Things you wish you'd had done differently?

Started by Kurama, July 26, 2016, 01:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurama

Quote from: whatever on July 26, 2016, 04:03:13 PM
I have a lot of regrets. A lot of shit I wish I could do over/restart etc.. I wish I had some type of crystal ball that let me see into the future nnnn

But hey that's life

Hey love. Feel free to share! No judgement from me at least.

DVDDY.

I regret not standing up for my cousin when she was pregnant in high school. We were really close growing up and I should have supported her when the family ostracized. Then again, I was young too and struggling to deal with my own "taboo". We reconnected now and I love that boy but I still wish I was there from the jump.

BranLover

July 26, 2016, 07:49:51 PM #63 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:18:02 PM by TAE!
:stressed:

Real

I had a stupid falling out with a friend over money last year. We never patched it up and he ended up passing away unexpectedly this year. I regret being so stubborn and missing out on what turned out to be his last few months. Still fucks with me.

yummy

Quote from: Don Draper on July 26, 2016, 07:54:01 PM
I had a stupid falling out with a friend over money last year. We never patched it up and he ended up passing away unexpectedly this year. I regret being so stubborn and missing out on what turned out to be his last few months. Still fucks with me.

aww man  :stressed:

if you don't mind me asking, how did he pass?

Rxxf

Omg.
I pray that you get through those feelings with peace in the end.
Thanks for sharing that. It helps to stay mindful of those you love.
BRANDY

Rxxf

July 26, 2016, 07:58:34 PM #69 Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 08:02:35 PM by Ralf
I'm really thinking of something I would have done differently...
But even the WORST of times, looking back, it helped me get to where I am now.
And I'm at peace.

It's conflicting to consider changing any events.
BRANDY

Real

Quote from: Ralf on July 26, 2016, 07:57:14 PM
It helps to stay mindful of those you love.

!
That situation really knocked some sense into me and made me evaluate how I move in certain situations.

Rxxf

Quote from: Don Draper on July 26, 2016, 08:01:58 PM
Quote from: Ralf on July 26, 2016, 07:57:14 PM
It helps to stay mindful of those you love.

!
That situation really knocked some sense into me and made me evaluate how I move in certain situations.

It wasn't in vain.
I know it doesn't help any.
But you made you a different person. For the better.
And we're all a work in progress.
BRANDY

GRAND

Rxxf

I've never experienced a loss of someone close to me yet...
But my cherish and being grateful for every moment with loved ones changed when I had a conversation with my friend years go.

When I lived at home, my mother would always come home and call out my name to see if I was ok. To see if I was breathing, alive, blinking... The whole nine. Lol. Just a worrisome mom. :wub:  It used to annoy me to no end, tho. :uhh: :dead:

And um, I was on the phone with my friend (who had loss his mother years ago before I met him)... and when she yelled out my name, I said "Ugh, I can't take ha. I can't wait to move." And his response to me was... "I'd give ANYTHING for my mother to come home and call out my name..."

That statement was so powerful. It never left me. It hit me hard. There I was complaining about my mother always checking on me. And my friend didn't have a mother to check on him. That was my wake up call to appreciate those around me while they are here. Been that way ever since.
BRANDY

MelMel

:'( :'( :'(