Kanye West Fires Back at Kid Cudi: 'Don't Ever Mention 'Ye Name. I Birthed You'

Started by Lazarus, September 15, 2016, 02:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

When Kid Cudi took shots at Kanye West with a long string of passionate tweets Wednesday afternoon, he had to expect the outspoken MC was going to fire back -- and 'Ye wasted no time putting him on blast.

During Wednesday night's Saint Pablo Tour stop in Tampa, Florida, Yeezy abruptly stopped the music in the middle of "I Don't Like" to address Cudi directly:

"Kid Cudi, don't ever mention 'Ye name. I birthed you. We all dealing with that emo shit all the time -- me, Pat, Don C. Don't ever mention 'Ye name. Don't try to say who I can do songs with. You mad 'cause I'm doing songs with Drake? Ain't nobody telling 'Ye who to do songs with! Respect the God!"

Kanye West signed Cudi to his G.O.O.D. Music label in 2008 after hearing the MC's first official full-length project, the A Kid Named Cudi mixtape. Cudi left the label in 2013.

At his Wednesday night concert, 'Ye said he felt "disrespected" by Cudi's recent tweets: "You know how many people wish they could be signed to G.O.O.D. Music, get they life changed? Have that opportunity? Never forget that. I'm so hurt. I feel so disrespected. Kid Cudi, we're two black men in a racist world. I wore skinny jeans first. I got called names before you, bruh. Why y'all got to come at me? This ain't the end of the Malcolm X movie. I'm out here fighting for y'all: creatives, artists, independent thinkers. Don?t never mention my name in a bad manner. None of y?all!?

Earlier in the day, Kid Cudi used Twitter to express his frustration with other hip-hop artists, writing, "I've been loyal to those who haven't been to me and that ends now. Now I'm your threat."

Cudi specifically called out 'Ye and Drake, saying, "These n---as dont give a f--- about me. And they aint f---in with me."

Cudi is readying his sixth studio album, Passion, Pain & Demon Slayin'. Since the spring, he has released a few tracks from the upcoming LP, including "The Frequency," "All In" and "Goodbye."

D.I.E.G.O.

MAY

GRAND

D.I.E.G.O.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

KING BENTLEY.

:dead:
Oh now it makes sense, I had kinda forgot he and Drake were predicted to take over together

Cudi clearly didn't like the joint alber news :kii:

H.#.G.*.Z

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: GRAND on September 15, 2016, 03:03:49 PM

wooo GODmih
last batch of good looking rappers tbh

And the last batch of all around talented ones. I didn't know until recently Jeremih freestyles all his hits in the studio. He has dozens of catchy songs just sitting on various producers hard drives. He's so freakin talented, definition of a hitmaker.

H.#.G.*.Z