OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalifornia.

The end of "I am More" was...interesting.

ReVon

Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 03:20:03 PM
It can't be compared to any of her peers and I'm glad she did this too to stop the silly comparisons. Ain't nobody in this girls lane. She solidified that here imo

:lopsided: ALL THIS!

HUGO

Where we going, we're diving in the ocean, the tidal is flowin'

whatever

Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 03:20:03 PM
It can't be compared to any of her peers and I'm glad she did this too to stop the silly comparisons. Ain't nobody in this girls lane. She solidified that here imo

When I say peers, I mean she's still serving quality whether we think it's her best or not. Many of her peers projects be horrible this long in the game...

And I don't think this album is other worldly that it's better than anything her peers or the rest of the industry can do because it's not....it's cute.....I respect your opinion.

Desilu

This is def going to be an album where you have to sit and appreciate each song for what it is.

It's a grower and seems she took some new risks that may be overlooked.

Annie

First listen...very difficult to judge. I know Brandy did a great job with her vocals. She really gave it her all...(but I hope this is the only camper album tbh, I need timbo/Darkchild/neptunes or musicians like the roots)

I think Say Something is my fav so far. It gives me energy. The instruments, a bit of soul, sweet vocals. Reminds me a bit somehow of Xtina back to basics, I don't know why..some hiphop influences/sample. 

Rather be is one of the best tracks as well..the last part is the creativity and experimental energy i wished for. The vocals on the beat don't make sense maybe but that is exactly why I love it. A clear/bold experimental choice..(not a 'could be experimental, could be sloppy') No tomorrow has a several chill vibe but should have been an interlude. 

I was surprised by I am more, the last part is a rare glimpse of what could be a lot of greatness. Like hold uppp Bran you are killin it!  
Why is it 40 seconds rushing through it while that could be a full song or a real interlude. Such a nice moment that went by too fast and deserves more space.

/.\

JCJ 🪐

Rather Be is the clear "single" here.  Hopefully it becomes the third one...
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

FRANCE

I really love SAML. I can see why Brandy says its one of her faves. 

Desilu

Full Moon was trashed when it was first released but now it's a cult classic.

B7 will be the same when people parrot off the new sound.

Ma Lo

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 03:30:21 PM
I really love SAML. I can see why Brandy says its one of her faves.

Me too def a grower.

Harlem

I'm not mad at SAML... just hate how it ends and goes into Oceans... that could've been cleaner

Kalifornia.

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 30, 2020, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on July 30, 2020, 02:21:30 PM
n

half y'all dragged Daniel for saying Borderline is too long

I mean..it IS too damn long. He didn't lie.

I checked out halfway through.

!!!

It's soo unpolished... I see the potential but there's something off

That's how I feel about a lot of these songs. The vision & potential is there, but it needs to be pulled together better.

b7

Love how some of her lead vocals are in ur face with some songs and on other songs like SAML, you get super pulled back leads (i gotta get used to em)  and they're entrapped in this wall of SOUND

Then Unconditional Oceans is this warbly, really cool and PRETTY fucking weird airy acrobatic and emotive vocal over a video game DONKEY KONG ass knock

:plzstop: :plzstop:

DESTROY ME BRANDY

Annie

I think I need to give it more spins to really judge. 

These verses and choruses are blending like the vocals were added to an instrumental. Almost like when DJ's want to make remixes? Rushed sometimes, no structure and weird timing. Sometimes amazing vocals from start to finish but somehow lost because there is no real build up. Maybe if I get more familiar with the songs I get used to it. Some songs were a but too long or repetitive but the vocals are smooth. The only song I couldn't get through was Bye Bipolar. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Lucid Dreams, amazing vocals!!! The beat in the beginning is distracting, I love the second  part..these bass tones without a 'snap' (why  desperately try to add structure if it is such a dreamy vibe?)

I loved the Unconditional Oceans snippet a bit better (song gets repetitive) but I definitely appreciate this beat! One of the best vibes. And High Heels is also quite nice (could have used Neptunes but yeah).

All my life - I get the vibe they were going for but should have been a clear vocal. I feel like her voice is amazing and it could be a great track..not just album filler to create more tracks. 

/.\

HUGO

Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 30, 2020, 03:35:03 PM

Then Unconditional Oceans is this warbly, really cool and PRETTY fucking weird airy acrobatic and emotive vocal over a video game DONKEY KONG ass knock

:plzstop: :plzstop:

I think that's another reason why I Use. Was it intentional for her to sound as if she's under water?