OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noni

July 30, 2020, 06:27:48 PM #615 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:28:31 PM by Noni
Omg I am more from 2:19 onwards. Bran 🤯😍

mauza

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 04:09:55 PM
Guys, I want Brandy to move on from this passion project, call it a personal mixtape and gather Victoria Monet, James Fauntleroy, Candice Nelson, The Neptunes, Timbaland and Kaytranada and finally make her masterpiece
:stressed:

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 04:11:53 PM
I can't believe I'm witnessing Brandy's "cheap" era... woooooooo! Independent didn't do our girl good huh?!
:stressed:

:-(

"جاني الاسمر"

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on July 30, 2020, 06:18:25 PM
Quote from: Jay_g on July 30, 2020, 05:52:33 PM
B7 is art. you must use headphones.

that makes me sad

cause that ruins the collective listening experience tbh when u siitin round with friends and u sy hey check dis out  yall dont share headphones

but id have second hand embarrasment without it

so im gonna pretend this project doesnt exist for a while

This probably shouldn't be happening during a global pandemic.

BranLover

Quote from: D.I.E.G.O. on July 30, 2020, 05:37:47 PM
Quote from: BranLover on July 30, 2020, 05:33:41 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 02:23:27 PM
I Am More is sooo GOOD until that rap...  :plzstop:

:plzstop:
The rap was a cute touch; it's just hard to make out exactly what she's saying.

I liked the "never sang in a group with some other chicks" line. It was short and cute.

Oh wait Ghan  :ohwow:

BRockaBaby

First half of the album is a trip. Where's my shrooms? 

Second half is a bop. 

Ends with a tear jerker! 

Love it! 

Desilu

Quote from: BRockaBaby on July 30, 2020, 06:30:43 PM
First half of the album is a trip. Where's my shrooms?

Second half is a bop.

Ends with a tear jerker!

Love it!

:wub:

Bentley. HARRIS!

Quote from: Fuck it! on July 30, 2020, 04:08:07 PM
I just listened to this album and it's Brandy's worst album to date. This is worse than Two Eleven and Two Eleven was horrible. I don't understand why she let DJ Camper handle the entire album and the mixing is just meh. I don't get it. I'm baffled. She has the money and resources to reach out to other producers.  Like what the fuck?
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

whoa I still gotta listen

TriBeCa

WOW!! I just heard "Bye Bipolar". Such an emotional song. This is the type of song she could sing at an award show and get a standing ovation.

BRockaBaby

So I won't say anything about the mixing quality because I'm only listening to the download links. However, I do like the content of the album. Every artist has or wants to have a dark/expressive album. I'm happy Ghan got hers out the way. The only feedback I would have that sort of bothers me is that I feel there are parts in songs where the productions takes an unnecessary turn. It's almost like Camper was trying TOO HARD to be innovative and there were moments in songs where I FINALLY caught the melody/Rythm and as soon as I did, the beat takes  another change. There are moments in some songs where I feel the keys don't belong and/or are just off. 

overall, still loving it. That would be my ONLY feedback so far. My thoughts may change when I hear a total HQ via iTunes tonight but...yea. On some of these tracks, less would've been a lot more. 

Kalifornia.

Good or bad, Queen stood in her mess and didn't allow herself to be swayed by anyone. That's honestly big for her.

The album is an acquired taste for sure, but this also her first time doing it independently. If anything this era will be a huge learning experience for her.

I just hope it inspires her to keep creating music and exploring her art. No more long ass breaks.

FRANCE

Quote from: Kalifornia. on July 30, 2020, 06:39:15 PM
Good or bad, Queen stood in her mess and didn't allow herself to be swayed by anyone. That's honestly big for her.

The album is an acquired taste for sure, but this also her first time doing it independently. If anything this era will be a huge learning experience for her.

I just hope it inspires her to keep creating music and exploring her art. No more long ass breaks.

!!! Proud of her. Need a new project sooner than later.

D.I.E.G.O.

It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea. I am loving it, though. It feels super honest and is experimental in the way I've been craving from Brandy. This one just hits different.

Aalumeci.

July 30, 2020, 06:43:42 PM #628 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:49:35 PM by BorderL0NZ.
These are my reactions that I typed in real time as I was listening  nn

Saving All My Love
Intro is amazing
Second verse is disgusting. It sounds like she's slobbering. Enunciate sis. Mumbling is only cute when there's a pretty melody. All these random lyrics and punch ins and then to not be able to really make it out?
Your love, your love, your love, your love repeating was a cute moment.
This "youuuuu" at the end ?????
No replay value at all. It's just not a song to me. It has a beat, and lyrics, but it's not a song to me. Trash.

Unconditional Oceans
Mix is off yikes. Snare is loud as fuck, she sounds underneath the beat.

Wait. Oceans. Is she under water.
This PLUCK sound is everything.
Not crazy about this like everyone else. It has replay value though, it actually sounds like a song.

Lucid Dreams
These chords are beautiful. Love this vibe.
FUCK this beat is perfect I wishhhhh the lyrics had a structure.
This random high note that keeps popping out isnt it. Nnnn HEEee!
Overall I like this one. It does sound like you're floating in a dream especially the part before the second verse. The song was successful in making me FEEL what it was about.

Borderline
Standout.
Love the clear chorus. The beat is perfect to me as is, y'all crazy
I don't like when she starts with the futbaw voice.
Okkkhigh note run!!!!

No Tomorrow
I'm boppinggggggddddjdjd

this FLOW Dbbg

ACKKKK
Yessssss first verse
This BOP I'm snapping and ticking my ass
The repetitive nature works for me because the melody is infectious enough to not get tired of it. it deserves to be repeated as such.
Yessssss synth at the end

Say Something
ok, intro giving me Like This vibes
Aaackkkkkkk
KNOCK. Yes rasp!!!
fdd
Ohhhhhh yes piano softening out this hard ass approach of the first verse

OMG what's going on in the background of the second verse. YES CAMPER.
She is delivering this vocal in the verses I'm weakkk. Fav so far.
Talk back! take a bath!
Say Something is ITTTTTTTTT.

I Am More
nervous ....

Ad libsssss come thruuu

This Apart FEEL
Ack percussion midway thru the second verse.
Come on SOULLL
Omg djdjdjdjdj djdjdj she is SINGING. This is THEE vocal of the album so far. THIS is tastefully and strategically experimental. I had high hopes for this and loved the snippet and I am the fuck satisfied. Shit.
Actual fav now.

High Heels
djdjdj these adlibs Syrai about to drag Brandy
My. Jaw. Dropped. @ bippity boppity boo :uhh:
Hmmmm. This isn't as bad as y'all made it seem. I mean Bran Nu can go to hell but there's something very ..... I can't put my finger on it. It's very dark, that synth is sinister. But they sound so ... sweet. It's reminding me of some Kiley Dean or Illumeci mess.

Baby Mama.
Listening to it with the album, it makes sense but not crazy about her.

Love Again.
Cool song. Skip.
Had it not been a single, I would be praising the first listen but only against the album. When I heard it on the radio as a stand-alone, I was like meh. But On the album, it's one of the better songs.

Bye Bipolar
oh she doing her gooooood singingggg
This is a really good song.
ACKKKDDDD towards the end Ssinngggggg.
Ohhh ddddthis comedic touch at the end giving me an Erykah/Bey tea :dead:

Noni

Guys I don't have the mixing issue in my Apple Music official release. I had it in the downloaded leak version though 

and to those of you not feeling B7 (like I was a few pages ago). Wait until you have the official release and give it time! 

im literally living right now!!!