Brandy Ft. Chance the Rapper - Baby Mama (out everywhere TONIGHT!)

Started by shaunlamont89, April 24, 2020, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlem

Quote from: MrMoon on April 28, 2020, 03:33:44 PM
And what are YEW doing?!
but ramble 25/8?!
Dem knarled fingers ain't tired to act like Usain Bolt on the keyboard?
We want answers too
:supluv:

:omgwatshappening:

Sovereign.

Quote from: Gifted. on April 28, 2020, 03:41:03 PM
Putting my Music PR hat on...

Publicists only tend to send out a press release on the day of release.

if they were to send an email blast out about the snippet, then the press (print/online) may  post it, but then refuse to post again on release, saying they've already covered it this week/ they may just add the full audio to their post about the snippet and re-share on their socials.

you want the majority of coverage all on one day for impact and they are more likely to see optimum coverage with the full audio/video.

I used to work in Music PR, so trust me...I KNOW what I'm talking about...it's how I hear a lot of songs before they come out.

Thank you for this. It's a silly marketing move for outlets to solely discuss a damn SNIPPET.  :dead:

BORderline

if they were to send an email blast out about the snippet, then the press (print/online) may  post it, but then refuse to post again on release, saying they've already covered it this week/ they may just add the full audio to their post about the snippet and re-share on their socials.

you want the majority of coverage all on one day for impact and they are more likely to see optimum coverage with the full audio/video.

I used to work in Music PR, so trust me...I KNOW what I'm talking about...it's how I hear a lot of songs before they come out.

Speak louder Theo WilliamsT

SouravMay

This is very very true. Doesn't make sense to tease or report about sth that's not out yet
B7

Bish

Quote from: Babyface on April 28, 2020, 02:41:28 PM
Quote from: Bish on April 28, 2020, 02:36:35 PM
Quote from: Babyface on April 28, 2020, 01:55:25 PM
I don't fucking get it.
Why aren't we being informed to tune in?
:uhh:

Her fucking team is da pits.

OMGGG some info would be posted right in front of ya'll and it's still

why didn't she post

:plzstop: :kii:

The news always finds a way to you so unless ya'll miss out on something then stop complaining about what she didn't promote.
and thats the problem we shouldn't have to go digging for shit like interviews and appearances.
she or her team is suppose to make sure that we know so we can support.

get it?
You're not digging for it if you are part of an online community whose purpose is to share things like this with one another.

Get it? :supluv:

Bish

Quote from: Lee on April 28, 2020, 02:57:05 PM
I'm not sure why they aren't more vocal about the platforms she'll be on. Maybe they don't consider them to be major interviews?
At this point, let's just give the interviewer some good questions to ask. It should be good because they worked together on Zoe Moon.
I mean it's not The Tonight Show.

These little promos aren't that big of a deal to me and will not make or break Brandy.

Heated🔥

Quote from: Bish on April 28, 2020, 03:55:34 PM
Quote from: Babyface on April 28, 2020, 02:41:28 PM
Quote from: Bish on April 28, 2020, 02:36:35 PM
Quote from: Babyface on April 28, 2020, 01:55:25 PM
I don't fucking get it.
Why aren't we being informed to tune in?

Her fucking team is da pits.

OMGGG some info would be posted right in front of ya'll and it's still

why didn't she post

:plzstop: :kii:

The news always finds a way to you so unless ya'll miss out on something then stop complaining about what she didn't promote.
and thats the problem we shouldn't have to go digging for shit like interviews and appearances.
she or her team is suppose to make sure that we know so we can support.

get it?
You're not digging for it if you are part of an online community whose purpose is to share things like this with one another.

Get it? :supluv:
its def digging if u don't know about it and have to go searching.

Get it?
:jetbeauty:

Le Champ

Quote from: Bish on April 28, 2020, 03:57:52 PM
I'm not sure why they aren't more vocal about the platforms she'll be on. Maybe they don't consider them to be major interviews?
At this point, let's just give the interviewer some good questions to ask. It should be good because they worked together on Zoe Moon.

These little promos aren't that big of a deal to me and will not make or break Brandy.

Agreed.
If/when she's on GMA and they don't announce, THEN we'll lash :dead:

Cuban0

Quote from: MrMoon on April 28, 2020, 03:47:34 PM

Speak louder Theo WilliamsT

GLOCK

Quote from: Harlem on April 28, 2020, 09:56:31 AM
Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on April 28, 2020, 05:09:35 AM
Quote from: DraeDrizzl3 on April 28, 2020, 12:23:15 AM
Ghan just tweeted about it

https://twitter.com/4everBrandy/status/1254988916408512512?
:ohwow:
her team is just awful.
How didn't someone make landscape version of this for twitter?
Not her posting the vertical (story)
video for twitter :shannonsmissing:

!!!!!!

Yo I just blacked about the same shit! All formats of this promo video should've been created to properly post on the right platforms... the vertical on twitter looks unprofessional
!
I really hope she recruits some of her fans
The girls are too talented to just perch on a board all day when they can be helping her.. she created a culture of closeness with the stars.. this is when she needs to lean on them the most

Sovereign.

Quote from: Lee on April 28, 2020, 03:59:03 PM
Quote from: Bish on April 28, 2020, 03:57:52 PM

Agreed.
If/when she's on GMA and they don't announce, THEN we'll lash :dead:

n

GLOCK

Quote from: Noni on April 28, 2020, 01:28:13 PM
Question to Kipp or Gifted:

1. Is the first verse still the one where she sings something like:

"only kind of first in love, my baby got a dream she deserves her own voice from above, she's a pearl in the rough..."

don't Mind my interpretation of what she is saying but you get it 👀

2. Is the part left in the song where she sings:

"the facts and opinions said you can do that, what you can do, I just wanna shed a light yeah-I-yeah, you are gonna be alright, be alright..."

Thank you 🤓
That last part doesn't go like that
She says
"I be up in my comments and I scroll through..
obvious..
but can't do what I do.."

Noni

Quote from: GLOCK 🌹 on April 28, 2020, 04:10:49 PM
Quote from: Noni on April 28, 2020, 01:28:13 PM
Question to Kipp or Gifted:

1. Is the first verse still the one where she sings something like:

"only kind of first in love, my baby got a dream she deserves her own voice from above, she's a pearl in the rough..."

don't Mind my interpretation of what she is saying but you get it 👀

2. Is the part left in the song where she sings:

"the facts and opinions said you can do that, what you can do, I just wanna shed a light yeah-I-yeah, you are gonna be alright, be alright..."

Thank you 🤓
That last part doesn't go like that
She says
"I be up in my comments and I scroll through..
obvious..
but can't do what I do.."

I think you're describing the pre-hook

There's another clip out that was just removed from YouTube where you hear a bridge which sounds heavenly

GLOCK

Quote from: Poseidon on April 28, 2020, 03:28:32 PM
Has this been discussed?!

that is the version I heard
Good interview
I think I'd appreciate this more tho if the album was out. I wish this lady would've asked her more about the music and less about her journey through music. We've heard it time and time again

Brandy sounds confident tho. I'm excited