DDEHDHDHDHDD Tomato TOMATO! 🍅

Started by STUNNA GOD, August 10, 2022, 11:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FRANCE

STUNNA GOD

DHDDNDNDNNDNDNDNNDFNFNFNFNDNRNDNDJ

Y'all so damn TRIGGERED. She didn't know who the FUCK this fat ass girl was and y'all obviously just gonna have to DEAL.

shante smith

August 11, 2022, 08:04:16 PM #33 Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:17:19 PM by Brazilian Milkshake
some people find this whole thing funny
some people don't

i dont know a lot about this kathy woman so meh.

and yes precious is a negative character in general but it still goes back to gabby and how she looks because she was chosen for the part because of her phenotype as an unambiguously black, dark complected larger woman. they were very intentional in doing that and even made a point of blatantly contrasting her to others who didn't look like her at all in the movie to really drive the optics of it all home.

it goes way deeper than a screech or urkel tea.

i don't think every person who's laughing at this needs to ask themselves some questions but there may be some who do - especially based on what some of them are saying in those comments

that's all.

Cowgirl

August 11, 2022, 08:11:23 PM #34 Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:21:02 PM by Big Barbie
To me, Precious is obviously fat and black but I think the humor surrounding that name goes beyond looks. I would say the funniness stems from the comedy of how the film was taken by the audience and also the character's reactions/lifestyle.

FRANCE

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on August 11, 2022, 07:46:06 PMDHDDNDNDNNDNDNDNNDFNFNFNFNDNRNDNDJ

Y'all so damn TRIGGERED. She didn't know who the FUCK this fat ass girl was and y'all obviously just gonna have to DEAL.

:kii:  :kii: 

shante smith

August 11, 2022, 08:22:00 PM #36 Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 08:22:31 PM by Brazilian Milkshake
Quote from: Big Barbie on August 11, 2022, 08:11:23 PMTo me, Precious is obviously fat and black but I think the humor surrounding that name goes beyond looks. I would say the humor stems from the comedy of how the film was taken by the audience and also the character's reactions/lifestyle.
yes her running with the bucket of fried chicken was funny

but to act as if someone looking like gabby isn't a punchline and kii cackle in itself to many ignorant people - thus contributing a LOT to the entire joke of "precious! LMAO!!! omg heelair" would be a little naive .

Luxury

The selective outrage is a ki.

!racist !white fag

The virtue signaling is late...

Like y'all have never laughed at a Precious joke or a Precious comparison...

Like y'all have never laughed at Gabourey and the way she looks or her weight...

Delete ur twitter accounts girls... :justabit:

shante smith

August 11, 2022, 10:48:47 PM #38 Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:56:20 PM by Brazilian Milkshake
Quote from: Luxury on August 11, 2022, 10:34:48 PMLike y'all have never laughed at Gabourey and the way she looks or her weight...

i see where ur going but if u are indeed talking about JUST laughing at the way gabby looks

u can't speak for everyone.

there are gonna be people who just don't find hilarity in "the way she looks" in itself.

it's not about "virtue signaling".

for me personally, she actually reminds me a lot of kelly price in her larger days.
very "soul of a woman"era. anyone who knows me knows i am a godly price stan.
i found her to be exceptionally beautiful, feminine and sensual even at her biggest.

so i get what ur saying, but try not to speak for everyone.

FRANCE

August 11, 2022, 10:49:29 PM #39 Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:52:21 PM by FRANCE
Quote from: Luxury on August 11, 2022, 10:34:48 PMThe selective outrage is a ki.

!racist !white fag

Like y'all have never laughed at Gabourey and the way she looks or her weight...

Precisely  :plzstop:  :plzstop:  :plzstop:

Like, they do it ALL the time here on this forum but wanna take the moral high ground now. Listen, the shit is funny. Its an old woman who is out of touch w/ pop culture who is aware of Precious thinking that photo may be Fatzo. The same way my grandmother says fucked up shit today being mad oblivious about shit, but just says what the fuck is on her mind with no regrets.

Not every little thing is about race. She probably woulda saw a picture of a plus sized Mama June and called her Adele.

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Luxury on August 11, 2022, 10:34:48 PMThe selective outrage is a ki.

!racist !white fag

BSJSJDJDJDJDJDJRHRHDJFJRRJJRRD

D
D
D

D
R
R
R
DR

shante smith

August 11, 2022, 11:13:57 PM #41 Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 11:56:17 PM by Brazilian Milkshake
https://twitter.com/GabbySidibe/status/628011583784882177

:stressed:

im 100% sure GODly sees a lil of herself in gabby.

https://twitter.com/Omorede_/status/357393861288525824

https://twitter.com/TurnedUPTone/status/12801760775

i agree. beautiful, feminine, sensual. nothing funny about what GODly gave/gives the gorls.
embodying every bit of what it means to be a big beautiful black woman.

b7

Quote from: Brazilian Milkshake on August 11, 2022, 06:37:53 PMI'm side eyeing this weird white ho Kathy whoever she is

But with all the surrounding laughter from all sides There's an underlying tea of "precious omf lmaoooooooo" ..,

that caption of "no she didn't lmao!!!"
And comments like "She didn't have to do ha like that lmaooooo omf so wrong !"

Like it's just so hilarious or even an insult  to resemble or be mistaken for someone like gabby.

And I'm referring to the Insta comments I'm reading under the post

Some of us may need to just ask ourselves why this is so funny.

that caption is pure mess

RAY7

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on August 11, 2022, 07:46:06 PMDHDDNDNDNNDNDNDNNDFNFNFNFNDNRNDNDJ

why didn't she just say "I don't know" and leave it at that then? Lizzo does not resemble Gabourey