OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

I don't think the criticism is about Brandy's art, if it's commercial or not, Bran experimenting or wanting the old albums. Vocally Bran is the best ever. It is the production, the beats, timing. She deserved better. It is not about wanting the same Bran but seeing all this potential and amazing moments go to waste. But maybe B7 is just a start, I hope so. So yeah maybe she needs to talk to Drake or Timbaland for a next album. But I'm glad everyone found at least 1-2 tracks they really love.

/.\

Annie

:gorlonfire:
Now let me go back to Say Something 

/.\

Le Champ

Quote from: Annie on July 31, 2020, 08:53:12 PM
I don't think the criticism is about Brandy's art, if it's commercial or not, Bran experimenting or wanting the old albums. Vocally Bran is the best ever. It is the production, the beats, timing. She deserved better. It is not about wanting the same Bran but seeing all this potential and amazing moments go to waste. But maybe B7 is just a start, I hope so. So yeah maybe she needs to talk to Drake or Timbaland for a next album. But I'm glad everyone found at least 1-2 tracks they really love.

:dead:

CREAM.

I agree.

Zankou.

I've had I am more on repeat for an hour (restarting before the rap)

Vonc2002

Quote from: Say Something on July 31, 2020, 08:59:47 PM
I've had I am more on repeat for an hour (restarting before the rap)
I've been ping ponging back and forth between no tomorrow and borderline........ then getting a lil of say  sumn
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Kurama

Quote from: Rags on July 31, 2020, 04:05:07 PM
Serious question time ddddd (Scroll past if it bugs you)

Does anyone else feel somewhat conflicted about Brandy using mental health as "metaphors" all throughout the album? I feel like if the wrong audience focuses on the lyrics they're going to drag her, especially when she's saying it's all metaphorical in interviews.

"I don't wanna be schizo no more" (Schizophrenia, not even sure how the symptoms or diagnosis would tie into the meaning of the song)
"I'm on the borderline" (Referring to Borderline Personality Disorder? That makes more sense, I guess)
"My mind is not retarded" (Dddddddd, this one speaks for itself. If some of the Twitter ments hear about this line...)
Bye BiPolar (According to the interview posted a few pages back, she isn't talking about herself, but about her ex. So she's just simply describing his behavior/mood as "bipolar"-ish?)

Obviously she's drawing from a lot of the pain she was in during the making of it (All of Lucid Dreams - abusing ambien, etc., "I'm medicated")... I don't blame her for not being more forthcoming in interviews as mental health is personal, but it would provide more context for people who might give her shit for her lyrics, instead of her basically saying she's using mental disorders at metaphors for being brokenhearted.

I don't know. I'm enjoying the music. The music meshes well with the mental turmoil in the lyrics. Just curious what you all think.

I was thinking about this when I heard some of those lyrics. I think within her art she has the right to express herself this way AND I could see someone being upset or saying this could be stigmatizing.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: CREAM. on July 31, 2020, 08:58:41 PM
I agree.

I'm dealing with this feeling a bit as well but I think the best approach is to accept her art as it is. Sure, it's a little rough production-wise, but that's where she is/was at. It's easier to be at peace and enjoy when you let go of the expectations. Not saying it's easy, cuz they still pop up for me. But I'm able to appreciate it more now that I'm not worrying about Pamper and what he shoulda did.

Bish

Camper said Brandy calls Syrai boop so that's where that line comes from 

The writing reminds me of Amy and how a lot of it doesn't make sense to the listener because the references are so specific and personal 

ReVon

"Say Something" is also giving me a little
Brandy/Mike City 2020

:flamebroiled:

Le Champ

Bran and Pamper SHAT. The only thing I would change about B7 is the mixing on some songs and toss High Heels. Everything else is perfect and I'm tf PLEASED :feelinmyself:

Kurama

Quote from: Annie on July 31, 2020, 05:59:33 PM
Connoisseurs!
:disgusted:
The same people who throw Afro under the bus right now. I refuse.

:omf:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:04:51 PM
Bran and Pamper SHAT. The only thing I would change about B7 is the mixing on some songs and toss High Heels. Everything else is perfect and I'm tf PLEASED :feelinmyself:

I actually really like HH  :plzstop:

The production gives me Aaliyah downe. And Sy'rai is killin. Mixing obviously coulda been better but I've made that point already so imma drop it  :dead:

It's growing on me. I forsee Borderline becoming a top song of mine, period. It gives me fall/Halloween teas and I love that vibe.

Annie

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 09:01:56 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on July 31, 2020, 08:58:41 PM
I agree.

I'm dealing with this feeling a bit as well but I think the best approach is to accept her art as it is. Sure, it's a little rough production-wise, but that's where she is/was at. It's easier to be at peace and enjoy when you let go of the expectations. Not saying it's easy, cuz they still pop up for me. But I'm able to appreciate it more now that I'm not worrying about Pamper and what he shoulda did.

Yeah let me give this some time and shut up for now
:dead:

/.\

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 09:08:33 PM
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:04:51 PM

I actually really like HH  :plzstop:

The production gives me Aaliyah downe. And Sy'rai is killin. Mixing obviously coulda been better but I've made that point already so imma drop it  :dead:

It's growing on me. I forsee Borderline becoming a top song of mine, period. It gives me fall/Halloween teas and I love that vibe.

I actually love the lyrics to HH and Sy'rai sounds amazing, but the song itself is physically hard for me to take  :plzstop:
I think it's because the rest of the album does have this very atmospheric vibe...it's kinda jarring jumping into HH. I kinda cringe.

And yeah....I knew last year that Borderline was gonna be incredible and she IS.