Brandy Interviews

Started by Seven, May 01, 2020, 11:47:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reekz

Quote from: lovechild on May 02, 2020, 07:48:27 AM
Had no idea the Vocal Bible thing made her depressed at some point that's so crazy. We created that to honor her gift and I hate that it made her feel pressure. When I Saw her last I said you're the greatest singer in the world and she said no! Don't say that .... Im like sis!! Let us give you your flowers and just keep doing you. There is nothing more Brandy Norwood  needs to prove to anybody .  I hope she feels loved and that she is getting her flowers while she can smell them. 

Yeah that "Vocal bible" thing was always funny to me. Then when she start claiming it, that's when I knew it went too far. Love Brandy with everything but that was a lie and even she didn't believe it. I always felt like the starz did that because Brandy was having a hard time with success and that was to lift her status up. It was just dumb tho.

b7

Quote from: Reek of the Damned on May 03, 2020, 10:00:08 AM
Quote from: lovechild on May 02, 2020, 07:48:27 AM
Had no idea the Vocal Bible thing made her depressed at some point that's so crazy. We created that to honor her gift and I hate that it made her feel pressure. When I Saw her last I said you're the greatest singer in the world and she said no! Don't say that .... Im like sis!! Let us give you your flowers and just keep doing you. There is nothing more Brandy Norwood  needs to prove to anybody .  I hope she feels loved and that she is getting her flowers while she can smell them. 

Yeah that "Vocal bible" thing was always funny to me. Then when she start claiming it, that's when I knew it went too far. Love Brandy with everything but that was a lie and even she didn't believe it. I always felt like the starz did that because Brandy was having a hard time with success and that was to lift her status up. It was just dumb tho.
Nope. It was started by people and Singer/songwriters like Stacy Barthe

b7

Who are also stans so i guess ur right in a way :dead: 

singers and artists alike took it and ran with it because she is their personal vocal bible. If they say it, that's not something subjective to be argued with. "Vocal bible" is just a nickname 

Doesn't mean she's greater than Whitney Houston. Even when she was getting cocky, she knew better than to ever say something like that. She praised Whitney more than ever during that time actually lol 

whatever

Man bran the vocal bible period......

lovechild

Yeah I remember hearing Stacy say that full Moon is a vocal bible and people all agreed that they looked to that album for vocal Inspiration and play Bran before recording . But I love it and have always felt like Brandy was the blueprint and changed the way people sing and lay vocals. 

Brandy is funny tho cuz one minute she's telling ppl she will sing their family under the table ( and has mentioned Whitney passing her the torch and wanting to play Whitney and the next minute she's afraid of the vocal bible title and now doesn't wanna play Whitney  lol so it just depends on sis mood if she's feeling cocky or not. These days she seems more humble and I'n her spiritual bag which I can appreciate as well.

lovechild

b7

Quote from: lovechild on May 03, 2020, 10:20:09 AM
Yeah I remember hearing Stacy say that full Moon is a vocal bible and people all agreed that they looked to that album for vocal Inspiration and play Bran before recording . But I love it and have always felt like Brandy was the blueprint and changed the way people sing and lay vocals.

Brandy is funny tho cuz one minute she's telling ppl she will sing their family under the table ( and has mentioned Whitney passing her the torch and wanting to play Whitney and the next minute she's afraid of the vocal bible title and now doesn't wanna play Whitney  lol so it just depends on sis mood if she's feeling cocky or not. These days she seems more humble and I'n her spiritual bag which I can appreciate as well.
for sure

But it was always dangerous to assume passing the torch meant "second coming of Whitney". Now that's her fault of course, but she has always said Whitney is the be all, end all.

b7

Quote from: lovechild on May 03, 2020, 10:23:21 AM
Quote from: whatever on May 03, 2020, 10:19:40 AM
Man bran the vocal bible period......

PERIOD!!
yea. And it's because of her sound and it's influence

People forget the difference between having ur own SOUND and just flat out being a great vocalist.

There are many many Gospel singers that can sing every full moon run and some even better  :kii: but only a handful of them can claim they have their own sound.

That's not easy. Everybody doesn't have that lol

Le Champ

Yea people definitely misunderstand the VB title. It was intended to assert how worthy Brandy is of her vocals being studied, because she's such an extraordinary talent. Nobody uses their voice like Bran: her harmonies, range, tone, placement, CHOICES. It wasn't to assert her as "the best singer ever"...even though she's my favorite vocalist ever :feelinmyself:

I've always respected Whitney's gift, but she's never been on my top list of singers, even though she's obviously one of the greatest. It's always been Brandy, Jazmine, and Mariah for me.
A good bit of this is subjective, but I'm just grateful that Bran is included in those conversations. And her face/name will forever be generated by Google when you search Vocal Bible :feelinmyself:

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

Quote from: 1RIG on May 03, 2020, 04:03:38 AM
Quote from: demetriusrocka on May 02, 2020, 05:36:44 PM
This interview overload has me in heaven. This is level of promo she did in total for two eleven. I am satisfied fan, I'm so happy y'all. the confidence is really coming through pretty strong I'm loving it. this will be my favorite era I just know it. I can feel it!
!!!!!! This will most definitely be one of my favorites

She was maybe smart to be silent all of this time as far as interviews go, because not only does she seem to be in a much better space, she also has much much more to discuss and share.

Agreed!  Especially since it's been so long and she actually was doing other things like star Broadway touring etc. One thing I wish her team would be to her being ask the questions she has been asked a hundred times and the obvious Monica mentions.  Other than that I'm happy.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Bish

Bish

SouravMay

All these SAME questions.

Moesha Reunion
Kobe Bryant
Monica Versuz
Sy'Rai

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
B7

Bish

OMG I really hope she does the Moesha virtual reunion like the Fresh Prince cast did

Le Champ

Bobby Brown was in the comments ndndndndmfn
this damn LEGEND