Club Shay Shay interview with Amanda Seales

Started by Cowgirl, April 24, 2024, 06:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedOctober

Quote from: NEW MOON on April 24, 2024, 10:27:38 PMSo Issa is a fake, phony, passive aggressive bitch

I knew it.

Not too much on Issa. Amanda has little to no self-awareness and she's long-winded as hell. Even Shannon was trying to refocus her attention to get to the point of the story. Amanda is like that annoying neighbor that everybody avoids. She can't help that she's autistic and annoying though. Poor thing.

NEW MOON

April 25, 2024, 12:03:57 AM #31 Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 12:05:19 AM by NEW MOON
Quote from: RedOctober on April 24, 2024, 11:54:57 PM
Quote from: NEW MOON on April 24, 2024, 10:27:38 PMSo Issa is a fake, phony, passive aggressive bitch

I knew it.

Not too much on Issa. Amanda has little to no self-awareness and she's long-winded as hell. Even Shannon was trying to refocus her attention to get to the point of the story. Amanda is like that annoying neighbor that everybody avoids. She can't help that she's autistic and annoying though. Poor thing.

Her being annoying and long winded doesn't invalidate her experience with Issa's poor leadership and lack of empathy.

Did you watch the full interview? 

Shannon also wasn't prepared and thought her mother was white and that Amanda was still doing a show with Kevin Hart that was two years ago.

The Brandy Barbie

Quote from: Cowgirl on April 24, 2024, 08:00:15 PM
Quote from: Buy The Stars✨ on April 24, 2024, 07:50:25 PMill pass on this one. she is so unlikable and always fuming.
Outspoken black women tend to always get labeled as unlikable. Are we ready to have that conversation?

It's not that she's outspoken. It's that she's ALWAYS fuming.

NEW MOON

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on April 25, 2024, 12:35:46 AM
Quote from: Buy The Stars✨ on April 24, 2024, 07:50:25 PMill pass on this one. she is so unlikable and always fuming.
Outspoken black women tend to always get labeled as unlikable. Are we ready to have that conversation?

Is that a good reason to be dismissive of someone's poor treatment though?

The Brandy Barbie

I guess I just don't like either of them. Because, yes, she sounds like she's been through some racist experiences just like everyone else black growing up in America. But most of us don't lead with our racism stories. Like he brought up Disney to talk about her career accomplishments, and she shifted right to racism. It almost seemed like she was saying Disney was a racist company. But it was children being bullies. Why is that the most important thing to discuss right now?

Cowgirl

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on April 25, 2024, 12:35:46 AM

Black people should fume more. People dislike her because she doesn't chill and doesn't shy away from uncomfortable conversations.

Gilgamesh.

This is true but half Amanda's co-stars are Black women and they don't like her either  :dead:

Sovereign.

Shannon clearly bites off more than he can chew hen he invites guest like Amanda and Katy Williams onto the show. He clearly does not have the range to have discourse on race and gender politics.  :dead:

Aalumeci.

Boyyyyyy the way she can TALK on and on.

WHO the fuck saw it to write her they way they did in My Brother And Me. Fkn genius djdjdjdjdjhddhdjdhdhdhjdjdhdhdhdhjdd
D

D
D
D

Aalumeci.

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on April 25, 2024, 01:02:40 AMI guess I just don't like either of them. Because, yes, she sounds like she's been through some racist experiences just like everyone else black growing up in America. But most of us don't lead with our racism stories. Like he brought up Disney to talk about her career accomplishments, and she shifted right to racism. It almost seemed like she was saying Disney was a racist company. But it was children being bullies. Why is that the most important thing to discuss right now?

I can def understand this point of view, but I still fuck with her. I listen to her radio show sometimes and she's fun and lighthearted there.

opha lipa

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 25, 2024, 08:57:17 AM

This is true but half Amanda's co-stars are Black women and they don't like her either  :dead:

vvcvvvbvvvvvv !!!!!

like when is the amanda seales criticism going to stop being relegated to "oh she just too real and ppl dont like it"

like NO. she aint the only pro-black personality that keeps it real. she's just INSUFFERABLE.

and it aint even like she's saying anything other pro-black voices haven't already said. they arent getting this response. and she ALSO says dumb, and untrue shit sometimes. couple that with her always fuming, and... ew.
think i'm gonna fall for an illu-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-sion

NEW MOON

April 25, 2024, 03:24:04 PM #42 Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 03:28:23 PM by NEW MOON
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 25, 2024, 08:57:17 AM

....Can Black people in the workplace not make other black people scapegoats? 

Sounds like they ostracized her and were unprofessional in their communication with her.  Her black co-stars aren't above doing such behaviors just because they are black. It seems to be a common theme of black people wanting to create black spaces that are simply just filled with black people but there it no sense of community and they still perpetuate the same toxic workplace environment corporate does.

Which is something she spoke to in the interview.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Aalumeci. on April 25, 2024, 09:16:35 AM
Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on April 25, 2024, 01:02:40 AMI guess I just don't like either of them. Because, yes, she sounds like she's been through some racist experiences just like everyone else black growing up in America. But most of us don't lead with our racism stories. Like he brought up Disney to talk about her career accomplishments, and she shifted right to racism. It almost seemed like she was saying Disney was a racist company. But it was children being bullies. Why is that the most important thing to discuss right now?

I can def understand this point of view, but I still fuck with her. I listen to her radio show sometimes and she's fun and lighthearted there.
She's always lighthearted until someone does/says some bullshit.

BruceTruMusicFan

April 25, 2024, 06:24:26 PM #44 Last Edit: April 25, 2024, 06:25:02 PM by BruceTruMusicFan
Quote from: shante smith on April 24, 2024, 08:14:42 PMMo'nique was too quick to give him a pass on him getting lashed for having his mug up white womens ass

Talking about "he got black kids! And they BLACK BLACK! like no one asking if they Dominican or anything!"

Like there aren't plenty of black men who have their first relationships and kids with unambiguous black women then dump them for an exotical or white women soon as they reach their peak or feel they've reached it.

Facts ! Some of our biggest coons from OJ Simpson, Morgan Freeman to Clarence Thomas have a first set of Black Kids.