Katy Perry Recorded A Song By Rae Sremmurd?s Swae Lee

Started by JRocka, August 15, 2016, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRocka

Katy Kat?s better get in formation.
Katy Perry has officially started working on her next studio album and plans to tour in 2017. That?s huge news for the music community, considering she?s one of the most commercially successful artists ever. She recently dropped the theme song for the Olympics with ?Rise,? the stomping anthemic tune about seizing once in a lifetime opportunities. Fans originally thought the track was the lead single off her forthcoming record, but she has something else in store.

Not much is known about the pop star?s release plans, but we do have a potential collaboration with Rae Sremmurd?s Swae Lee confirmed. Lee, who wrote parts of Beyonce?s ?Formation? with his musical counterpart Slim Jxmmi, says Perry recorded a song he co-wrote.

?I wrote this track and she laid it and it?s pretty dope,? he told Complex. ?She got a lot of style. She about to come with it!?

The ?Roar? singer previously told Showbiz411 of her upcoming KP4 plans: ?I?m touring in 2017.? A new album? ?I?m working on it,? she added.

Back in February, Perry said her upcoming LP was in the ?research and development phase.?

?I?ve been going at it for eight or nine years in the spotlight, and then before that there?s that decade of hustle that never gets recognized but still shows up in your wrinkles,? she said. ?So right now I?m taking a little time. I don?t want to jump on any trends. I just need to evolve. I do my records in a more traditional way, where the cycle is three years, so that once I start writing them, I know exactly where I?ll be in spring of 2018. That can get a little bit like ?Ugh.? I need a little bit more freedom, especially when I?ve been doing it for this long.?

I don't mind more urban leans like she had on her last album :stressed:

BAPHOMET.

Treasure

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

JRocka

and i love how she promotes her albums...old school way milk every fucking song till the album is certified :ack:

yummy

so I'm guessing swae is like the chad hugo of the group?

FINE.

JRocka

BAPHOMET.

August 15, 2016, 05:33:05 PM #10 Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 05:33:17 PM by Baphomet.
Quote from: LiBra on August 15, 2016, 05:30:59 PM
Swae Lee is the darker one of the two right?

No, thats Slim Jimmy. The useless one.

JRocka

Quote from: Baphomet. on August 15, 2016, 05:33:05 PM
Quote from: LiBra on August 15, 2016, 05:30:59 PM
Swae Lee is the darker one of the two right?

No, thats Slim Jimmy. The useless one.

oh i like the red one he seems like a sweetheart in interviews  :stressed:

LOONA.

b7