Brandy Ft. Chance the Rapper - Baby Mama (out everywhere TONIGHT!)

Started by shaunlamont89, April 24, 2020, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

After waiting 8 years, i personally don't want two other people on the first single

Remix, sure.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 26, 2020, 05:17:56 PM
Quote from: 🌮. on April 26, 2020, 05:04:57 PM
Quote from: duboisrene on April 26, 2020, 05:03:32 PM
Kehlani was on the original version with Chance. It was scrapped the day before the video shoot. The label preferred just Brandy & Chance.
shouldve def kept Kehlani

I fucking hate Chance with a passion.

If you heard the version with her and then heard the version you would be understand.

She didnt bring anything
chance is awful.

I would LOVE solo version tbh. Because I kinda feel like ima use the song I just do not like chance

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 26, 2020, 05:55:57 PM
Quote from: Troye on April 26, 2020, 05:51:59 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 26, 2020, 05:47:01 PM
Hdhdhdj Kip doesn't like Kehlani at ALL

Ohh so he is biased.  I like her but she isn't my fav.  I'd be interested to hear the full thing
I'm not nosed
Oh don't get me Wrong I lovvvvvved Kehlani last album.   

I don't like how she moved.  To be a huge brandy fan and then move like that is shady

What did she do?

FRANCE

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 26, 2020, 06:16:12 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 26, 2020, 06:13:19 PM
After waiting 8 years, i personally don't want two other people on the first single

Remix, sure.

Rig like she added nothing! Lol

As is the case with a lot of remixes. Remember the PID remix? Was shit, but huge urban radio stations like Hot 97 was spinning the remix instead of the original all the time when the song started peaking. Its just to tap into a wider audience, thats all.

b7

Quote from: LF on April 26, 2020, 06:20:41 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on April 26, 2020, 06:16:12 PM

Remix, sure.

Rig like she added nothing! Lol

As is the case with a lot of remixes. Remember the PID remix? Was shit, but huge urban radio stations like Hot 97 was spinning the remix instead of the original all the time when the song started peaking. Its just to tap into a wider audience, thats all.
she wasn't on the remix though. I would love that, but she was on the first single itself. Glad it's just bran as far as singing goes

I think kehlani was on the old version that doesn't sound like the one we're getting soon. Brandy completely flipped this mess, i think

:ohwow:

DraeDrizzl3

Quote from: KippDaddy on April 26, 2020, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: LF on April 26, 2020, 05:57:20 PM
Kehlani wouldve definitely attracted the younger generation to the song. So even if she never added anything to the song, that wouldve been the sole purpose. I wouldnt mind if that version did leak. Or if she gets to collab with her on something different. I could hear her voice on a remix to Borderline over Baby Mama.

I don't think it woulda worked.  I feel
Like it woulda just looked weird brandy doing a first single with two features?   It just read as try hard to me.  When I first heard the record that was my instant response.

Chance is going to bring that added level of exposure and then the song is catchy and sounds modern. 

Plus I don't feel Kehlani efforts have been recieved well this go around.
I wouldn't like two features, but maybe it would've worked like Omarion single a few years ago. But if you said it was lame, I'm glad she was cut.

I do hope they work together again tho. Kehlani album was fire and a lot of the shit that she did on it was very Brandy.

b7

DraeDrizzl3

Remix, sure.
!!!!!

Bigmacthawoppa

Kip what did Kehlani do that was so shady?!?!

Shit!

BRockaBaby

April 26, 2020, 07:35:33 PM #404 Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 07:35:48 PM by BRockaBaby
Can someone explain the different relationships different people on this board have with Bran and her team.

i need to know how to scale some of these posts.

no shade! I just don't know the background