OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Lee on July 30, 2020, 01:25:02 PM
Wow I cannot believe that the mixing of the album seems to be an issue. Literally the last thing I thought would happen. It's so crazy cuz she specifically talked about that process. It's like she has a bunch of amateurs around her. That's disappointing.
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

hewritez

Quote from: Zan' on July 30, 2020, 01:40:43 PM
ok SAML gets weird after the first minute and a half or so

:dead:
yeah...

some of the lyrics on this are so random I feel like maybe I wasn't paying attention
or the subject suddenly changed and now the song is about something else.  :plzstop:

AfroJisiac

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 01:00:20 PM
Fave to least fave:

6) Borderline - Strong song. Had the potential to be better though. I agree with Daniel Caeser - needed some editing.

oh he did say that? i missed it
like in what way? like too long? or vocally?

ReVon

Sounds like some people are mad they can't exactly sing along with her intricate melodies and switch-ups

:plzstop: :flamebroiled:

FRANCE

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 01:36:53 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 01:33:11 PM
Quote from: hewritez on July 30, 2020, 01:21:32 PM
Oh, and Borderline has me conflicted.
I like the way it starts and the way it ends.
I like the chorus.
But something happens in the middle.
I start to lose interest.
I agree with the comment about editing.

All of this. Too much going on. Its almost like she had a whole lotta shit to say and she had to pack it all in tight.

Maybe this is one of the reasons why I am not appreciating the vocals on this album. I'm focusing more on trying to wrap my head around the song structures and some of the melody choices that I cant even focus on / appreciate the vocals at all. Of course she sounds amazing on every song, but I didnt get that vocal lashing I normally get when listening to a Brandy album the 1st time. I'm focused on too many other things. lol.

!!!!

Yes it's too unpolished... this is why I feel like it's a compilation of some unreleased songs... and I get low budget... I love this girl and glad to always support but sis needs a label and a budget! And she should've utilized Victoria Monet more for the co-writing, they were on to something with Rather Be

U may be right. I mean, if Brandy was to call up certain producers like Rodney or Timbaland, they would prob wanna charge her more than what Camper would. For some reason, Camper kinda gives me rookie vibes lol. At the same time, she can find other fresh producers to really give her some heat. Even Angel from the UK I wouldnt mind working/producing some tracks for her. Its not rly the label or anything for me. Its who Brandy chose to work with in the end. Maybe she had a little too much freedom, but at the same time, I want her to. Lol.

I'm glad she's back though and I hope she plans on using some of her down time (due to COVID) to start conceptualizing the next project. I've never had to 'sit with' a Brandy album ever. This is new for me. Every album has been instant.

JCJ 🪐

I'm not sure if I'm 100% on board with how she approached Lucid vocally. I would've preferred it to be softer at certain parts.
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

FRANCE

Quote from: AfroJisiac on July 30, 2020, 01:44:24 PM
Fave to least fave:

6) Borderline - Strong song. Had the potential to be better though. I agree with Daniel Caeser - needed some editing.

He did. He said it was too long and needed to be cut down. And Bran was like 'Yeah, I'ma look into that and shorten it". Maybe it was 7 minutes long then :kii:

JCJ 🪐

But I'm going to wait until tonight to listen more.
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

FRANCE

Quote from: JCJ on July 30, 2020, 01:49:51 PM
I'm not sure if I'm 100% on board with how she approached Lucid vocally. I would've preferred it to be softer at certain parts.

Rigggght. Her vocal approach is what is killin it for me. It needed her softer tone. I've listened to it a few times and I remember the production but could never sing it back to u or even hum the melody. Its a grower for me, but I like it.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 01:14:03 PM
Overall, I gotta say that Camper didnt come thru at all. They can never work again if thats at all possible. He needs to break her heart somehow so she can move the fuck on.

Highs:

Love how experimental she is. Her most experimental project since Afrodisiac. She challenged herself doing diff things. Lyrically, the album was pretty good overall. One of her most cohesive albums. She sounds amazing and I like that she was singing in the most comfortable parts of her range here. All these songs, she should be able to comfortably sing live without lowering keys or being hesitant to hit high notes.

Lows:
Production, mixing, mastering. Song structures, lack of solid melodies and choruses. Woulda preferred a balance of Without You, Shattered Heart, I Tried kinda records mixed with the progressive sound. A lot of the songs needed some kinda editing for me. Vocally, prob my least fave album of hers. Brandy is kinda known for not having an adlib or run outta place. With this album, there's too many little things I dont like and I think a part of it could be with the mixing and mastering of the songs. Something is off. Doesnt sound as polished. Her vocals on some songs actually sound higher than others.

I definitely would say this is my least favourite Brandy album. Not bad, but def my least fave. It's gonna get old quick. I can already tell. Too many skippable songs or songs I wont be in the mood to listen to on certain days.

I cant fucking deal i did say that if they never worked again im okay with it
she was right to curb his azz the first time
damn sis

but its nice to know what a brandy album sounds like without the machine

but wow

what if hit boy did more tracks

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

b7

Omgggg I'm so late i didn't see this early footage with Lashawn  :'(

RIP

I'm sure it's been posted but wow

ReVon

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 01:50:23 PM
Quote from: AfroJisiac on July 30, 2020, 01:44:24 PM
Fave to least fave:

He did. He said it was too long and needed to be cut down. And Bran was like 'Yeah, I'ma look into that and shorten it". Maybe it was 7 minutes long then :kii:

Or maybe she kept it exactly the 5 min length it always was.

I do think it's excessively long though. The radio version will be shorter I'm sure.

hewritez

I can't put my finger on what I think about this.
And that's annoying me.  :dead:
this is a very strange release for me
now I know why Buddha was so ambiguous with his
assessment

Annie

I still need to listen, but will take the time for it...

just wondering when you guys say Europeans will not get this..there is a big fanbase here for twigs... I am curious to find out if it is experimental or just a chopped & screwed mixtape kind of vibe. I guess I'll find out soon

/.\

Rimshot

July 30, 2020, 01:58:09 PM #269 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 02:00:26 PM by Rags
Quote from: Gifted. on July 30, 2020, 01:56:55 PM
I%u2019d of liked her to work with Lido who did %u201CPedialyte%u201D and %u201CGold%u201D for JoJo.

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Spot on.

Annie, I'm not sure how to describe the album nnn. All the songs are made to flow into each other, it just all sounds kind of... messy, overall? Some songs sound clearer than others, some songs have choruses, some have weird structures.