Oh, that’s not…

Started by RAY7, May 08, 2024, 08:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makeme

She was dumb for this and a bit insensitive...But, I get where she was trying to..umm..But, she didn't mean LITERALLY c-o-m-p-u-t-e-r-s, you know? And she meant poor, under privileged, inner city blacks. And she wants to broaden their horizons.

:butwait!:
Abundance abounds, energy is infinite, life is sacred, anything is possible, and everything happens for a reason. Wisdom dictates that you know exactly what to say, yet, choose not to say it. Truth and knowledge must be sought. With power, comes responsibility. These are universal principles. May God continuously bless us!

kendrick lamar

May 08, 2024, 09:05:01 PM #2 Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 09:08:08 PM by shante smith
aside from the horrid wording she needs to update her software

that talking point woulda been great in the late 90s early 00s when computers were still seen as a luxury
and were on the upper end price wise....inherently excluding lower income families from owning one

but kids in 2024 know what computers are. they hold them in their hands every day - nonstop .

fsfsfsffssf

RAY7

I mean she could've just said poor kids. I'm sure the poor Hispanic and white kids don't know much more than the Black ones

makeme

Quote from: shante smith on May 08, 2024, 09:05:01 PMaside from the horrid wording she needs to update her software

that talking point woulda been great in the late 90s early 00s when computers were still seen as a luxury
and were on the upper end price wise....inherently excluding lower income families from owning one

but kids in 2024 know what computers are. they hold them in their hands every day - nonstop .

fsfsfsffssf

!!!

Basically, they aren't JOSTLING for jobs in the IT field or enrolling in those programs and she wants to change that.
Abundance abounds, energy is infinite, life is sacred, anything is possible, and everything happens for a reason. Wisdom dictates that you know exactly what to say, yet, choose not to say it. Truth and knowledge must be sought. With power, comes responsibility. These are universal principles. May God continuously bless us!

kendrick lamar

May 08, 2024, 09:13:32 PM #5 Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 09:13:58 PM by shante smith
Quote from: RAY7 on May 08, 2024, 09:09:50 PMI mean she could've just said poor kids. I'm sure the poor Hispanic and white kids don't know much more than the Black ones
if they wanna pour attention and resources into poor black kids I say let em do it

Just watch that mouth and make sense

makeme

Quote from: RAY7 on May 08, 2024, 09:09:50 PMI mean she could've just said poor kids. I'm sure the poor Hispanic and white kids don't know much more than the Black ones

Black lives matter>>> All lives matter..I mean, she wants to emphasize US..that shouldn't stop for at least another hundred years..IMO

kendrick lamar

May 08, 2024, 09:15:46 PM #7 Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 09:16:37 PM by shante smith
Quote from: makeme on May 08, 2024, 09:12:32 PM
Quote from: shante smith on May 08, 2024, 09:05:01 PMaside from the horrid wording she needs to update her software

fsfsfsffssf

!!!

Basically, they aren't JOSTLING for jobs in the IT field or enrolling in those programs and she wants to change that.
i was def thinking if the goal is to change HOW computers are seen and used that def makes sense .

Nipsey was huge on STEM efforts/programs for the hood.

One of his hugest missions before his passing

I'm 100% for it

RAY7

Quote from: makeme on May 08, 2024, 09:15:43 PM

Black lives matter>>> All lives matter..I mean, she wants to emphasize US..that shouldn't stop for at least another hundred years..IMO
she can emphasize us, but don't emphasize that we're dumb. Our kids are just intelligent as anyone else. They may not be able to afford things but they know what they are

kendrick lamar

May 08, 2024, 11:01:04 PM #9 Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 11:04:41 PM by shante smith
i will say that i remember having computer classes in elementary / private school

my grandmother definitely saw them as necessity.

even though she knew absolutely nothing about computers or technology herself ... she knew where things were going in the world and wanted me on top of it.

she would never entertain my requests for trendy sneakers but would get a computer set up with no questions. sfsfsffssfsfsf

but because of that earlier exposure i developed a love for computers at a younger age

without a doubt it's been super helpful to me, and an advantage in many situations. 

and im 100% sure it woulda been a lot different for me had i not been introduced so early on.
that's why i say if they wanna pour resources and attention into these black kids, let em pour .

my grandparents weren't ballin outta control but im thankful they were just fortunate enough to present me with those opportunities.