Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

If she sang Bye Bipolar live it would be amazing

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: COU on July 30, 2020, 11:29:22 PM
Quote from: Atlroyalty05 on July 30, 2020, 11:25:03 PM
Quote from: Desilu on July 30, 2020, 11:20:45 PM
A few of you should just reconsider being Brandy fans.

:dead:

I mean like dead ass

Yeah I think another board would do. Must of these girls aren't Brandy fans but keep the general section going. Like the literally drag her like Monica now. It's so unpleasant and just not good energy.

You've constantly been shading her. You are no real fan  :plzstop:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Heated🔥

Heated🔥

July 30, 2020, 11:37:56 PM #933 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:38:16 PM by Babyface
btw i dont think she was shading "say something"
looks like she was giving a "this song speaks for itself" tea

there's no way she could be shading it.

there would be no reason for her to put a song on the album if she doesn't like it.

BranLover

Quote from: 89 on July 30, 2020, 11:33:46 PM
If she sang Bye Bipolar live it would be amazing

! It leaves so much room for her to go all out.

Harlem

Quote from: Arcstrider on July 30, 2020, 11:31:57 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:10:01 PM
B7 is the unreleased compilation we've been waiting for & I applaud her for going the indie route b/c I'm sure it's difficult as much as it is liberating... just hope she's learns all the lessons and grow moving forward

This is what's making me think I'm going to love the album. It's not released in my time zone just yet. Reading throughout this thread, I just can't wait to hear it for myself.  :plzstop:

The only issue with this is that it's very hit or mess! It's not polished... this album could've been way better reworked... it had potential but there's a lot of misses here...

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: hewritez on July 30, 2020, 07:09:41 PM
I'm gonna listen again when the HQ drops tonight.

I listened to it in my car and it sounded really muddled.
It just wasn't CRISP.

is that a mix/mastering thing?
:plzstop:

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

J loves Brandy

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on July 30, 2020, 11:21:56 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 30, 2020, 10:36:50 PM
"Rather Be" is so timeless. She should've did more songs with Victoria. Bran's songwriting is...out there. This was a big change for her though so I admire that.

NOW THIS!!!! I would've scrapped the rest of the album or reworked most of it once Victoria cane in the picture... she did what the fuck she had to do

Check this out. Verzuz / BeatRoute Interview:

QuoteBR: Beautiful. Were there any songs that almost didn't make it on B7?

B: Yes. There was a song, it's my daughter's favourite song, called "Rather Be." It's a mid-slow song and it's beautiful—it almost didn't make the album. I would have been so disappointed because, from my daughter to DJ Camper, who produced it, anyone that heard it, they were calling it an air quotes "Brandy Song." I didn't buy into that, but it really is. Victoria Monét wrote it and she writes a lot of songs for Ariana Grande, and Tonio Dickson, who writes a lot with Babyface and Toni Braxton. When you have those kinds of people writing the song with you, you don't leave [it] off of the album [laughs].

Glad it did make it. Was one of the last songs she recorded I heard. Imagine if Victoria was on board from the very beginning.
Why would Rather Be almost not make it and she has almost if not all control over the album???  :uhh: :uhh:
Bran wyd
:mmyulost:

This tells me that there are SO many tracks that are BEAST of songs that don't make her albums. I'm sure that happens with all artist but I have a feeling Brandy left off some much better songs off b7 for high heels, BM, All my life 1-3.

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: J loves Brandy on July 30, 2020, 11:44:27 PM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on July 30, 2020, 11:21:56 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 11:15:16 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:04:38 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 30, 2020, 10:36:50 PM
"Rather Be" is so timeless. She should've did more songs with Victoria. Bran's songwriting is...out there. This was a big change for her though so I admire that.

NOW THIS!!!! I would've scrapped the rest of the album or reworked most of it once Victoria cane in the picture... she did what the fuck she had to do

Check this out. Verzuz / BeatRoute Interview:

QuoteBR: Beautiful. Were there any songs that almost didn't make it on B7?

B: Yes. There was a song, it's my daughter's favourite song, called "Rather Be." It's a mid-slow song and it's beautiful—it almost didn't make the album. I would have been so disappointed because, from my daughter to DJ Camper, who produced it, anyone that heard it, they were calling it an air quotes "Brandy Song." I didn't buy into that, but it really is. Victoria Monét wrote it and she writes a lot of songs for Ariana Grande, and Tonio Dickson, who writes a lot with Babyface and Toni Braxton. When you have those kinds of people writing the song with you, you don't leave [it] off of the album [laughs].

Glad it did make it. Was one of the last songs she recorded I heard. Imagine if Victoria was on board from the very beginning.
Why would Rather Be almost not make it and she has almost if not all control over the album???  :uhh: :uhh:
Bran wyd
:mmyulost:

This tells me that there are SO many tracks that are BEAST of songs that don't make her albums. I'm sure that happens with all artist but I have a feeling Brandy left off some much better songs off b7 for high heels, BM, All my life 1-3.
\
YESS even the fact that she reworks so many parts of the song that already sound good... like that SAML demo I felt that shit but the final its like she pulls back with all them stacks  and one low note ugh
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Luxury

Yeah. I have a feeling this is gonna be my fav Ghan album, judging by the taste level of some of the people I've observed here. Especially the girls who stay on the quote buttons of people who love the material. Really can't trust the opinion of someone who thinks that the Sugababes have ever made one single solitary decent song.

CREAM.

What's crazy is I'm not even a gorl that really pays attention to what's mixed or mastered properly  :dead:

I couldn't careless. I'm just a production person..I know what sounds good to ME

But it's like blatantly obvious on this album with certain songs aren't properly serving.

And I don't like weird song structuring

Some of her placements are kinda random

In conjunction with Pamper's tired...monotone production

I'm not fully tapped in like how I want to be

Lucid Salvatore

It's midnight! The album is out NOW

Bitch I'm about to press play sjjdjsjsjsjdjsjsjsjbbbbbbbvvsvd

:gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

Arcstrider

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:40:55 PM
Quote from: Arcstrider on July 30, 2020, 11:31:57 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 11:10:01 PM
B7 is the unreleased compilation we've been waiting for & I applaud her for going the indie route b/c I'm sure it's difficult as much as it is liberating... just hope she's learns all the lessons and grow moving forward

This is what's making me think I'm going to love the album. It's not released in my time zone just yet. Reading throughout this thread, I just can't wait to hear it for myself.  :plzstop:

The only issue with this is that it's very hit or mess! It's not polished... this album could've been way better reworked... it had potential but there's a lot of misses here...

My only real concern is with the mixing and mastering of the album; since that seems to be a noteworthy issue that's commonly being brought up. Everything else, well, I'll be finding out in a matter of minutes.  :loose2when:

⚡ Flow like lightning. Strike like thunder. 🌀

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;
the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Bish

Quote from: Luxury on July 30, 2020, 11:54:48 PM
Yeah. I have a feeling this is gonna be my fav Ghan album, judging by the taste level of some of the people I've observed here. Especially the girls who stay on the quote buttons of people who love the material. Really can't trust the opinion of someone who thinks that the Sugababes have ever made one single solitary decent song.
Dbdjdjsnjskwmskkskwkskmsksjnsnsns

ReVon

HOLD UP BECAUSE THE WAY THE MIXES SOUND ON SPOTIFY!!!!

:flamebroiled: