Nike is closing all of its stores in America.

Started by herbie, March 15, 2020, 08:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbie

Nike is closing all of its stores in the US because of the coronavirus outbreak

Nike is closing all of its stores in the U.S., along with other parts of the world, to try to curb the spread of the new coronavirus, the company said Sunday morning.

Its locations across the U.S., Canada, Western Europe, Australia and New Zealand will close from Monday through March 27, the company said.

Workers will still be paid in full during this time off, a spokeswoman confirmed to CNBC.

Meantime, Nike is still keeping open its stores in South Korea, Japan, most of China and in "many other countries," the company said, based on daily assessments of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Nike joins a growing list of companies taking similar measures. Retailers including Patagonia, Apple, Warby Parker, Urban Outfitters, Glossier and Allbirds are shutting their stores in the U.S. Walmart and Lululemon are among the retailers that are limiting store hours. In Italy and France, all non-essential retail has been ordered to be shut down.

Nike had 384 retail stores in the U.S., including Converse and its outlet locations, at the end of 2019, according to SEC filings. Internationally, it had more than 750 locations.

There have been more than 156,000 cases of the new coronavirus reported globally, according to the latest data from Johns Hopkins University, with at least 5,833 deaths.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/15/nike-is-closing-all-of-its-stores-in-the-us-because-of-coronavirus.html

fedswatchin

I honestly didn't know they had stores :dead: might as well close em for good, like how other brick n morters r doing

fedswatchin

Quote from: heir. on March 15, 2020, 09:33:20 AM
Quote from: sowhat on March 15, 2020, 09:31:16 AM
I honestly didn't know they had stores :dead: might as well close em for good, like how other brick n morters r doing
]\[;.l,kpm0o
j-pih'0ou9g7yvfgtv y'bpnm

After reading the article I was thinking that too ..like do ya'll have a lot of them to close?

Any time I think of a place to buy Nike mess, Foot Locker is the first place that comes to mind tbh

not that I bother purchasing their mess or anything
vvvcccc right, like, I didn't know the athleisure game was so tough or maybe it's not because even then my mind goes to Lulu Lemon or Fabletics. But somehow everybody turns up wearing a Nike somethin

Not Nike flopping in pure sales and goin plat in streams

Dr Naomi Campbell

reekz

Nike stores are in a lot of upscale malls and outlets. Yes, they have a lot. 

fedswatchin

Quote from: Selassie on March 15, 2020, 09:38:13 AM
Guys Nike stores are big business
i can't imagine stepping into that situation for any reason. Are they hotspots for people into sports and physical activity? I'm not that

reekz

Quote from: sowhat on March 15, 2020, 09:43:04 AM
i can't imagine stepping into that situation for any reason. Are they hotspots for people into sports and physical activity? I'm not that

They aren't around Ross, TJ Max and mess. Probably why you never ran into one bby. 

fedswatchin

Quote from: Big Jimmy on March 15, 2020, 09:47:01 AM
Quote from: sowhat on March 15, 2020, 09:43:04 AM

They aren't around Ross, TJ Max and mess. Probably why you never ran into one bby.
I shop for pretty much everything online and it always fits

Can you fit into a job application with your dirty broke ass? Lemme know

ophmani

vvvvvvvvvvvbbnnnnnn

like what ROCK are they living under  :uhh:
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

MelMel

Quote from: heir. on March 15, 2020, 09:45:53 AM
Quote from: Big Jimmy on March 15, 2020, 09:39:54 AM
This makes sense - the only ones I saw listed here in NYC are in places like Soho, Flat Iron, etc. MAnhattan basically.
And there are only about 4 locations.

I grew up in Queens where Foot Locker was the place to go.

Which would explain why I was drawing a blank for a minute. sdsdsdd
you never been to the one on 57th Street in Manhattan bby?

also I'm elite

MelMel

Quote from: heir. on March 15, 2020, 12:35:56 PM
Quote from: MelMel on March 15, 2020, 12:32:32 PM
Quote from: heir. on March 15, 2020, 09:45:53 AM
Quote from: Big Jimmy on March 15, 2020, 09:39:54 AM
This makes sense - the only ones I saw listed here in NYC are in places like Soho, Flat Iron, etc. MAnhattan basically.
And there are only about 4 locations.

I grew up in Queens where Foot Locker was the place to go.

Which would explain why I was drawing a blank for a minute. sdsdsdd
you never been to the one on 57th Street in Manhattan bby?

also I'm elite
i'm honestly not a fan of nike

sfsfffsf
hey there's nothing wrong with that

Alpha

ton

It seems so normal here
I've seen like 3 people in masks, meanwhile they're trying to make it seem like everyone is walking on eggshells

reekz

Quote from: Alpha on March 15, 2020, 12:38:24 PM

:dead: right

They're in most malls I go to

Boy shut up

You live by a church's chicken