Brandy Ft. Chance the Rapper - Baby Mama (out everywhere TONIGHT!)

Started by shaunlamont89, April 24, 2020, 05:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 04, 2020, 09:27:10 AM
Quote from: Lee on May 04, 2020, 09:18:29 AM
Y'all are gonna drive y'all selves crazy pointing out every misstep :dead: I get it, but I promise it's easier to enjoy things when you just let it go and enjoy being a fan

I get that, I really do. It's just hard to let go of the expectation as a fan. Especially when it's been so long. Might be healthier to be casual fans instead of stans. We'd demand less then, but the flip side is we wouldn't go as hard for her.

I definitely think there are some things that deserve critique, but a lot of the stuff I'm seeing is trivial. Idk...I'm not really sweating the small stuff. I'm sure I could find gaps in anything for every artist, but that's exhausting and keeps me from enjoying the great things.

lovechild

Y'all are gonna drive y'all selves crazy pointing out every misstep :dead: I get it, but I promise it's easier to enjoy things when you just let it go and enjoy being a fan

Honestly I had this epiphany today lol i have no control so I was like let me release any expectations of what i think it should be and just enjoy it . We are so involved and we have such high expectations that it can honestly ruin everything she does.

Le Champ

Quote from: lovechild on May 04, 2020, 09:33:46 AM

Honestly I had this epiphany today lol i have no control so I was like let me release any expectations of what i think it should be and just enjoy it . We are so involved and we have such high expectations that it can honestly ruin everything she does.

It really will! I'm not about to wait 8 years then nitpick every single thing cvbjhhh
I'm going to enjoy this, and I can honestly say, I'm pleased. The promo, her interviews, the song, the video...I'm happy with all of it.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Lee on May 04, 2020, 09:37:41 AM

It really will! I'm not about to wait 8 years then nitpick every single thing cvbjhhh
I'm going to enjoy this, and I can honestly say, I'm pleased. The promo, her interviews, the song, the video...I'm happy with all of it.

Teach me! Cuz I'm not there yet  :plzstop:

Maybe it would be easier if I liked the single. I think that's what did me in the most.

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 04, 2020, 09:55:00 AM

Maybe it would be easier if I liked the single. I think that's what did me in the most.

:plzstop:
Ok that probably would have given you a good jumpstart lol. Idk...maybe it'll happen over time. I've tried the critiquing thing and it was just frustrating. But once I erased all my expectations and gave Bran a clean slate, it was easy. I'm not even forcing myself to like anything lol. I just do. And seeing how happy and healthy she is in interviews just makes me happy for her.

Bish

Quote from: Lee on May 04, 2020, 09:59:55 AM

Ok that probably would have given you a good jumpstart lol. Idk...maybe it'll happen over time. I've tried the critiquing thing and it was just frustrating. But once I erased all my expectations and gave Bran a clean slate, it was easy. I'm not even forcing myself to like anything lol. I just do. And seeing how happy and healthy she is in interviews just makes me happy for her.
Yes I am getting much better with just letting things go.

I will say I love the consistency of the visuals. The hair, the clothes and colors it all feels tied together and I like that Brandy has a real point of view as an artist.

b7

Quote from: Bish on May 04, 2020, 10:02:18 AM

Yes I am getting much better with just letting things go.

I will say I love the consistency of the visuals. The hair, the clothes and colors it all feels tied together and I like that Brandy has a real point of view as an artist.
!!!!!

Bigmacthawoppa

I'm working on letting go. This quarantine mess is probably giving me more time to be hyper critical tbh. I am happy to see that she's in a better place. The interviews have been great. I hope regardless of the performance of this new material she continues to push on with music. Feeling like there might be another long wait ain't helping with the pressure in this era  :dead:

Le Champ

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on May 04, 2020, 11:31:43 AM

I'm working on letting go. This quarantine mess is probably giving me more time to be hyper critical tbh. I am happy to see that she's in a better place. The interviews have been great. I hope regardless of the performance of this new material she continues to push on with music. Feeling like there might be another long wait ain't helping with the pressure in this era  :dead:

Yes I definitely hope she just keeps releasing. It's so much easier to do now that she's indie. Things will work out for her...I know it will.

BORderline

Sadly no Neptunes and Timbaland on B7.
They worked a little bit but it did not go nowhere she said. 🙁

CAMPER... we are watching u homie. 

Le Champ

Quote from: MrMoon on May 04, 2020, 12:27:42 PM

He better come tf THRU.

CREAM.

Quote from: MrMoon on May 04, 2020, 12:27:42 PM

🙄

RATHER_g

Jay_G

Le Champ

I hope Bran doesn't completely scrap those Neptunes and Tim songs if they were any good. 

CREAM.