Jennifer Lopez - "Ain't Your Mama" on iTunes & Spotify!

Started by FAMÈ, April 06, 2016, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FAMÈ

Quote from: Herbie on April 06, 2016, 10:32:54 PM
why do i feel a hint of appropriation with this title.....i'm not using.
ur barely close to the spanish gorls Jennifer....let alone us blacks.
shes not getting a pass. and im not fucking clapping.
assddfffggggghhhhghhh

Herb.

I'm tired of gorls outside of our community freely and playfully using Ebonics.
Maybe if it wasn't a result of our lack of education as slaves I would find it cute.

This is how some of us really talk, it's the only way many of us know. It's not funny.

Boomz

hhcc

The fact that some of y'all are goin uhp for this let's me know I'm right in thinkin this is terr'

Vonc2002

Im sorry but :dead:
So now mama is an exclusively "black" word? :kii:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Herb.

There are some Latinos and Latinas who actually grew up in the culture and use them as second nature. And use Ebonics. I get that and it's fine.
But J-Lo does not speak like this on a regular basis.

Opposites Attract.

Quote from: Boomer on April 06, 2016, 10:39:29 PM
hhcc

The fact that some of y'all are goin uhp for this let's me know I'm right in thinkin this is terr'

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Boomz

Quote from: Herbie on April 06, 2016, 10:38:45 PM
Maybe if it wasn't a result of our lack of education as slaves I would find it cute.

This is how some of us really talk, it's the only way many of us know. It's not funny.

I don't think this falls under ebonics. And Blacks aren't the only ones who butcher the English language.

Vonc2002

The south is FILLED with white people who use mama. If anything mother is just the formal version and hardly anyone uses that unless their in a particular type of company, like gtfoh :kii:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Herb.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 06, 2016, 10:39:52 PM
Allow me to spell it out.

It's not the word itself, it's the sentence structure and the phrase.
"Ain't your mama" is Ebonics. Improper English which is widely used in the Black community passed down generationally stemming from slavery.

Have you read a passage from one of slaves diaries? This is how they spoke and wrote.
And it's handed down from them to our great grandparents, grandparents, etc. And eventually down to us, as part of our culture.

I'm not fucking clapping. JLo I use you but no ma'am.
Not listening to it and I hope it flops.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Boomer on April 06, 2016, 10:41:40 PM

I don't think this falls under ebonics. And Blacks aren't the only ones who butcher the English language.
Im CRYING tbfh :kii:

Cowboy Nine

get her

taco flavoured kisses self

Herb.

Quote from: Boomer on April 06, 2016, 10:41:40 PM

I see, so Sarah is the one walking around saying "I Ain't yo mama".

Got it.

FINE.

hshsndndnd
S
S

Vonc2002

Quote from: Herbie on April 06, 2016, 10:42:55 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 06, 2016, 10:39:52 PM
Allow me to spell it out.

It's not the word itself, it's the sentence structure and the phrase.
"Ain't your mama" is Ebonics. Improper English which is widely used in the Black community passed down generationally stemming from slavery.
So outside of black people every other race uses proper english and wouldn't use the phrase "aint your mama"? :kii:
There are real issues out here and this aint one of em, tears.

BAPHOMET.

:omgwatshappening: Im so confused right now. But it might be because its kinda late.
But...