Brandy Ft. Chance the Rapper - Baby Mama (out everywhere TONIGHT!)

Started by shaunlamont89, April 24, 2020, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duboisrene

Quote from: Hugo on April 26, 2020, 05:28:48 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on April 26, 2020, 05:16:19 PM
Quote from: duboisrene on April 26, 2020, 05:03:32 PM
Kehlani was on the original version with Chance. It was scrapped the day before the video shoot. The label preferred just Brandy & Chance.

thats not  exactly what happened but nonetheless

she was on it and now she isnt lol

So then what happened?

Kip has more info than I do. So I will let him address that.

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: duboisrene on April 26, 2020, 05:18:15 PM
Quote from: Troye on April 26, 2020, 05:12:55 PM
Quote from: Babyface on April 26, 2020, 05:05:17 PM
wait how we just hearing this?
:uhh:

That was always a rumor a baby mama remix with kehlani Ciara and someone else

I agree. I heard about a remix with Kehlani, Ciara, and Jhené as well. But I've only heard a snippet of the version with Kehlani. That's not to say there isn't another version with the other ladies listed. But what I will say is I prefer just brandy singing all the verses. With no Kehlani.

Yah I agree if they were gonna add another female.  I would say a female rapper Would have been better imo

Sovereign.

Quote from: LF on April 26, 2020, 03:46:06 PM
But u know what, the fact that the song will be sent to radio right away >>>>>>>>  For me, that's the best news.

!!!!!!!

Kalifornia.

b7

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: 1RIG on April 26, 2020, 05:47:01 PM
Hdhdhdj Kip doesn't like Kehlani at ALL

Ohh so he is biased.  I like her but she isn't my fav.  I'd be interested to hear the full thing

FRANCE

Kehlani wouldve definitely attracted the younger generation to the song. So even if she never added anything to the song, that wouldve been the sole purpose. I wouldnt mind if that version did leak. Or if she gets to collab with her on something different. I could hear her voice on a remix to Borderline over Baby Mama.

Sovereign.

Kipp, make sure this made the cut  :ohwow:

follow yoooooooooooooooooouuuurrrrRRRR heart

HI-YAH

FRANCE

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 26, 2020, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: LF on April 26, 2020, 05:57:20 PM
Kehlani wouldve definitely attracted the younger generation to the song. So even if she never added anything to the song, that wouldve been the sole purpose. I wouldnt mind if that version did leak. Or if she gets to collab with her on something different. I could hear her voice on a remix to Borderline over Baby Mama.

I don't think it woulda worked.  I feel
Like it woulda just looked weird brandy doing a first single with two features?   It just read as try hard to me.  When I first heard the record that was my instant response.

Chance is going to bring that added level of exposure and then the song is catchy and sounds modern. 

Plus I don't feel Kehlani efforts have been recieved well this go around.

Most def. I would hate for her comeback single to have 2 features. Thats a no go. But lets get that version with her leaked sometime in May so that some of her fanbase do get turned on to the song.