M O N I C A - Ack! You wanna talk about a slay???

Started by Young, June 27, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

Quote from: 1RIG on January 15, 2019, 10:52:20 PM
She?s been looking great but the single cover looks so unprofessional

Weird

puzzling as fuck
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: Glock on January 15, 2019, 10:54:11 PM
Quote from: SPARK on January 15, 2019, 10:51:13 PM
Quote from: Glock on January 15, 2019, 10:44:50 PM
Quote from: SPARK on January 15, 2019, 10:44:16 PM
Not a big fan of Monica's, but this song is actually enjoyable and I love how she sounds on it. It just doesn't feel like a new Monica era has begun; that's all.
well she is indie
So things are gonna be different

True.

That's why I'm not with a lot of folks that are craving for Bran to drop something quickly. I want something planned better. Not her releasing something that doesn't catch on quickly, song released to radio 2 months later, music video 2 months after and then an album release delay. Sometimes its just best to plan things properly; single release, video release a week after, televised performance within a couple weeks, a few radio interviews at the least, a #twitter campaign or something and tour announcement. U can be indie and still orchestrate things a bit better.
Eh
That?s the old way
At this point we just want Brandy?s music
The roll out doesn?t truly matter
These girls are 40  :plzstop:

At this point
Just dropped the music and a few visuals

yea
no one gives a shit
BRANDY

b7

Not a big fan of Monica's, but this song is actually enjoyable and I love how she sounds on it. It just doesn't feel like a new Monica era has begun; that's all.
well she is indie

True.

That's why I'm not with a lot of folks that are craving for Bran to drop something quickly. I want something planned better. Not her releasing something that doesn't catch on quickly, song released to radio 2 months later, music video 2 months after and then an album release delay. Sometimes its just best to plan things properly; single release, video release a week after, televised performance within a couple weeks, a few radio interviews at the least, a #twitter campaign or something and tour announcement. U can be indie and still orchestrate things a bit better.
Eh
That?s the old way

At this point
!!! The entire industry/singing community is ready to support her and her Stans/new fans she?s gained even during her break will be there
n

Just drop. The people that don?t care will NEVER care. U can make all the lil plans you want :dead:

Mrd0ndada

Not create a product & but don?t market it so ppl can know abt it
🙄

GLOCK

Quote from: 1RIG on January 15, 2019, 10:58:00 PM
well she is indie

True.

Eh
That?s the old way

At this point
!!! The entire industry/singing community is ready to support her and her Stans/new fans she?s gained even during her break will be there
n

Just drop. The people that don?t care will NEVER care. U can make all the lil plans you want :dead:
Yeah
Plans are dead in the industry

Either they?ll use or they won?t

GLOCK

Quote from: Mrd0ndada on January 15, 2019, 11:01:55 PM
n

Her buzz is so high that she doesn?t need that
Plus the industry is fickle

I think she should go with the flow
That will help ppl connect with her more and feel her more
No one is caring about some radio tour mess
Or any of that other shit

Folks want the music

b7

Quote from: Glock on January 15, 2019, 11:04:00 PM
Quote from: Mrd0ndada on January 15, 2019, 11:01:55 PM
n

Her buzz is so high that she doesn?t need that
Plus the industry is fickle

I think she should go with the flow
That will help ppl connect with her more and feel her more
No one is caring about some radio tour mess
Or any of that other shit

Folks want the music
yea that stuff helps but it aint 2004 anymore

jtwoeleven

I heard it on the radio today at the gas station in someone else?s car. I was gonna switch stations to listen. Is it only being played on a certain format?

b7

Hmmm kinda early to say. she hasn?t really pushed it yet

I?d be surprised if she didn?t have a visual ready soon

Harlem

Yeah people on Bran?s & Mo?s caliber just need everything packaged and ready to roll out all at once...  drop the music, shoot bout 2-3 visuals... and look fuckin GOOD

🦚

Quote from: jtwoeleven on January 15, 2019, 11:44:18 PM
I heard it on the radio today at the gas station in someone else?s car. I was gonna switch stations to listen. Is it only being played on a certain format?

Are you expecting this to be a multi format smash?

The RnB singers are lucky if urban even plays their song and they don?t have to rely on the limited airplay urban AC offers.

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Checkmate Burruss

I'm trying to see what yall expect. This is not that fake eOne kind of independent. This is real deal DAWN type independent. Just Mon, her crew, and her own money. Plus this is her first time going thru the independent motions.
THEY DO ANYDAMNTHANG FUH BSOURCE CLOUT

GYNandTONIC

January 16, 2019, 08:38:56 AM #8667 Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 08:39:44 AM by GYNandTONIC
Yeah, it may not be 2004 but people need something to latch onto. If Bran ever wanted to just throw music at us with nothing to assist it, I?d tell her to keep it.

The whole 90s roll out model is dead, I totally get that. But people should at least see you as the artist make a marketing effort. Whether that?s a Breakfast club interview, a new look, or late night spot. Something!

Truth is if Monica would?ve saved this new approach to fashion and photography for when she had new music to match that alone would?ve been enough to gain some excitement. Being as tho it?s more of the same, even the visual look boring and uninspired.

Bran luckily has TV to kinda bounce off of, and hopefully she will reveal a new look and some professional photography when she is ready to release. Bran can typically snag a few good interviews too.

GYNandTONIC

Songs usually have the most excitement the first week. It would be smart to maximize that.