OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Annie on July 31, 2020, 09:10:23 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 09:01:56 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on July 31, 2020, 08:58:41 PM
Quote from: Annie on July 31, 2020, 08:53:12 PM
I don't think the criticism is about Brandy's art, if it's commercial or not, Bran experimenting or wanting the old albums. Vocally Bran is the best ever. It is the production, the beats, timing. She deserved better. It is not about wanting the same Bran but seeing all this potential and amazing moments go to waste. But maybe B7 is just a start, I hope so. So yeah maybe she needs to talk to Drake or Timbaland for a next album. But I'm glad everyone found at least 1-2 tracks they really love.
I agree.

I'm dealing with this feeling a bit as well but I think the best approach is to accept her art as it is. Sure, it's a little rough production-wise, but that's where she is/was at. It's easier to be at peace and enjoy when you let go of the expectations. Not saying it's easy, cuz they still pop up for me. But I'm able to appreciate it more now that I'm not worrying about Pamper and what he shoulda did.

Yeah let me give this some time and shut up for now
:dead:

:plzstop:

Le Champ

The way she opens up Borderline literally SHAKES me up. I just tear up. It's so haunting. Bran knew this was the ONE

Bigmacthawoppa

July 31, 2020, 09:14:47 PM #1952 Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:15:06 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 09:08:33 PM
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:04:51 PM
Bran and Pamper SHAT. The only thing I would change about B7 is the mixing on some songs and toss High Heels. Everything else is perfect and I%u2019m tf PLEASED :feelinmyself:

I actually really like HH  :plzstop:

The production gives me Aaliyah downe. And Sy'rai is killin. Mixing obviously coulda been better but I've made that point already so imma drop it  :dead:

It's growing on me. I forsee Borderline becoming a top song of mine, period. It gives me fall/Halloween teas and I love that vibe.

I actually love the lyrics to HH and Sy%u2019rai sounds amazing, but the song itself is physically hard for me to take  :plzstop:
I think it%u2019s because the rest of the album does have this very atmospheric vibe...it%u2019s kinda jarring jumping into HH. I kinda cringe.

And yeah....I knew last year that Borderline was gonna be incredible and she IS.

I can definitely get that.

And Border is a lot different sounding than I expected from the vocal clips we heard. Much more mellow. I was expecting a mid/ballad knock, kinda like I Tried. But somehow even with subverting my expectations it's quickly becoming one of my favorites  :plzstop:

TheletterJ

Bigmacthawoppa

July 31, 2020, 09:18:01 PM #1954 Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 09:18:37 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:13:32 PM
The way she opens up Borderline literally SHAKES me up. I just tear up. It%u2019s so haunting. Bran knew this was the ONE

THIS! Those coos. UGH. So quintessentially BRAN. That and the start of basically every verse (if that's what we're calling them).

The "would you think about me" line hits me some kinda way I can't even describe. Her tone and vulnerability just make me wanna tear up  :stressed:

And then the immediate swtich up to "it is what it is"  :letsmessfag:

BITCH!!!

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 09:14:47 PM
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:11:52 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 31, 2020, 09:08:33 PM
Bran and Pamper SHAT. The only thing I would change about B7 is the mixing on some songs and toss High Heels. Everything else is perfect and I%u2019m tf PLEASED :feelinmyself:

I actually really like HH  :plzstop:

The production gives me Aaliyah downe. And Sy'rai is killin. Mixing obviously coulda been better but I've made that point already so imma drop it  :dead:

It's growing on me. I forsee Borderline becoming a top song of mine, period. It gives me fall/Halloween teas and I love that vibe.

I actually love the lyrics to HH and Sy%u2019rai sounds amazing, but the song itself is physically hard for me to take  :plzstop:
I think it%u2019s because the rest of the album does have this very atmospheric vibe...it%u2019s kinda jarring jumping into HH. I kinda cringe.

And yeah....I knew last year that Borderline was gonna be incredible and she IS.

I can definitely get that.

And Border is a lot different sounding than I expected from the vocal clips we heard. Much more mellow. I was expecting a mid/ballad knock, kinda like I Tried. But somehow even with subverting my expectations it's quickly becoming one of my favorites  :plzstop:
!!!
Snippets really messed me up. I kinda HATED the SAML snippet from Pamp's live, and I didn't use the Lucid or Bye Bipolar snippets at ALL and they are all some of my favs from b7  :plzstop:
I was so nervous pressing play. I literally just had to let all my anxiety go and listen to the album as it was. And I loved it :stressed:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Kalifornia. on July 31, 2020, 07:26:14 PM
Border is just ok to me. It's gotten better. I wasn't using at all at first.

lmao its gotten better

the song didnt change hun

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Kalifornia.

I think Oceans is one if my favorite Brandy songs ever

Demm_

I really, REALLY love borderline...
Whewwwwwwwwwwwwww

Le Champ

I'm also not understanding why people think she might be mocking mental health issues dbdnnfnd
she's literally advocating. I'm assuming they do not recall her clap back era? The Snapchats? I knew then that something wasn't right. To see her in this space now and working through her healing just makes me so...:stressed:

Demm_

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:35:13 PM
I'm also not understanding why people think she might be mocking mental health issues dbdnnfnd
she's literally advocating. I'm assuming they do not recall her clap back era? The Snapchats? I knew then that something wasn't right. To see her in this space now and working through her healing just makes me so...:stressed:
Pee...I really think I'm IN.
:stressed:

Arcstrider

I'd rather her collaborate with The Weeknd as opposed to Drake, honestly. I know they're similar, but The Weeknd has a better overall sound and quality of music. Drake has been a little stale lately.

⚡ Flow like lightning. Strike like thunder. 🌀

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;
the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

Vonc2002

Bran and Pamper SHAT. The only thing I would change about B7 is the mixing on some songs and toss High Heels. Everything else is perfect and I'm tf PLEASED :feelinmyself:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Le Champ

Quote from: Demm_ on July 31, 2020, 09:36:17 PM
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 09:35:13 PM
Pee...I really think I'm IN.
:stressed:

Karin...this album is just IT for me. I was so nervous. I was scared about her songwriting, playing with song structures, Pamper. But when I let it play and be wtf it IS...I am just in LOVE. This unorthodox queen has caused another SHIFT in how I interpret mus'. It's like you can HEAR the awakening.
:loose2when: :loose2when: :loose2when: :loose2when: