Highest first-week sales on the Billboard 200 by Black Female Artists this centu

Started by Lazarus, April 08, 2024, 04:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amazing

Quote from: Lazarus on April 08, 2024, 08:49:44 PM
Quote from: Dee on April 08, 2024, 08:35:21 PMI'm quite shocked to see Keyshia perched up here.

No wonder why Mary used to sideeye ha

I'm not shocked. During the Just Like You era and A Different Me era she had people championing fer her hard.

Plus Let It Go was everywhere. Always getting played on the radio.

Mary was side eying her cos Geffen was trying to replace her with Keyshia.

By the time Each Tear was being made all the hot tracks were going to Keyshia and Mary was getting the 2 single treatment with an album that was double platinum in 2 months and had loads of singles and a hot Usher duet.

Amazing

Quote from: ....ok. on April 08, 2024, 08:56:01 PM
Quote from: Amazing on April 08, 2024, 08:53:22 PM
Quote from: ....ok. on April 08, 2024, 04:57:13 PM
Quote from: Cowgirl on April 08, 2024, 04:53:17 PM
Quote from: Cowboy Nine on April 08, 2024, 04:43:35 PMBeyonce on here 8 times and Mariah on here twice.

Mothers.

The list is about BLACK women, not sure why she's suddenly grouped into these convos.
funny thing is no one will question Alicia but people will question mariah

Jfjfjfjfj

Although they're both half black and half white .

Just goes to show a lot of mess is based on looks

And I guess it doesn't help that Mariah loves to stay in a blond wig and act like a baywatch bimbo.

Mariah's dad may have identified as black but he was light skinned and probably had as much white DNA as an Alicia Keys.
im sure alicia isnt a perfect 50/50 split either - genetically .

but i see what u mean.

I didn't say she was babe.

Lazarus

Quote from: Amazing on April 08, 2024, 08:59:07 PM
Quote from: Dee on April 08, 2024, 08:35:21 PMI'm quite shocked to see Keyshia perched up here.

I'm not shocked. During the Just Like You era and A Different Me era she had people championing fer her hard.

By the time Each Tear was being made all the hot tracks were going to Keyshia and Mary was getting the 2 single treatment with an album that was double platinum in 2 months and had loads of singles and a hot Usher duet.

If Mary did feel some kind of way I don't know why because when Keyshia returned. She came with this bullshit and started losing her momentum and track record. She redeemed herself with Enough of No Love though.

Amazing

Quote from: Lazarus on April 08, 2024, 09:07:04 PM
Quote from: Amazing on April 08, 2024, 08:59:07 PM

If Mary did feel some kind of way I don't know why because when Keyshia returned. She came with this bullshit and started losing her momentum and track record. She redeemed herself with Enough of No Love though.

Mary was salty during Let it Go/Heaven Sent/I Remember eras.