convince anybody that this album is GOOD. Cause it really just speaks for itself

It's Afro for me but !!!
The album really does speak for itself. I see why Queen was having such a hard time describing it  :plzstop:
You either get it or you don't

Ma Lo

I definitely don't want to judge anyone's taste, but it's very weird hearing Brandy stans not respond well to b7 because to me, it encompasses everything that I stan about her

Very very true I had to take a step back myself and say .. wait

whatever

I understand why people drag it...it's not an easy digestible album...

ReVon

it encompasses everything that I stan about her :dead: like I listen to it and I'm like "THIS is Brandy." It's a mix of her BEST work, released and unreleased, plus this commitment to move the needle. I'm just amazed.
I'm so looking forward to this girl who has completely found her artistic freedom.

Very well said Lee

You just lashed me bro :flamebroiled:

Le Champ

August 02, 2020, 12:08:58 AM #2211 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:23:54 AM by Lee
Quote from: whatever on August 02, 2020, 12:06:44 AM

It's different for sure, and I could absolutely see average listeners being thrown off, but I think it's way easier to digest if you don't go in wishing and hoping it sounded like something else :dead:
I know musicians and singers who are going TF UPPPPP, but that was expected lol

Bigmacthawoppa

I definitely don't want to judge anyone's taste, but it's very weird hearing Brandy stans not respond well to b7 because to me, it encompasses everything that I stan about her :dead: like I listen to it and I'm like "THIS is Brandy." It's a mix of her BEST work, released and unreleased, plus this commitment to move the needle. I'm just amazed.
Then I see people who don't use but go up for Two Eleven and it's like...it appears you were a fan of a bunch of demos more than Brandy herself. There were very few moments on that album that felt authentic or true to Brandy.
I'm glad she got that out her system and people can go back to that if they feel they must, but I'm so looking forward to this girl who has completely found her artistic freedom.

I'm really starting to warm up to this record. That being said, it doesn't remove the fact that there are serious issues with the production and mixing/mastering quality. It becomes even more apparent when you shuffle these songs on a playlist with other current releases. I ripped the CD to FLAC for my car and it's still very obvious. I'm accepting it as it is because I appreciate her art and vision for this project, but I can understand people's disappointment at least in that regard. Especially when her past works have been so excellently produced, overall.

All that being said, Borderline is one of the best things she's EVER done. I don't know how a true Brandy Stan could deny that.

Ma Lo

Quote from: CREAM. on August 02, 2020, 12:02:01 AM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on August 01, 2020, 11:56:20 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on August 01, 2020, 11:53:43 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on August 01, 2020, 11:40:25 PM
The good news is that although a lot of us don't really like the album that much the critics seem to be taking to it. I was blown away by the Rollingstones article. Unbelievable. Rolling Stones?! Cmon
I love the album minus two songs

So happy you like it.
:guys:

n I love it too

Andthecategoryis...

I'm going tf up in full stan mode! What the hec Queen just did with this album, I don't understand. If you don't get it, you just don't get it. Most people don't open up their hearts and ears to real music anymore just the same robotic shit. These lyrics are lashing me one by one, Bran really put her all into this and I'm stanninggggggggggggg.
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Ma Lo

Queen is trying to change the game. 

Heated🔥

August 02, 2020, 01:25:24 AM #2216 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:30:27 AM by Babyface
Quote from: Lee on August 02, 2020, 12:08:58 AM

It's different for sure, and I could absolutely average listeners being thrown off, but I think it's way easier to digest if you don't go in wishing and hoping it sounded like something else :dead:
exactly.
I see ppl saying it's boring and it's obvious that they didn't even give the album a chance or a full listen.
Ppl were looking for a generic R&B mess.
The musically inclined gets it.
And I'm fine with that.

Heated🔥

Ma Lo

Quote from: yummy on August 01, 2020, 09:22:19 PM
Borderline been whippin my ass for that last 48 hours

wtff

Vvhghhhjrd

Get up sis you okay?

Le Champ

Quote from: Babyface on August 02, 2020, 01:25:24 AM
Quote from: Lee on August 02, 2020, 12:08:58 AM

It's different for sure, and I could absolutely average listeners being thrown off, but I think it's way easier to digest if you don't go in wishing and hoping it sounded like something else :dead:
exactly.
I see ppl saying it's boring and it's obvious that they didn't even gift the album a chance or a full listen.
Ppl were looking for a generic R&B mess.
The musically inclined gets it.
And I'm fine with that.

not boring  :plzstop:
This damn JOURNEY is anything BUT
:gorlonfire: