M O N I C A - Ack! You wanna talk about a slay???

Started by Young, June 27, 2015, 05:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

March 12, 2020, 01:31:00 PM #13425 Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:31:35 PM by GLOCK
Quote from: Scott. on March 12, 2020, 01:27:00 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on March 12, 2020, 01:23:58 PM
Quote from: Scott. on March 12, 2020, 01:20:47 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on March 12, 2020, 11:55:21 AM
I've always wanted to feel close to Monica musically but that's one thing about her .. she isn't vulnerable or bare musically

she has nice songs but because of her real schtick  you would think the music would feel more like her
!!!!!!

That's exactly how l feel now as l get older
it definitely took me growing up and going through my own ups and downs and realizing how impersonal her music resonates
Yes she has a few ghetto moments but eh .. it's larger than that

I knew you'd understand tho king

Being a keyshia and a Mary
Yesssss. Whenever I'm going through something, those two are my go to, and l know you don't use, but K as well. They really bare it all and that's why l love them
well bby I might not use but when my sis did "maybe I should call"

That bitch bared her soul and her ego on that mess

That bitch said "even when you're here ur not with me"

Wtff

That shit is soooooooooo heartfelt
We've all been there

"She's having a child I should've carried"

Bittttt

Young

March 12, 2020, 01:32:46 PM #13426 Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:34:03 PM by Young
Quote from: GLOCK on March 12, 2020, 01:26:48 PM
Quote from: Young on March 12, 2020, 01:21:54 PM
I mean what is she talking about here ?

Sounds like she's kinda snapping

it sounds anthem-ish
It doesn't sound like "mother fucker we were together forever and I had to smack a few Instagram bitches to get them off u.. I pulled a knife on that bitch for you.. u broke me and treated me like I'm not fucking monica.. broke unemployed faggot"

Like how dont u know the difference

This sounds like a "ladies sing along" please song

There's a difference babes

So basically you're saying you want to know every little detail of what happened in her marriage  :dead:

Because this is still pretty specific as to how she was feeling
And how she vented on the show about being equally yoked
And I mean ,
I get you feel Keyshia and Mary have no shame living every detail of their lives in the open ; Mon isn't that girl.
She's the one who finds the balance in hitting on those subjects; tapping into her personal experiences to emote the feeling of the song; all while protecting her personal life and family from judgement and all that comes with the music business .

I don't see how that's an issue.

So Gone is one of those examples ; and that came from a real phone conversation .
So you're reaching a bit when you say Mon's music is totally generic like Whitney's . Because I agree that that was a downfall to Whitney's music.

GLOCK

March 12, 2020, 01:40:42 PM #13427 Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:41:47 PM by GLOCK
Quote from: Young on March 12, 2020, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on March 12, 2020, 01:26:48 PM
Quote from: Young on March 12, 2020, 01:21:54 PM
I mean what is she talking about here ?

Sounds like she's kinda snapping

it sounds anthem-ish
It doesn't sound like "mother fucker we were together forever and I had to smack a few Instagram bitches to get them off u.. I pulled a knife on that bitch for you.. u broke me and treated me like I'm not fucking monica.. broke unemployed faggot"

Like how dont u know the difference

This sounds like a "ladies sing along" please song

There's a difference babes

So basically you're saying you want to know every little detail of what happened in her marriage  :dead:

Because this is still pretty specific as to how she was feeling
And how she vented on the show about being equally yoked
And I mean ,
I get you feel Keyshia and Mary have no shame living every detail of their lives in the open ; Mon isn't that girl.
She's the one who finds the balance in hitting on those subjects; tapping into her personal experiences to emote the feeling of the song; all while protecting her personal life and family from judgement and all that comes with the music business .

I don't see how that's an issue.

So Gone is one of those examples ; and that came from a real phone conversation .
So you're reaching a bit when you say Mon's music is totally generic like Whitney's . Because I agree that that was a downfall to Whitney's music.
Young  :blink:
Where did I say I want to know every detail

Musically there's no way to even do that and even make it make sense

These crumbs you're mentioning just won't do
And I'm really not reaching
It's very telling how monica literally mirrors her brand around Mary's and Whitney's

Yet she doesn't take care of her vocals.. practice or remotely invests in her talent like whitney

Nor does she tap into her life musically the way MAry does
I'm not pulling shit from thin air

She literally gets no respect outside of her stans .. and legit misses every conversation when folks are discussing legends or even ARTISTS..

that's because of her lack of involvement and willingness to bend her belief that her life must stay in house

U can do that musically and not be out in the world with it

Mary does it quite flawlessly
U know what Mary decides to share with you .. yet u feel every tear and pain she felt

Without her even giving u 80% of the deets

But Stan Jdjdjdjd
And believe that Monica's music is personal

GLOCK

TBIM is a perfect example 

you see how brandy tapped into her beef with Adina and made it a song that will forever be revered in something personal 

when I read that writers story on brandy approaching Adina Howard it gave me chills 

chills because they brilliantly brought a personal situation to life and not only propelled solid feelings from every listener that hears the song but also made u believe her and Monica were beefing over a nigga (wanya)

notice how she never once mentions how she almost smacked that bitch at that theatre 

y'all just don't get it :omf:

Alpha

Mons definitely needs a bounce record on the album

Scott.

Quote from: GLOCK on March 12, 2020, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: Scott. on March 12, 2020, 01:27:00 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on March 12, 2020, 01:23:58 PM
Quote from: Scott. on March 12, 2020, 01:20:47 PM
Quote from: GLOCK on March 12, 2020, 11:55:21 AM
I've always wanted to feel close to Monica musically but that's one thing about her .. she isn't vulnerable or bare musically

she has nice songs but because of her real schtick  you would think the music would feel more like her
!!!!!!

That's exactly how l feel now as l get older
it definitely took me growing up and going through my own ups and downs and realizing how impersonal her music resonates
Yes she has a few ghetto moments but eh .. it's larger than that

I knew you'd understand tho king

Being a keyshia and a Mary
Yesssss. Whenever I'm going through something, those two are my go to, and l know you don't use, but K as well. They really bare it all and that's why l love them
well bby I might not use but when my sis did "maybe I should call"

That bitch bared her soul and her ego on that mess

That bitch said "even when you're here ur not with me"

Wtff

That shit is soooooooooo heartfelt
We've all been there

"She's having a child I should've carried"

Bittttt

That bitch was HURTING

Alpha

March 12, 2020, 01:55:40 PM #13431 Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 01:56:36 PM by Alpha
Personally I don't need to know the details of her divorce or anything super personal. She's gonna do what usher did with confessions. Make us think she's spilling tea but not really

No matter what ppl are automatically gonna think it's about Shannon anyways

Scott.

n

the divorce is what the people wanna hear about. Soon as Mary filed for divorce, people were excited for the music cause they knew she was gonna rip him up musically. 

thick of it
glow up
set me free
me +u
indestructible
thank you 
survivor 

all about her divorce 

Alpha

Quote from: Scott. on March 12, 2020, 01:59:28 PM
n

the divorce is what the people wanna hear about. Soon as Mary filed for divorce, people were excited for the music cause they knew she was gonna rip him up musically.

thick of it
glow up
set me free
me +u
indestructible
thank you
survivor

all about her divorce
Don't know any of these songs babe. Mary sung these?

GLOCK

n

thick of it
glow up
set me free
me +u
indestructible
thank you
survivor

all about her divorce
yea

:plzstop:

This bitch can't afford to not open up about it
Damn her fans are stupid  :kii:

GLOCK

Quote from: Alpha on March 12, 2020, 02:01:37 PM
n

thick of it
glow up
set me free
me +u
indestructible
thank you
survivor

all about her divorce
well you're pretty damn dumb so it's no surprise u don't know who he's referring to with her name smack dead in the body of his post

Scott.

Quote from: Alpha on March 12, 2020, 02:01:37 PM
n

thick of it
glow up
set me free
me +u
indestructible
thank you
survivor

all about her divorce

Clearly if l was talking about Mary luhh

Young

All this typing and you're still wrong

I hate to see it bby  :dead:

Sideline Ho - Personal
So Gone- Personal
I Wrote This Song - Personal
USKB - Personal
Still Standing - Personal
Thanks for the Misery - Personal

I mean the list goes on  :dead:

You're a bit extreme with these claims