OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ma Lo

Vonc2002

Quote from: 'ology on July 31, 2020, 11:20:27 AM
This album sounds like NOTHING out rn! It reminds me of full moon so much I love that she took control and did exactly what she wanted.
I LOVE IT! :gorlonfire:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Harlem

Ya don't think the verses are a little off on No Tomorrow and it's too repetitive at some point?! Like it hits but not how I thought it would  :unsure:

HUGO

Quote from: 123 on July 31, 2020, 11:11:52 AM
Y'all need to leave Bran Nu and her early 90s flow alone. Yes, it is a bit corny but she's still palatable. She sounds like she's genuinely having fun. I honestly have no issue with the bippity boppity boo stuff.  :19k:

No.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 31, 2020, 11:21:51 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 31, 2020, 11:20:09 AM
YOU. DONT. KNOW. IT. YEEET.

So what you think bro?
Honestly this is where brandy SHOULDVE been imo. This album is an extension of afro to me and I love her in that lane.  Afro is kinda my favorite album
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

High Heels reminds me of the perfect cross between Aaliyah and Brandy. It kinda gives the vibe she was giving with Adios and other unreleased songs from that time frame. There's some Candice Nelson/Kenisha Pratt influences..I love it so much. Tim should've co-produced :stressed:

/rant
^

Vonc2002

Sorry (not sorry) but I love no Tomorrow. My favorite mess after LORDerline

HUGO

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 11:19:24 AM
I've listened a couple of times now and I think she lost me with this one  :stressed:

To me, it should've been an EP with:

SAML
Unconditional Oceans
Lucid Dreams
Borderline
No Tomorrow
I Am More
And MAYBE High Heels

The other songs don't really fit the sound for me. So yeah, an EP with these, give or take, and it should've been released 4 years ago. As an EP I could've forgiven the mixing/sound issues too. But after eight years and the talk of how this is a cohesive body of work, it's just not lining up for me. Plus I'm not hearing these "best vocals of her career" y'all keep calling out?

Glad y'all are living and I hope it grows on me but I can't help but feel pretty disappointed after all this time and anticipation  :'(

Preach!

It should've just been the EP she promised us.

RAY7

July 31, 2020, 11:25:32 AM #1613 Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 11:27:12 AM by RAY7
Quote from: Keyed on July 31, 2020, 11:12:16 AM
Quote from: RAY7 on July 31, 2020, 11:06:02 AM
Quote from: 123 on July 31, 2020, 10:51:59 AM
y'all are still stupid I see. She is clearly not shading Bey. There is only one "reference" to Beyonce (or Destiny's Child really) when she sings say my name. The line about not being in a group with other chicks is LITERALLY the same message she conveyed in List. She isn't gonna play second fiddle to someone in her romantic relationships. It is SO obvious what she's talking about given the context of the song. Stop being messy.
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:
my GOD
not the supposed shade being that Bran is solo and Bey was in a group

right, and if anything wouldn%u2019t the shade have landed on Keisha Epps? 

:ohwow:

Bran knows better
!!! I was thinking the exact same thing especially since she said coming off the bench
and Total broke up then continued without Keisha briefly
:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:
like how is BEYONCE the name that comes to mind

HUGO

Quote from: Harlem on July 31, 2020, 11:22:46 AM
Ya don't think the verses are a little off on No Tomorrow and it's too repetitive at some point?! Like it hits but not how I thought it would  :unsure:

Yes.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 11:19:24 AM
I've listened a couple of times now and I think she lost me with this one  :stressed:

To me, it should've been an EP with:

SAML
Unconditional Oceans
Lucid Dreams
Borderline
No Tomorrow
I Am More
And MAYBE High Heels

The other songs don't really fit the sound for me. So yeah, an EP with these, give or take, and it should've been released 4 years ago. As an EP I could've forgiven the mixing/sound issues too. But after eight years and the talk of how this is a cohesive body of work, it's just not lining up for me. Plus I'm not hearing these "best vocals of her career" y'all keep calling out?

Glad y'all are living and I hope it grows on me but I can't help but feel pretty disappointed after all this time and anticipation  :'(

I can understand that.

For some It's not gonna be an album ppl instantly get into. It's not microwaveable music where it's instant and you love it. You're gonna have to go slow and savor it a bit

I DO think a few uptempos would have helped balance out the album a bit.

I do also understand she didn't want that and created the album she wanted.

BORderline

HIGH HEELS IS BOOKING ME

GS
DG
SD
GDS
G
DS
G
DS
G
G