OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bby ddy

Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 10:58:56 AM
A lot of people will not like this album I can tell you that much.. it's left, unusual, backwards even.. but she did what needed to be done. I fckin love it.  These songs will continue to grow on you the more you listen and peel back the layers. It reminds me so much of my initial reaction of Full Moon. I thought it was awful ..the way she sounded and the production..but now .. smh

Perfect description.

The average ear won't understand it. THIS is what I consider to be "Progressive R&B" or "experimental". Brandy was in her mf bag with this one.

I don't even think the casual Brandy fans will vibe with it too much. At least not right away.

Noni

"Europeans won't like this..."

yeah it's so deep that only the americans can truly understand it
:usuresis:

on a more serious note though; I'm liking it the more I listen to it. No Tomorrow and Say Something are slaying me each time.

Rather Be is just everything I wanted from Bran.

:loose2when:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on July 30, 2020, 11:01:19 AM
A lot of people will not like this album I can tell you that much.. it's left, unusual, backwards even.. but she did what needed to be done. I fckin love it.  These songs will continue to grow on you the more you listen and peel back the layers. It reminds me so much of my initial reaction of Full Moon. I thought it was awful ..the way she sounded and the production..but now .. smh

I thought Full Moon was terrible when I first tried to listen but it became my favorite album of all time by any artist

Yeah but Rodney murked that production...

God I'm so nervous  :dead: I guess I'll just see come midnight.

Noni

Glock can you post the lyrics to Say Something, Bye Bipolar and Borderline? Or just throw them all in while you're at it!

aod_s

Stop messing about guys and send another link... thanks 😂😂

Noni

to everyone asking for links:

Ch just google "Brandy b7" and show the pages updated in the last hour and you will find plenty of links

:hmph:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: bby ddy on July 30, 2020, 11:04:56 AM

Perfect description.

The average ear won't understand it. THIS is what I consider to be "Progressive R&B" or "experimental". Brandy was in her mf bag with this one.

I don't even think the casual Brandy fans will vibe with it too much. At least not right away.

That's great and I love that about Brandy but how's the production?

hewritez

July 30, 2020, 11:10:22 AM #142 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:11:28 AM by hewritez
the album is solid like people have been saying.
I wouldn't say amazing just yet...
I need to sit with it more

High Heels should have been left off
Baby Mama doesn't fit at all

Standouts to me are: Lucid Dreams, No Tomorrow, Rather Be, Say Something, Borderline

Unconditional is dope but I need to listen more...

I like "I am More" and "Saving All My Love" more than I expected to.

A couple of the songs do get a bit boring like someone had said. And one thing I noticed...
I don't feel like there were as many WOW vocal moments. With each album there are
more than a handful of runs or adlibs that are just like "WOWWW"

The album is pretty minimalistic, which I don't altogether mind.

hewritez

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 30, 2020, 11:10:14 AM

Perfect description.

That's great and I love that about Brandy but how's the production?

minimal.
brandy carried this entire project on her back

Eh...

July 30, 2020, 11:12:41 AM #144 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:22:22 AM by Eh...
I can't wait to listen
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

BORderline

Fudoufoudoufou

so minimalist weird beats along with Ghan's layers?!

WHEW!

imma USE this album. I've been waiting for weirDY since 2006. 

Zankou.

Cnxnxndcncjccj

bigmac the production isn't anything earth shattering. 

bby ddy

Quote from: Gifted. on July 30, 2020, 11:08:32 AM

Perfect description.

I think you have it completely wrong.

The songs that are left/dark like "Lucid" and "Borderline" are gonna be the favourites amongst fans and casual fans.

It's songs like "Baby Mama" and "High Heels" that will have the fans scratching their heads.

High Heels shoulda never left the booth. Hell, it shoulda remained a thought in Bran and Campers heads.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Zan' on July 30, 2020, 11:13:13 AM
Cnxnxndcncjccj

bigmac the production isn't anything earth shattering.

:plzstop:

Damns.

I just HATE pamper  :hmph:

BORderline

She better snatch a Grammy nod with that new Best Progressive R&B Album category