vocaroo fun! let your voice be heard!

Started by tigernathan, April 13, 2016, 02:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 13, 2016, 04:05:46 PM
When the narrator said "even Don Cheadle..." why did I think he was about say "...who is as Black as hell thought he had some Indian in him" :kii:
:kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii: :kii:

H.#.G.*.Z

LOONA.

Because it's seen as "exotic" or whatever. So silly

I've always identified as black for the for the most part because I relate to it better. If someone asks me my background I'm not gonna duck and dodge though.

Glenda

Quote from: Drais. on April 13, 2016, 05:28:59 PM
If someone asks me my background I'm not gonna duck and dodge though.

I just spilled my Communion drink

Gilgamesh.

Cause we don't see ourselves as valuable enough.

Ugh, i get angry just thinking about it..

Real

Quote from: Drais. on April 13, 2016, 05:28:59 PM
Because it's seen as "exotic" or whatever. So silly

I've always identified as black for the for the most part because I relate to it better. If someone asks me my background I'm not gonna duck and dodge though.

Kaeli.

Herb.

Sometimes I feel we see anyone celebrating other than black is seen as them trying to be "better". People were fuming about Beyonc?s Makeup commercial but I love that she's proud of her mothers and grandmothers heritage. It's theirs . Creole is such a rich culture with loads of history. People of color in positions of power and with status. It's more than an ethnic admixture.

Those who feel people are trying to be better need to evaluate their perceptions of their race. And why they feel these groups are "better" to begin with. Cuz Black is beautiful. And strong.

Herb.

Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on April 13, 2016, 03:12:07 PM
People don't wanna be classified as just AA. We want a little more of that linage that was stripped from us since slavery. Herb cam tell you more.
:cheerup:

Now there are some people who will literally grasp at straws claiming mess that is probably centuries away and untraceable.
But I'd say if the heritage lies fully in a parent, or grandparent .this is a huge part of who you are. It's half or a quarter.

Knowing the history is important as well. if you have mixed heritage, do you know where each part comes from? Do u know where these ancestors met? Or are u claiming it just to claim it?

Cuz u might be claiming mess from a slavemaster and not even know it. "Part Irish!!!! Hehe!!!! " Don't hoop and hooray about it until you understand it.

DNA means nothing if you don't take time to connect the dots. Which is why I always say it's a START.

Young

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 13, 2016, 05:50:38 PM

!!!!

When it's really the EXACT opposite Omfff

DraeDrizzl3

Sometimes I feel it is an obsession and sometimes I feel like it could be an identity crisis. Like someone else said, a lot of us don't want to just be seen as AA's because we have been taught that we have no value and neither did our ancestors.

Other times, people just want to know how they came to be. It's pretty silly to think that anyone is 100% anything. Some have seen deceased relatives and have been told things about a part of their culture that they want to learn more about.

A lot people also don't care. I never really put much thought into ancestry until I saw yall getting into it. I always knew my granny and her siblings were creole but she never identified as it. I remember seeing a picture of my great grandparents and her dad looked like his name should have been fucking Pablo  :kii:

As I got older, I was like "Wait, was my great granny his slave?"
:udontlookok:
She looked fucking pissed in all of their pics  :dead: And since I never got to ask my granny that, I wonder about how we came to be today sometimes  :dead:

But iono, she never explored it and she was a direct descendant so I don't know the importance of me doing it when I prolly barely have that in my blood. Nobody second guessing my blackness anyway :dead: It's dope that people have that option today tho.

SUPREME

n

Yah I know where half of my ancestry originates

And the other half, is disgustingly mixed

I'm not very interested.

Young

this siggy preme

dssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

tigernathan

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 13, 2016, 05:50:38 PM

:stressed: ding! ding! ding!

Herb.

Some people make it all about just knowing the racial group, or simply being proud of an admixture. Which is very ignorant, and insecure IMO if I'm being honest.... Instead of the history, when it comes to people knowing and claiming their identities.

I'm proud of my ancestry.

The Dumas family has such a rich history, starting in Saint Domingue (which is now Hispaniola).

Thomas Alexander Dumas was the highest ranking man of African descent in any European army.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas-Alexandre_Dumas

Alexandre Dumas is the writer and creator of "The Three Musketeers".
http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2014/06/did_a_black_man_give_us_the_three_musketeers_1.html

Great Great Grandma Caroline Dumas, well she just sat there and SLAYED. :justabit:

My family really has a legacy both starting in Hispanoila and in the states. Someone's discomfort with my well researched identity is not my issue. It's theirs. And theirs only. Cuz I couldn't care less. sss

:stressed:

'ology

Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!