OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:10:45 PM
Quote from: No Tomorrow. on July 30, 2020, 11:09:46 PM

this doesnt sound the same as the final version?
it had a dreamy feel in the snippet here

It should've stayed just like this! Would've been better than them All My Life Interludes
That part is still in the song but its so drowned out by other production that it takes away...ugh I do wish it was still an interlude and simple as this b/c the song itself is kinda lackluster
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

BORderline

The transition between Borderline and No Tomorrow using tubular bells... 

Mix that shit in a proper way from the left to the right ear. DUH.

No! That slow ass plump guy just dropped it like that.
I hate basic niggers. I swear.

JCJ 🪐

OMG she has shit taste  :uhh:

That's her all the way. Is she ok
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Harlem

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 30, 2020, 10:36:50 PM
"Rather Be" is so timeless. She should've did more songs with Victoria. Bran's songwriting is...out there. This was a big change for her though so I admire that.

NOW THIS!!!! I would've scrapped the rest of the album or reworked most of it once Victoria cane in the picture... she did what the fuck she had to do

Check this out. Verzuz / BeatRoute Interview:

QuoteBR: Beautiful. Were there any songs that almost didn't make it on B7?

B: Yes. There was a song, it's my daughter's favourite song, called "Rather Be." It's a mid-slow song and it's beautiful—it almost didn't make the album. I would have been so disappointed because, from my daughter to DJ Camper, who produced it, anyone that heard it, they were calling it an air quotes "Brandy Song." I didn't buy into that, but it really is. Victoria Monét wrote it and she writes a lot of songs for Ariana Grande, and Tonio Dickson, who writes a lot with Babyface and Toni Braxton. When you have those kinds of people writing the song with you, you don't leave [it] off of the album [laughs].

Glad it did make it. Was one of the last songs she recorded I heard. Imagine if Victoria was on board from the very beginning.

Not Brandy about to leave out Rather Be chillllllleeeeeeeeeeee
:melmel:

Andthecategoryis...

I feel like Borderline is to Sir the Baptist but I just can't see her being so emotional and making such a deep song about that little ass BOY...who theee fvck had a baby
:uhh: :uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

He wasn't the least bit cute, all these men Bran can have and.... :ohwow:

Harlem

Victoria Monet>>>>>>>> Kaydence

That dyke ass white girl didn't know what to do with Queen... Victoria should've been there since Day 1

LOONA.

Quote"Rather Be." It's a mid-slow song and it's beautiful—it almost didn't make the album.

:blink:

Desilu

A few of you should just reconsider being Brandy fans.

:dead:

JCJ 🪐

I'm sorry but Bran doesn't need full creative control over her projects.  :dead:

I love that she's speaking her truth but....

Andthecategoryis...

"Rather Be" is so timeless. She should've did more songs with Victoria. Bran's songwriting is...out there. This was a big change for her though so I admire that.

NOW THIS!!!! I would've scrapped the rest of the album or reworked most of it once Victoria cane in the picture... she did what the fuck she had to do

B: Yes. There was a song, it's my daughter's favourite song, called "Rather Be." It's a mid-slow song and it's beautiful—it almost didn't make the album. I would have been so disappointed because, from my daughter to DJ Camper, who produced it, anyone that heard it, they were calling it an air quotes "Brandy Song." I didn't buy into that, but it really is. Victoria Monét wrote it and she writes a lot of songs for Ariana Grande, and Tonio Dickson, who writes a lot with Babyface and Toni Braxton. When you have those kinds of people writing the song with you, you don't leave [it] off of the album [laughs].

Glad it did make it. Was one of the last songs she recorded I heard. Imagine if Victoria was on board from the very beginning.
Why would Rather Be almost not make it and she has almost if not all control over the album???  :uhh: :uhh:
Bran wyd
:mmyulost:

LOONA.

If the best song on the album almost didn't make the cut imagine what songs were cut out and replaced with the ones we got.

Eh...

Quote from: BORderline on July 30, 2020, 11:08:33 PM
I have not really listened to the album in a deeply way but that's why I wanted Camper AWAY from her...
Brandy used to work with Darkchild or Timbaland or Mike City who put a lot of stress and energy into DETAILS. Camper is just BLAND and BASIC. So many things could have been BETTER if he focused into details a little more.

It's so RAW. And her previous efforts were so polished.
I can understand why some die hard Brandy stans would be disappointed.
The regular Brandy fans won't be really bothered.

But WHEW! I'm enjoying the little previews.

Is the CD not out over there yet? It'll be out here in 30 mins I assume you had it for a while now
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Desilu on July 30, 2020, 11:20:45 PM
A few of you should just reconsider being Brandy fans.

You should just reconsider your presence on...the board  :uhh:

Le Champ

I just read the whole interview and she spoke on what I suspected. This album is so different because so many people have literally jacked the sound she created and she was trying to find her place again.

Bigmacthawoppa

July 30, 2020, 11:23:33 PM #914 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:24:59 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: BORderline on July 30, 2020, 11:08:33 PM
I have not really listened to the album in a deeply way but that's why I wanted Camper AWAY from her...
Brandy used to work with Darkchild or Timbaland or Mike City who put a lot of stress and energy into DETAILS. Camper is just BLAND and BASIC. So many things could have been BETTER if he focused into details a little more.

It's so RAW. And her previous efforts were so polished.
I can understand why some die hard Brandy stans would be disappointed.
The regular Brandy fans won't be really bothered.

But WHEW! I'm enjoying the little previews.

!!!

If it was intentionally RAW it wouldn't bother me as much, but since all of Camper's works sounds unfinished it just shows that he's lazy/unskilled. And for Brandy given the standard she's set for herself, that's unacceptable, at least to me. I can get down with weird song structure and strange lyrics, but make it sound good at least!