Hearted and guarded
A target god-damn
Can we let me live
Can we
Let me live
Just cause I can sing for you

The album came with lyrics?

Justaway_

July 30, 2020, 10:39:39 AM #108 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:40:56 AM by Justaway_
White/European Brandy fans will hate this album :dead: I just love how this one isn't pandering at GP like Two Eleven, it's truly a personal and sorta gloomy record.

I personally love the atypical song structures and melodies of this album. Bran makes them inviting and enticing unlike my experience with the current R&B gorls.

ReVon

Ray J has to be on the backgrounds to BORDERLINE :plzstop:

Ma Lo

Quote from: Justaway_ on July 30, 2020, 10:39:39 AM
White/European Brandy fans will hate this album :dead: I just love how this one isn't pandering at GP like Two Eleven, it's truly a personal and sorta gloomy record.

So true. This album is very dark .. almost depressing throughout but that's the point.

Bigmacthawoppa

July 30, 2020, 10:46:03 AM #111 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 10:47:36 AM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 10:43:13 AM

So true. This album is very dark .. almost depressing throughout but that's the point.

I'm a cracker and my fave albums are Afrodisiac and Full Moon, will I like this? 2/11 is my LEAST favorite. I love dark, moody Ghan. But I also want the production to be unique and goodT.

Zankou.

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 30, 2020, 10:46:03 AM

I'm a cracker

DSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Justaway_

Top 5 as of now:

1 - I Am More
2 - Say Something
3 - Lucid Dreams
4 - No Tomorrow
5 - Rather Be/Bye Bipolar

High Heels really is the Turn it Up of this album tho :dead:

bby ddy

Lucid is THAT GORL!

It was my least favorite snippet but I'm completely SCALPED!

Top 5:

Lucid Dreams
Rather Be
Say Something
I Am More
Borderline

Overall, I am thoroughly enjoying the album. I can't wait to listen in it's entirety. I need to hear the transitions.

I can do without High Heels and the interludes, but maybe they'll make more sense as a whole.

Ma Lo

I'm a cracker and my fave albums are Afrodisiac and Full Moon, will I like this? 2/11 is my LEAST favorite. I love dark, moody Ghan. But I also want the production to be unique and goodT.

Hmmm I can't say if you'll like it or not. Depends. But I can understand why someone wouldn't like it .... this to me is like what Solange described as "deep Brandy cuts" meaning only the most savvy brandy fans will understand what she did here. It's awkward, it's weird, it's trippy and a bit like a blur but it works for me. I love it.

BigDawg

EgyptianSong

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 08:42:01 AM
:plzstop:

Just got the link. I'm about to get my fuckin breakfast and start diving the fuck IN

Can I get a pm too pls  :ohwow:

❄️☃️🌨� Shuji Feels Different 🌨�☃️❄️

bby ddy

The production is very minimalistic for the most part.

Bran's vocals, arrangements and harmonies are the shining point. It's an interesting listen. The song structures are so unconventional. No one could have made this album work other than Brandy. :plzstop:

It's so different and experimental yet....current sounding.