Syrai "Not About You" 4/26/24 UPDATED

Started by Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾, March 29, 2024, 05:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summertime

I was just listening to Nothing Without You. Would love another Disney duet by she and her mom.

I can't wait to buy this newest single by her. Brandy really did such a good job with her. She goes to school, does her music, and never appears to be caught up in no mess.

Summertime

March 31, 2024, 09:02:02 AM #31 Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 09:38:30 AM by Summertime
Quote from: Rxxf on March 30, 2024, 09:36:32 AMI wish Brandy didn't care about a proper roll out for music.

Wish we could have multiple EPs a year.

Me as well, but since she is done with personal music maybe she will be doing more soundtrack songs. Her versatility always makes her soundtrack songs hit.

Ready to hear what her ear picks up for like a Marvel movie fight scene. The tone (s), approach, and textures she would use & how she would interpret the production and arrangement for such a scene.

Even how would she breathe in a song like that lol. The breathing she does on Focus still is the best part of the song. It aligns with the lyrics.

demitri.petty

Why the hell are y'all are saying Bran is done with music? I can't see her just being done with music. It's only been 4 years since B7 and less than 6 months for the Christmas album  :hmph:

BrandyFromTheFuture

Quote from: Summertime on March 31, 2024, 09:02:02 AM
Quote from: Rxxf on March 30, 2024, 09:36:32 AMI wish Brandy didn't care about a proper roll out for music.

Wish we could have multiple EPs a year.

Me as well, but since she is done with personal music maybe she will be doing more soundtrack songs. Her versatility always makes her soundtrack songs hit.

Ready to hear what her ear picks up for like a Marvel movie fight scene. The tone (s), approach, and textures she would use & how she would interpret the production and arrangement for such a scene.

Even how would she breathe in a song like that lol. The breathing she does on Focus still is the best part of the song. It aligns with the lyrics.
why

Ma Lo

March 31, 2024, 05:06:39 PM #34 Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:15:16 PM by Ma Lo
Syrai sing very average  to me but I admire her effort and her desire to learn more and I loved that first single but no

GYNandTONIC

I honestly don't think Brandy fans are the best audience for her music. She has to find her own people which I believe she will.

Vocally she can stand next to Sza, Summer, Muni, Jhene, Normani, and a couple others. She just needs to find a sound that doesn't keep her mother in mind. Trying to be the next Brandy will do her no favors

opha lipa

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on March 31, 2024, 06:30:19 PMVocally she can stand next to Sza, Summer, Muni, Jhene, Normani, and a couple others. She just needs to find a sound that doesn't keep her mother in mind. Trying to be the next Brandy will do her no favors

she's undoubtedly a talented vocalist, though i haven't heard an offering from her that would put her in the same category as some of those gors you mentioned.

but i don't even think it's an issue of her catering to bran fans. her song choices are just genuinely awful imo. i know the gors are saying bran is involved, so i'm thinking the ghans are right when they say bran just doesn't have that producer's ear. maybe syrai is the same and just needs a dope producer like bran had
think that imma fall for an illu-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-sion

Justice Jackson

Rai has an excellent ear for harmonies, but her leads are lacking. I would put her on the level of a teen Disney girl or a cast member on glee. She needs to learn to emote well and be more present on a track to be considered an artist. She's far too vanilla. But I've liked a lot of the songs I've heard from her because she does sound like brandy...and she tends to have this early 2000s flair that comes from her relation to her mom and the fact that she loves her mom's music

I think as far as pure skill she could stand next to a summer walker, and there are similarities actually. But as boring as summer seems and weird as she is, she has something special. It's more than just the sad girl lyrics
Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

yearofbrandy

I'm probably gonna get banned for this but I don't like her voice at all. The backgrounds vocals sound good but it's something about her voice I don't like. IMO she just sounds off key but also you can tell can sing too. Idk but this is no disrespect to her. Just saying.....

NEW MOON

March 31, 2024, 09:16:19 PM #39 Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 09:20:08 PM by NEW MOON
Quote from: demitri.petty on March 31, 2024, 03:26:09 PMWhy the hell are y'all are saying Bran is done with music? I can't see her just being done with music. It's only been 4 years since B7 and less than 6 months for the Christmas album  :hmph:

Even if she releases an album it's gonna be the same routine...

the lip syncing, the backtracks, the stale videos, stale performances, Frank Gatson and his dated ideas, wack Sikora, lame Camper, over produced vocals...

It will take an act of divine intervention for there to be some kind of fresh and vibrant energy around another project.

Summertime

Quote from: demitri.petty on March 31, 2024, 03:26:09 PMWhy the hell are y'all are saying Bran is done with music? I can't see her just being done with music. It's only been 4 years since B7 and less than 6 months for the Christmas album  :hmph:

I was just going through her non-album releases over the past 4 years and she really has dropped a lot of material. Plus, bc of her ear and the fact that she is an interpretative singer each song is a different vocal experience.

I was thinking that she doing what she is supposed to. Be rich and do what she wants in life and work when she feels like it.

NEW MOON

Quote from: yearofbrandy on March 31, 2024, 09:06:07 PMI'm probably gonna get banned for this but I don't like her voice at all. The backgrounds vocals sound good but it's something about her voice I don't like. IMO she just sounds off key but also you can tell can sing too. Idk but this is no disrespect to her. Just saying.....

I agree. She can sing but Idk why she's choosing to sing in this nasally pitch. There was a song she previewed a few weeks ago where she wasn't singing like that.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Dee

'Rai's voice has time to mature. She's only 21.

But yes, she doesn't sing nasally and with a white valley gorl accent. I appreciate how confident she is in her upper register(I wish Bran was this confident)

DopeSoul.

Quote from: yearofbrandy on March 31, 2024, 09:06:07 PMI'm probably gonna get banned for this but I don't like her voice at all. The backgrounds vocals sound good but it's something about her voice I don't like. IMO she just sounds off key but also you can tell can sing too. Idk but this is no disrespect to her. Just saying.....
n

Boy ain't nobody banning you