The Marvin Gaye Estate Is Suing Ed Sheeran For His Song ?Thinking Out Loud?

Started by JRocka, August 10, 2016, 09:47:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

http://mashable.com/2015/03/13/marvin-gaye-family-happy-suit-pharrell-williams/#7QfdnCQF6PqR
Family members who appeared on ET earlier this week commented on the similarity of the two songs; Gaye's daughter Nona said she thinks they sound alike, but that as far as legal pursuit goes, "We're not in that space."

Well, that space is roughly a reality away anyway, because William "Smokey" Robinson wrote "Ain't It Peculiar" and has licensed it for recording to many artists, as anyone with a laptop and the link to the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers website can tell you.

JRocka

Quote from: .betterwiseup on August 10, 2016, 10:22:15 PM
I'm surprised they didn't sue Pharrell for "Happy".

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: i remember someone posted this on youtube when Happy came out  :kii: :kii:

ssw4919

When will Alicia get sued for her thievery?

And the writers of this song need to call a lawyer cuz...

Vonc2002

Quote from: ssw4919 on August 10, 2016, 11:11:04 PM

Do u know if people are credited or are u just making assumptions :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowgirl

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 10, 2016, 11:15:41 PM
Quote from: ssw4919 on August 10, 2016, 11:11:04 PM

Do u know if people are credited or are u just making assumptions :dead:
n

ssw4919

I bought the album in 2001.  Only Timbaland and Missy were listed as writers. :lopsided:

Vonc2002

Quote from: ssw4919 on August 10, 2016, 11:18:48 PM
I bought the album in 2001.  Only Timbaland and Missy were listed as writers. :lopsided:
Well the song is different, so that sounds about right. Did u read further down into the rest of the credits :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

ssw4919

You list the original writers in the credits.  They created the song.  :uhh:

But no other writers were created anywhere.  He stole it, hun.

.betterwiseup

Yeah Timbaland used alot of samples but never did credit them.
We Need A Resolution, I Care 4 U,  More Than A Woman and Don't Know What To Tell Ya all were sampled from songs but were not credited.

ssw4919

Quote from: .betterwiseup on August 10, 2016, 11:28:47 PM
We Need A Resolution, I Care 4 U,  More Than A Woman and Don't Know What To Tell Ya all were sampled from songs but were not credited.

!!!

My suspicion is that the original writers are dead on I Care 4 U, and their family never got a case together.  It may have been a clearance issue as to why there wasn't time to  include it on OIAM originally.  But I don't know.

Lazarus

Quote from: .betterwiseup on August 10, 2016, 11:28:47 PM

:plzstop: :plzstop: :dead: